Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey dave,

are u gonna try making the 21G again once the new evo IX turbos become availiable. cuz werent u having trouble fitting the compressor wheel in the old housing of the 03-05. i asking because the evo IX compressor housing is supposed to be bigger. or do u think u'll try to make a better 20G on the evo IX turbo. the bigger housing should make it easier to fit a wheel in their that will produce great power up top without sacrificing spool.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LostSoul Evo
hey dave,

are u gonna try making the 21G again once the new evo IX turbos become availiable. cuz werent u having trouble fitting the compressor wheel in the old housing of the 03-05. i asking because the evo IX compressor housing is supposed to be bigger. or do u think u'll try to make a better 20G on the evo IX turbo. the bigger housing should make it easier to fit a wheel in their that will produce great power up top without sacrificing spool.
The Largest problem for the EVO turbo will be the turbine side......
Old Aug 2, 2005, 05:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
No boost leaks. BUT the wastegate actuator was not tight on the pin. Going to leave for home shortly and will see where the boost is on the way home.

I don't need any '03 cores right now. I may in the future. I sent out 3 today and one TME.

The 20G on my car is a standard 2003 EVO turbo with the 20G wheel and the 10.5 MR housing on it. It was NOT a TME ti/al turbine wheel.

I did send out cores today in speculation that the boost is going to go up on the car. Once I see the boost raise I will officially say, "Please call or place your order online"

I am looking forward to some dyno testing. Going to be tough comparing numbers though with the change from 2wd to AWD and from Dynojet to Mustang Dyno.

What is the saying? "Great things come to those who wait"?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I hope that TME/BR20G is for me.. I have my TME Core ready to ship...
Old Aug 2, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe a stupid question -but just curious. If I were to have an Essexx ball bearing TME turbo - would you able to keep the ball baring and tranform it into your "20g" ?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by platinumspecv
Maybe a stupid question -but just curious. If I were to have an Essexx ball bearing TME turbo - would you able to keep the ball baring and tranform it into your "20g" ?
What I would do is get the turbo from Buschur and then send it to Essex turbos.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
Only problem with your theory is that 05's dont have Ti/Al like the TME. The difference is 05's have the hotside, and a more aggresive mapped ECU.
What's the code on the turbo? If its TD05HRA, its supposed to be Ti/Al right?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 06:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LordEvoIX
What's the code on the turbo? If its TD05HRA, its supposed to be Ti/Al right?
Correct.. OEM Turbos on USDM cars are TD05HR-16G6-10.5t (2005) and TD05HR-16G6-9.8t (2003-2004) Both are Iconnel turbine wheels..
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Correct.. OEM Turbos on USDM cars are TD05HR-16G6-10.5t (2005) and TD05HR-16G6-9.8t (2003-2004) Both are Iconnel turbine wheels..
Thanks for the info. I would love to see what an Evo IX turbo can do with that 20G wheel. The bigger compressor housing, the 10.5T hotside, the titanium shaft and the 20G wheel might all add up to make for interesting results
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LostSoul Evo
hey dave,

What's the differences between a 20G and a 21G? Physical size?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone have any hard concrete info on the new EvoIX compressor wheel? All we know is that it's "bigger." I wish we had some overseas friends to chime in on that. I guess we'll see soon enough, though. Who knows, maybe that new wheel on the IX accomplishes what the 20G and WR are aiming to do as well!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 09:27 PM

IX Turbo

I some how don't think we're going to be seeing the same power levels and boost holding capability from what ever Mitsubishi put on the EVO IX for a stock turbo.

Old Aug 3, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zstryder
Does anyone have any hard concrete info on the new EvoIX compressor wheel? All we know is that it's "bigger." I wish we had some overseas friends to chime in on that. I guess we'll see soon enough, though. Who knows, maybe that new wheel on the IX accomplishes what the 20G and WR are aiming to do as well!
As far as I know the compressor wheel is the same size for the IX, they just made the compressor housing larger to accomodate more generous radii for the nozzle discharge.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The ti/al wheel for sure spools faster and hits harder, enough to definetely notice it.

The normal wheel works quite extremely good in a 10.5 housing, obviously as that is what I am running on the car now.

One other side note, the 10.5 housing I am running now, compared to the one I had on with the stock turbo, is NOT ported or ceramic coated. We had no ported/coated spares when the stock turbo blew up.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 3, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The 21g is dead. This is the wheel we will use. I think if anything it will work even better in the EVOIX housing. The difference between the 21g and this 20g are the size.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 3, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

so when is the build available? any etc or still dealing with boost issues?

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.