Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikey52
His name wasnt Ivan, was it?
Yeah Mike, that's me. One thing I found out is I need to go through and see why I'm logging 27psi, where the dyno is logging 31. Time to tear the car apart, again.

I'm going to try and get the sheet scanned today, then make a new thread. David I'll post about the other thing we also talked about, in that thread. Good see everyone up there again.

Ivan
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ivan_C
Yeah Mike, that's me. One thing I found out is I need to go through and see why I'm logging 27psi, where the dyno is logging 31. Time to tear the car apart, again.

I'm going to try and get the sheet scanned today, then make a new thread. David I'll post about the other thing we also talked about, in that thread. Good see everyone up there again.

Ivan
Haha, I knew that set up sounded familiar. Nice numbers!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

20g update/WR

So David,

the WR put down 364 on your dyno and the 20g put down 330 ? Is this correct?
By road racing, you mean on the street where there is a lot of part throttle action or track events that are not a straight line?

Are there plans to try a WR and a 20g on the same car to see where these turbos shine?

Thanks,
Sigfrid
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:58 AM
Account Disabled

Subscribing!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

By road racing, he means part throttle, high rpm in a corner.

I know this because I actually read what he posted. Imagine that!

Originally Posted by ruzs
So David,

By road racing, you mean on the street where there is a lot of part throttle action or track events that are not a straight line?

Are there plans to try a WR and a 20g on the same car to see where these turbos shine?

Thanks,
Sigfrid
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Wtf

And your name is David, right?
for a second there I thought I asked you something.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&postcount=236

you talking about that?
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

No, I am talking about the guy trying to clarify what road racing means and telling me I can't read.

FWIW, I would like to know before buying a turbo if it only works at WOT and idle (20g).......just like I would like to know if a turbo gives no power gains except at 30 psi and on race gas (WR).

Of course, I would like to know what David thinks as I trust his opinion. I would also trust someone who has installed one and dynoed before/after and would share.

Sigfrid
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ruzs
So David,

Thanks,
Sigfrid
i am interested in this too. it would definitely help everyone make a final decision and one of these would sell like crazy!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:30 PM
Account Disabled

Really......^^^
Old Aug 26, 2005, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
i am interested in this too. it would definitely help everyone make a final decision and one of these would sell like crazy!
The other 2 will sink like rocks....I don't think this is going to happen
Old Aug 26, 2005, 06:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am now in possession of a TME based EVO20G from buschur racing.. I have to send out my header and O2 housing for thermal coating, but this unit is nice, the compressor wheel is top notch, and the clipping and balancing of the turbine is amazingly clean. I can't wait to get this bad-boy installed, I have gaskets and hardware showing up this week and if I get the coated parts back before next weekend I should be able to get it installed.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I am now in possession of a TME based EVO20G from buschur racing.. I have to send out my header and O2 housing for thermal coating, but this unit is nice, the compressor wheel is top notch, and the clipping and balancing of the turbine is amazingly clean. I can't wait to get this bad-boy installed, I have gaskets and hardware showing up this week and if I get the coated parts back before next weekend I should be able to get it installed.
jack can i borrow it for like 3 weeks
Old Aug 27, 2005, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
jack can i borrow it for like 3 weeks

heheheh
Old Aug 27, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
ruzs,

You are only partly correct. Yes, the WR put down 364 on our dyno, with 31 psi of boost. My car put down 340 but at 22-23 psi of boost.

No intentions of testing a WR against the 20G on the same car unless someone pays us for doing it. I could care less what the WR makes. From the boost I saw on this particular car I am less interested now than ever. (31 psi dropping to 22 psi)

By road racing I am talking about someone who drives through a corner with the car making high RPM and then tries to modulate the throttle open and shut with boost, this causes the turbo surge.

The turbo (20G) doesn't just work at WOT and idle. Obviously I can't drive just at WOT and idle, but I got your point. If you have ever driven with a guy that considers himself to be a road racer you will instantly be able to imagine the driving style. They always want to be one gear lower than I do, always downshift into corners or even turning a street corner. Their driving style, to me, is extremely abusive, maybe it's just my outlook. Anyway, the turbo has never surged on myself or Kevin driving it. Imagine going into a corner at 5,000 rpm and then just trying to ease into the throttle enough to make say 10 psi, that's when it surges.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.