Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
maybe I will just put it on our site which doesn't receive as much traffic and I can make it a sticky.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
That will be a great. People will be able to see graphicaly what type of power gains their money is buying them!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What changes are you planning for the Deluxe FMIC? Or can those be revealed at this time?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our current deluxe kit.....not sure if it is going to fit. I am going to have to look into that. We are going through some FMIC changes at the shop right now, to be released in another week or two.
what changes are you making to the deluxe kit???
Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
whatever he does, I don't think he will neglect the old customers who bought his Deluxe FMIC. So just chill
BTW I got one of those too.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

o i'm already neglected. I've had so many problems with it and it always get chalked up installtion error which is not the case. The other guy who works here and another customer of mine have the same problems I do. i couldnt even get a new outlet pipe when i asked for one because i believed the flange on mine was to thin but I was told NO. Buschur makes awesome parts and thats why I bought this intercooler but i've had problems with it and not really gotten any help. But in now way he lost me as a customer because i'd happily use any other parts he makes. The other guy here has a deluxe fmic also and the hole on the top mounting bracket was drilled too low so the intercooler sits crooked because the lower pipe thats welded on is up against the frame and the only way to match up the holes was to angle it. when we were putting it on, it was too late to turn back but it sucks that he has a crooked intercooler now. I wish he made an intercooler that was setup like the deluxe, but didnt require any cutting to the undertray. that would be perfect
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
o i'm already neglected. I've had so many problems with it and it always get chalked up installtion error which is not the case. The other guy who works here and another customer of mine have the same problems I do. i couldnt even get a new outlet pipe when i asked for one because i believed the flange on mine was to thin but I was told NO. Buschur makes awesome parts and thats why I bought this intercooler but i've had problems with it and not really gotten any help. But in now way he lost me as a customer because i'd happily use any other parts he makes. The other guy here has a deluxe fmic also and the hole on the top mounting bracket was drilled too low so the intercooler sits crooked because the lower pipe thats welded on is up against the frame and the only way to match up the holes was to angle it. when we were putting it on, it was too late to turn back but it sucks that he has a crooked intercooler now. I wish he made an intercooler that was setup like the deluxe, but didnt require any cutting to the undertray. that would be perfect
Like steve saidi have the deluxe fmic on my car didnt fit to good at all. I contacted david about it he told me to send it back and he would take care of it. But it was already on the car and didnt feel like going threw the headache of takeing it back off. The connecter thats connects the lower pipe to the turbo outlet pipe all has ripped on 3 peoples cars i know of that have this intercooler. The outlet pipe always blows out the gasket. I believe the flange is to thin and cant handle the heat. Does this turn me off to buschur products, no not at all because i know he stands behind his work and is willing to make things right when theres a proble. Over all tho i think the outlet pipe is a problem.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have that problem too. My BR FMIC sits a bit crooked. And the coupling from at lower IC pipe blew off a few times. I fixed the problem by buying a longer/stronger 4-ply silicon coupling.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
I have that problem too. My BR FMIC sits a bit crooked. And the coupling from at lower IC pipe blew off a few times. I fixed the problem by buying a longer/stronger 4-ply silicon coupling.
Yea the turbonetics cuplers that come with the kit are way to thin
Old Nov 30, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The Deluxe Intercooler kit has already been changed. The lower pipe that use to weld to the intercooler is now two pieces. We didn't announce the change, just did it a few weeks ago. So now there is a short straight piece on the inlet tank that has a coupling going to the bend. The change is that use to be one piece. This gives more flex to the system so the couplings won't rip. Same short routing, just done in two pieces.

The race FMIC now has a complete lower intercooler pipe kit available that we haven't announced yet. It has the outlet from the turbo (2") that goes into a 2.5" lower pipe to the intercooler. I have changed the lower outlet pipe that bolts to the stock EVO8 and EVO9 turbos. I've changed the length and angle that they are built. Easier to install, much easier and more clearance.

I have to check to see if this new outlet pipe will work with the current deluxe and standard intercoolers before we release them. As of now it is only fitted for the Race FMIC.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 30, 2005, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

The Deluxe Intercooler kit has already been changed. The lower pipe that use to weld to the intercooler is now two pieces. We didn't announce the change, just did it a few weeks ago. So now there is a short straight piece on the inlet tank that has a coupling going to the bend. The change is that use to be one piece. This gives more flex to the system so the couplings won't rip. Same short routing, just done in two pieces.

The race FMIC now has a complete lower intercooler pipe kit available that we haven't announced yet. It has the outlet from the turbo (2") that goes into a 2.5" lower pipe to the intercooler. I have changed the lower outlet pipe that bolts to the stock EVO8 and EVO9 turbos. I've changed the length and angle that they are built. Easier to install, much easier and more clearance.

I have to check to see if this new outlet pipe will work with the current deluxe and standard intercoolers before we release them. As of now it is only fitted for the Race FMIC.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
If the new outlet pipe works with the deluxe intercooler will you be supplying it to people who have problems with the current one??? because if so we need 3 of them sent to suffolk county NY
Old Nov 30, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ thanks for the info, hopefully it will fit and I will place my order..
Old Nov 30, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing Dyno thread

Just click on the above link and you will be taken to the new thread on our site to see dyno sheet comparisons. I will continue to add to that thread so just check back from time-to-time.

If there is something you would like to see for a comparison just send me a PM and will see what I can do.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 30, 2005, 04:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice David
Old Nov 30, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered my 20G-9 turbo today from Jarrod!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

any idea how this turbo would compare to the 3076 in overall performance? for instance, a car with all basic bolt ons, where the only difference is the turbo (evo9-20g vs 3076) on pump and alky. which turbo would outperform the other in 1/4 mile race and 40mph rolling race? trying to see which one would have the stronger and best overall powerband.

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.