Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What size injectors are reccomended with the 20g/9 turbo upgrade? Tuning with a UTEC
Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
porting or not, its not going to help the fact the the turbo will surge, the wheel is too big for the turbo on the '03-'05. Im sure dave has done all he can with the 20g-8.
Actually no you are incorrect, he has a new compressor cover w/ surge ports that should alleviate most of the surge. If you haven't tested it don't reply.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blink2824
What size injectors are reccomended with the 20g/9 turbo upgrade? Tuning with a UTEC
Dave recommends his 680cc injectors. If you see his upgrade stages, he tells you injectors and fuel pump are to prepare you for the turbo upgrade.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Niicceeee

This is Some awesome Info on a car that has Tons of stuff done to it. What if Were just minor bolt ons IE intake TBE, Minor cams? What kinda times are we looking for with lets say a moderate driver? like my best 60 ft is a 1.7ish and im not exactly a prodriver. But id like to think as myself as alittle better than most.

The price for this kit seems reasonable. Esp for the power output im glad that all the the years on prior 4g63s are coming into play seems like this is going to be a promising turbo.
Just looking for alittle more than what i got right now. Would you recommend this for daily driving?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
creamo,

We just got the 20g-8 with the ported shroud in last week. I am looking for a car to test it on other than my own. I think everyone is tired of seeing the results from my built RS so I want a Stage 4 style car. Probably going to use Jarrod's 2004 Stage 4 car.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 5, 2005, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

spooldyou,

It is very hard to say how the turbo is going to do on a mild build. We are waiting to test the ported shroud 20g-8 turbo on a normal Stage 4 car here. I am hoping we can get to this this week actually.

The 680 cc injectors are going to be ideal for most guys. I had them in my car but maxed them out (duty cycles over 100%) and had to switch to a set of 880 cc injectors. The car flows some air for sure. Trying to run LARGER than 680's with the stock re-flashed ECU can get a little tough, keep this in mind when you order your injectors.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 5, 2005, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
creamo,

We just got the 20g-8 with the ported shroud in last week. I am looking for a car to test it on other than my own. I think everyone is tired of seeing the results from my built RS so I want a Stage 4 style car. Probably going to use Jarrod's 2004 Stage 4 car.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Dave,

Not only that, i am pretty sure you are tired of taking parts on and off of your car .
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
creamo,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Sounds good, look forward to the results. Btw, what is involved in switching shrouds. Do you have to separate the hotside and coldside then do the swap?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

DAVID - I ToTaLLy AgRee!! Bump For Another Test Car
Old Dec 5, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

I am starting to think I might want to try an external wastegate with this turbo. I tried it awhile back with the stock turbo but it killed the low end. Might be a different story now.
ooo
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

The compressor housing is held on my a snap ring (not a snap yo. You simply take the snap ring off and then swap housings. Sometimes it can be done on the car, depends on the rotation of the ring.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

David,

how much of a difference would there be in the 1/4 if your car was a gsr? how about if your car didnt have the built head and block? just curious to see what kind of results we could see on the stock engine and gsr evo.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

spooldyou,

It is very hard to say how the turbo is going to do on a mild build. We are waiting to test the ported shroud 20g-8 turbo on a normal Stage 4 car here. I am hoping we can get to this this week actually.

The 680 cc injectors are going to be ideal for most guys. I had them in my car but maxed them out (duty cycles over 100%) and had to switch to a set of 880 cc injectors. The car flows some air for sure. Trying to run LARGER than 680's with the stock re-flashed ECU can get a little tough, keep this in mind when you order your injectors.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Im runiing a turboXS Utec, Im not to sure how a setup like this is going to react to what i ahave for parts. Im just not sure if i made the right choice as far as management goes, but i dont wanna really go with the a full standalone. Again i find myself getting confused cause of my lack of experiance with the AEM. I do feel it is a strong unit just not sure if its what im looking for. I seem to get mixed reviews from what i read on the forums seeing that it is all i have to go on for info. Not a whole lotta EVO guys around the boston area with some crazy setups

680s or larger on a UTEC going to be a prob? Esp with the mods that i plan on running?

Dave Thanks for Responding.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Would there be anyway to have an external wastegate w/ the 20G-9?

~fred
Old Dec 6, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooldyou
Im runiing a turboXS Utec, Im not to sure how a setup like this is going to react to what i ahave for parts. Im just not sure if i made the right choice as far as management goes, but i dont wanna really go with the a full standalone. Again i find myself getting confused cause of my lack of experiance with the AEM. I do feel it is a strong unit just not sure if its what im looking for. I seem to get mixed reviews from what i read on the forums seeing that it is all i have to go on for info. Not a whole lotta EVO guys around the boston area with some crazy setups

680s or larger on a UTEC going to be a prob? Esp with the mods that i plan on running?

Dave Thanks for Responding.
I run a 3076r with a utec with no problems, i am running 680's.. We have built numerous 5-600whp sti's running 850cc injectors with the utec with no problems also..

Just like any EM, the utec is only as good as the tuner. Get a competent tuner, and you will have good results. My car runs great, and very strong.

David- Did you max those 680's on both race and pump fuel?

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.