Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kind of numbers are we expecting with the 20g?
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Great job David, Maybe I should upgrade to one of these from my current setup(cause she only runs 126.4 mph in the quarter)

are you talking about the fp3065 set up? it seemed like a damn good set up, if you can, please pm me about your experience so far.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
evoviiyou,

Thanks for your great input, maybe you should switch as it doesn't honestly take a 6xx hp EVO to go a super high 126.4 mph like your car does. That could be done on a fast spooling turbo that puts out only 450 whp.

jbfoco,

I honestly don't know what to expect from the turbo. The 20G's of DSM days on race gas hitting 27 psi of peak boost have put our 446 whp. I'd like to see the same type results out of this one. The line was nice HP line was nice and flat.

Most guys looking for this type of turbo are looking to make 400 whp on pump gas, that seems to be the big goal. Love to see that happen with this turbo. I have already made 393 whp on 94 octane on a clipped TME turbo, that was on a 2wd Dynojet. The car ran 11.7 at 116 mph, so you can calculate what WHP that might be on some other dyno.

As much as I'd like to see 400 whp from it on pump gas, even if I do I realize there are going to be guys that can't duplicate the results because of other parts combinations or tuning. I'd like to see 440 whp on race gas from it.

Mostly what I want is a nice flat boost line without the big spikes and then decrease in boost at redline you get with the stock turbo and highly modified engine. This alone is going to increase performance drasticly.

With those type of WHP numbers pump gas times should be well into the 11's at 116+ and on race gas the times should be high 10's (with an exceptional driver) to below 11.50's with poorer combinations and drivers.

I had planned to run the RS tonight (Tuesday) but severe weather was coming and we only took one car to the track. That one ran well and I started a new topic about it, check it out.

The weather is suppose to be good tonight, so the RS goes then.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Great job David you can't rush perfection! Also damn you posted up early as hell today 4:00AM! Dont you sleep
Old Jul 27, 2005, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

really interseted. but i have another question for u. ok i have a 03 evo so i have the 9.8 hotside. would u guys put a 10.5 hotside on the 20g or is the whole thing new? i want to make 350 whp without cams on pump gas if possible with this turbo. im so indecisive on what to upgrade next. should i wait for this turbo or go with cams now?
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
evoviiyou,

Thanks for your great input, maybe you should switch as it doesn't honestly take a 6xx hp EVO to go a super high 126.4 mph like your car does. That could be done on a fast spooling turbo that puts out only 450 whp.

jbfoco,

I honestly don't know what to expect from the turbo. The 20G's of DSM days on race gas hitting 27 psi of peak boost have put our 446 whp. I'd like to see the same type results out of this one. The line was nice HP line was nice and flat.

Most guys looking for this type of turbo are looking to make 400 whp on pump gas, that seems to be the big goal. Love to see that happen with this turbo. I have already made 393 whp on 94 octane on a clipped TME turbo, that was on a 2wd Dynojet. The car ran 11.7 at 116 mph, so you can calculate what WHP that might be on some other dyno.

As much as I'd like to see 400 whp from it on pump gas, even if I do I realize there are going to be guys that can't duplicate the results because of other parts combinations or tuning. I'd like to see 440 whp on race gas from it.

Mostly what I want is a nice flat boost line without the big spikes and then decrease in boost at redline you get with the stock turbo and highly modified engine. This alone is going to increase performance drasticly.

With those type of WHP numbers pump gas times should be well into the 11's at 116+ and on race gas the times should be high 10's (with an exceptional driver) to below 11.50's with poorer combinations and drivers.

I had planned to run the RS tonight (Tuesday) but severe weather was coming and we only took one car to the track. That one ran well and I started a new topic about it, check it out.

The weather is suppose to be good tonight, so the RS goes then.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just quit asking premature questions....this is what gets your hopes up then when it doesn't do EXACTLY what you wanted (for various reasons) you will be disapointed.

Just let some people buy it first to see how it goes over....don't be the guinney pig.

and for the full price, you get a brand new turbo with the 10.5 hotside
Old Jul 27, 2005, 06:59 AM

Dave ,

Where are the logs i am interested in looking at them.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

mangook,

I don't sleep when I have stuff on my mind. It's nothing for me to be up on the middle of the night taking notes of things, drawing ideas or posting on the internet. I think the 20G will work really well with the 9.8 hotside for spool up. The 10.5 is going to give more top end just like it does on the stock turbo. The 10.5 housing can be bought seperately or if you order a brand new 20G will come on it.

Tony,

I will post the logs. I am going to do another log today. I am going to log only the RPM, air temps, boost and engine load so it is a clean log without 25 other parameters being logged. As soon as I get it done I will post them.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
mangook,

I don't sleep when I have stuff on my mind. It's nothing for me to be up on the middle of the night taking notes of things, drawing ideas or posting on the internet. I think the 20G will work really well with the 9.8 hotside for spool up. The 10.5 is going to give more top end just like it does on the stock turbo. The 10.5 housing can be bought seperately or if you order a brand new 20G will come on it.

Tony,

I will post the logs. I am going to do another log today. I am going to log only the RPM, air temps, boost and engine load so it is a clean log without 25 other parameters being logged. As soon as I get it done I will post them.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Dave,

Please include timing as well. I want to directly compare it to my TME.

Thanks,
Tony
Old Jul 27, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

I am not including timing or some of the other parameters intentionally. I am not trying to educate the world on how to tune a car, I am only posting this logs to show the stability of the boost vs. RPM and the effiency of the front mount.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Whats wrong with educating the world on your tuning?

also, just a note, i would like to see how much boost this thing will hold at 7800. i can make the stock turbo have steady boost up to 22psi...im more interested in if this new one will hold 25psi at the rev limiter
Old Jul 27, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

My tuning gets paid for, that's what's wrong with it

If you are holding 22 psi of boost at redline then I would keep the stock turbo on the car. My car will only maintain 21 psi at redline on the stock turbo if I use our high boost actuator and hit 30 psi to begin with.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

well, im going by the boost gauge...so it could be 21 and some change....

so you would keep the stock turbo if you thought it could hold ONE more psi on the top end? that 1 psi mean that much?

and of course i knew why you didn't want to post your timing curve, i forgot to enter my "wink" smiley! damn intraweb

can you tell me this dave(even though its a tad off topic)....do you pull a significant amount of fuel out to spray alky?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Your a real toolbox huh?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

david, Did I read your other thread right and you said you got rid of your dyno? We want some # on this turbo.

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.