Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just waiting on my lower intercooler pipe and I should have some dyno numbers too.

The car is going to be a completely new beast, I can't wait.

I am adding the following to my mods:

Buschur 20G-9 w/upgraded actuator
Buschur race fmic
Buschur lower intercooler pipe
SSautochrome 02 housing (ceramic coated)
1000cc injectors
methanol injection kit
Old Jan 5, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Nice mang! I probably wont have mine on the dyno until later this month..

I'm tearing down my VIII tonight.. tomorrow I will install the 20g-9 with some other goodies.

I will try to document it as well as I can
Old Jan 6, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

LICP showed up today and my ceramic coated 02 housing will be done tomorrow. This 20G-9 is going to shine!
Old Jan 6, 2006, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I orderd the last one in the next shipment!!!

10's or bust baby
Old Jan 7, 2006, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
You CANNOT install a EVO9 compressor housing onto an EVO8 turbo, won't fit, it's too big.

Now, great news.

Put my RS back on the dyno this week. Put race gas in it FINALLY. Before I did that though I tried something else new in the tune. It helped. The car made 348 whp and 349 ft lbs of torque on STRAIGHT 94 OCTANE!! Freaking incredible on this dyno. I then put 5 gallons of C16 in the tank.

Using the AEM to control boost is the best thing I have done in I can't remember how long time. Absolutely incredible.

Anyway, 28 psi peak and then going down to 27.3 psi, so basically a flat line of boost. The car made 388 whp and 394 ft lbs of torque. 20 psi hits at 3500 rpm and I have 28 psi right about 4,000 rpm. It's unreal. I cannot wait to drive this car.

Remember at 328 whp with this turbo the car ran a best ET of 11.30 and a best of 124 MPH!!

I am up 60 whp over that now. Is this a 10 second turbo? Not with me driving it but I have a couple of other guys I will throw in the car and prove that it is. Freaking monster of a car!

Other GREAT news. Nick got a call from one of our customers today. I am hoping he posts his results. He has the 20g-9, alky and a reflashed ECU. It is NOT reflashed for the 20G but will be soon. He went to a local MD AWD dyno and dyno'd at just over 380 whp!! Needless to say he has his combination right and he loves the turbo! Please post some sheets and a comment if you happen to see this!

Thanks for all the support you guys give us.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 7, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

I really want this turbo David. I'll be calling you when money is less tight!
Old Jan 7, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
You CANNOT install a EVO9 compressor housing onto an EVO8 turbo, won't fit, it's too big.

Now, great news.

Put my RS back on the dyno this week. Put race gas in it FINALLY. Before I did that though I tried something else new in the tune. It helped. The car made 348 whp and 349 ft lbs of torque on STRAIGHT 94 OCTANE!! Freaking incredible on this dyno. I then put 5 gallons of C16 in the tank.

Using the AEM to control boost is the best thing I have done in I can't remember how long time. Absolutely incredible.

Anyway, 28 psi peak and then going down to 27.3 psi, so basically a flat line of boost. The car made 388 whp and 394 ft lbs of torque. 20 psi hits at 3500 rpm and I have 28 psi right about 4,000 rpm. It's unreal. I cannot wait to drive this car.

Remember at 328 whp with this turbo the car ran a best ET of 11.30 and a best of 124 MPH!!

I am up 60 whp over that now. Is this a 10 second turbo? Not with me driving it but I have a couple of other guys I will throw in the car and prove that it is. Freaking monster of a car!

Other GREAT news. Nick got a call from one of our customers today. I am hoping he posts his results. He has the 20g-9, alky and a reflashed ECU. It is NOT reflashed for the 20G but will be soon. He went to a local MD AWD dyno and dyno'd at just over 380 whp!! Needless to say he has his combination right and he loves the turbo! Please post some sheets and a comment if you happen to see this!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Sounds like great news dave,

I'd love to see timeslips and dynojet numbers as well
Old Jan 7, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome!

I got mine on today and just took it for a drive. I'm flashed for the stock turbo but I kept an eye on AFR's (low 11's). Car is an absolute monster now. I'll explain more when I have time to collect my thoughts.

I'm a little afraid to take it past 6500 because AFR's are a little leaner up there.. Also my Hallman is being a PITA and wont turn down past 1.7bar

Is it just me or does this turbo sound a good bit different from the stocker?
Old Jan 7, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Now, great news.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

That's over 100whp more than i made on your dyno and i ran 11's, It will run 10's... Can't wait to get mine deliverd, I will be up to see you to get my V-rpo retuned and get some dyno #'s
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

390whp on David's Mustang dyno would mean about 460whp on a Dynojet!!!!!! The turbo is definitely gonna dominate over the others.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RSGuy
390whp on David's Mustang dyno would mean about 460whp on a Dynojet!!!!!! The turbo is definitely gonna dominate over the others.

I'm stubbornly still kinda in disbelief and denial until I see some solid track numbers, time slips, and most importantly...I want to see other people besides Dave Buschur who have bought this EVO 9 20G to run 10's also.

and when that happens I'll consider the 20G-IX, till then its gonna be a TT 50Trim and bigger turbos.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Now, great news.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
This is good news. Glad I'm on the list to be called.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

David Buschur
I have a hard time with the math on this achievement.

Stock on your dyno = 213
Stock MPH in 1/4 = about 104
328 whp = 115 whp over stock
Your MPH = 124

So, you are honestly claiming that you gained 20mph in the quarter with just 115 more horsepower.

even when adding 22% to compare to a dynojet you make 140whp over stock.

To give perspective, A stock '03 evo using STD correction, makes about 230whp on a dynojet 424x
230 + 140= 370whp

Dave,
That is what many many of us make all over the country. And tons of us go out and run 113 to 115 mph at the track with those kind of numbers. Now, with your top notch drivers and bit of extra weight removal, there is no way you should do better than 117-118mph.

Your numbers simply don't seem to add up.

Finally, I know that you (and others) are going to feel the need to personally insult me. But please, please, answer my question when you are finished.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jan 7, 2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I'm stubbornly still kinda in disbelief and denial until I see some solid track numbers, time slips, and most importantly...I want to see other people besides Dave Buschur who have bought this EVO 9 20G to run 10's also.
+1
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

dave are you still running the ebay 02 housing and your ported and coated stock cast manifold and with the aem boost controller with less taper what do u think the stock IX turbo would taper down to at 28 psi?

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.