Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
david, Did I read your other thread right and you said you got rid of your dyno? We want some # on this turbo.
has a new AWD dyno being installed this week
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:09 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsujeff55
so, you are saying that the boost gauge is off because its not actually at 0 due to atmostpheric pressure.

what im saying is, my boost gauge was spot on with the DD sensor at the dyno....and i haven't changed the boost and the boost gauge doesn't show anything drastically different at peak or redline....nothing like 5 psi like dave is talking about.

again, maybe im still misunderstanding
Its an AEM clitch that the AEM reads lower boost that gauge boost - all AEM tuners are aware of that
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
david, Did I read your other thread right and you said you got rid of your dyno? We want some # on this turbo.
Edited: Nevermind...someone beat me to it.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Its an AEM clitch that the AEM reads lower boost that gauge boost - all AEM tuners are aware of that
BUT, which is actual boost? I mean, when you AEM tuners say we are running X amount of boost on 93 octane....you are talking about gauge boost, correct?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:45 AM
Account Disabled

You have to log the sesnor voltage - MAP pressure on AEM and look at your gauge to get an idea what is going on

I can tell you that the AEM boost as reported as "MAP pressure " on the AEM is significantly lower than what a gauge will report

After a while you get used to this

When I say I am running 43 psi of boost - that is AEM boost as my car is too fast to watch the boost gauge and the neddle moves too fast to watch anyway
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
gsujeff55,

My problem with the stock turbo is that I have to run it as high as 30 psi to get it to hold the 21 psi at redline. If you can hold a nice steady boost curve of 21 psi then that's great. As the engine gets more modified and breathes better you won't be able too. I personally do not pull much if any fuel on alky tunes. I don't feel it is safe to do it, it costs me some power I know but I don't want someone's car to blow up. I usually crank the boost and add timing rather than trying to run it leaner. IF you pull a bunch of fuel with the alky and something happens to the kit it is going to cost you an engine.

I did sell our dyno, but our new MD AWD dyno will be here tomorrow.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with Al, I tune from the AEM datalogs when I am tuning a car now. The boost gauge usually reads higher than the AEM in every case. Unless a boost gauge is broken I have never seen one read lower than the EMS does.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
gsujeff55,

My problem with the stock turbo is that I have to run it as high as 30 psi to get it to hold the 21 psi at redline. If you can hold a nice steady boost curve of 21 psi then that's great. As the engine gets more modified and breathes better you won't be able too. I personally do not pull much if any fuel on alky tunes. I don't feel it is safe to do it, it costs me some power I know but I don't want someone's car to blow up. I usually crank the boost and add timing rather than trying to run it leaner. IF you pull a bunch of fuel with the alky and something happens to the kit it is going to cost you an engine.

I did sell our dyno, but our new MD AWD dyno will be here tomorrow.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
hmmm, it doesn't bog the motor down like that? i mean, if you have gobs of timing added with gobs of boost, if the kit fails, your screwed. I don't think the ECU can pull timing that fast, can it?

I don't see how the motor doesn't get choked up with the same fuel and alky coming in there....i know there is more boost, but ****.

also, while on subject and you are letting mepick your brain....can you advance the timing much over stock timing with the alky+26psi spikes of boost holding 22psi to redline. i just wanna know exactly how "safe" my current tune is.

thanks dave!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

So what's the name or nickname going to be?

Elmer Fudge?

Road Runner?

Last edited by GOKOU; Jul 27, 2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Most Likely:

BR-RS20G

RS = Reverse Scroll (or better yet)
RS= Rabbit Spanker
Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

It's not Elmer FuDge, that's what Elmer has after a night of drinking too much, it's Elmber FUDD

Going to call it the Red Fox, atleast then it will have a chance at catching a rabbit! haha

Just going to call it the EVO 20G upgrade that's all.

gsujeff55,
Jeff, you very easily could have bought that alky kit from us. No offense but sometimes you seem like you want to jump on me pretty easy. I'd be glad to help you with the kit but I didn't sell it to you.

BTW, it's raining here, no track tonight.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Any updates on posting the logs?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
It's not Elmer FuDge, that's what Elmer has after a night of drinking too much, it's Elmber FUDD

Going to call it the Red Fox, atleast then it will have a chance at catching a rabbit! haha

Just going to call it the EVO 20G upgrade that's all.

gsujeff55,
Jeff, you very easily could have bought that alky kit from us. No offense but sometimes you seem like you want to jump on me pretty easy. I'd be glad to help you with the kit but I didn't sell it to you.

BTW, it's raining here, no track tonight.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Actually, Mr. Buschur, I did buy it from you. And i don't jump on you, i respect everything you do. I don't sometimes agree with ways you handle drama...but im not your mama. I respect your opinion and hold it of high value when talkin about these cars.

BTW, i thought you didn't pay attention to who posted what, LOL.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
hmmm, it doesn't bog the motor down like that? i mean, if you have gobs of timing added with gobs of boost, if the kit fails, your screwed. I don't think the ECU can pull timing that fast, can it?

I don't see how the motor doesn't get choked up with the same fuel and alky coming in there....i know there is more boost, but ****.

also, while on subject and you are letting mepick your brain....can you advance the timing much over stock timing with the alky+26psi spikes of boost holding 22psi to redline. i just wanna know exactly how "safe" my current tune is.

thanks dave!
Notice that the factory tuners in their infinite wisdom tuned the Evo into the 9 / 1 a/f ratio zone with the factory tune.

You can run a car and make very decent power with a slightly richer a/f

Especially when you add a siginificant proportion of alcohol the car will run very well on the rich side as alcohol can burn in concentrations twice as rich as gas and make optimal power.

90% of the power from an alcohol kit comes from increased boost and cooling the air intake temps at the manifold. You can also increase the timing slightly but given the higher boost your cylinder pressure is already approaching optimal. Leaning out the a/f is going to add more power - but the increase is very slight and the risk is great.

Prudent tuners leave alcohol tunes rich.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Notice that the factory tuners in their infinite wisdom tuned the Evo into the 9 / 1 a/f ratio zone with the factory tune.

You can run a car and make very decent power with a slightly richer a/f

Especially when you add a siginificant proportion of alcohol the car will run very well on the rich side as alcohol can burn in concentrations twice as rich as gas and make optimal power.

90% of the power from an alcohol kit comes from increased boost and cooling the air intake temps at the manifold. You can also increase the timing slightly but given the higher boost your cylinder pressure is already approaching optimal. Leaning out the a/f is going to add more power - but the increase is very slight and the risk is great.

Prudent tuners leave alcohol tunes rich.
Al, When you coming to the shop for a dyno day....hint hint..

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.