Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2006, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The Power FC has some of the best injector control I have seen. We have 1650's in the black car and it idles like stock with them in there. So yes, the Power FC will control the injectors no problem.

The ECUTEK controlling them, I don't know. Ask Al about that one.

The 680's plus alky will be fine. If you end up running a little leaner then you could easily up the alky jet, but I think even the small jet will make it perfect.

Ted B. I agree with your formula. That is taking into consideration that the injector is at 100%. The 650 cc working for 450 bhp would be about right. I ran 680cc's when the car made 328 whp on our dyno which was 11.30 @ 124 mph. I tried to raise the boost that day and the car was going leaner and leaner, then I noticed the duty cycle was over 100%.

Rather than switching to a 780 to just temporarily fix the fueling issues I put in a set of 880 cc injectors which were more than enough. The car is now making 389 whp and 394 ft lbs on our dyno.

O.K. I just went and pulled up my datalog to get this exactly right.

At 7200 rpm and 26.63 psi of boost running AFR of 11.27:1 with the 880 cc injector that is in the car right now the duty cycle was only 69.71%. That was 388 whp and 393 ft lbs of torque to the wheels on our dyno.

I have a habit of deleting anything I don't need. (For that matter I throw out anything I don't need too-bad habit sometimes.) I wanted to look up exactly what I had the day the car was out of injector with the 680's but the datalogs are gone.

An AFC can fine tune the fuel but going with that large of an injector and trying to control idle and such with the AFC isn't going to work perfectly.

I recommend a custom flash.

I am talking with Al right now. He says no problem on the larger injectors and his flash. He can control them.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hehe the more and more this goes on it just get better. keep up the cool news
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The Power FC has some of the best injector control I have seen. We have 1650's in the black car and it idles like stock with them in there. So yes, the Power FC will control the injectors no problem.

The 680's plus alky will be fine. If you end up running a little leaner then you could easily up the alky jet, but I think even the small jet will make it perfect.

Ted B. I agree with your formula. That is taking into consideration that the injector is at 100%. The 650 cc working for 450 bhp would be about right. I ran 680cc's when the car made 328 whp on our dyno which was 11.30 @ 124 mph. I tried to raise the boost that day and the car was going leaner and leaner, then I noticed the duty cycle was over 100%.

Rather than switching to a 780 to just temporarily fix the fueling issues I put in a set of 880 cc injectors which were more than enough. The car is now making 389 whp and 394 ft lbs on our dyno.

At 7200 rpm and 26.63 psi of boost running AFR of 11.27:1 with the 880 cc injector that is in the car right now the duty cycle was only 69.71%. That was 388 whp and 393 ft lbs of torque to the wheels on our dyno.

I have a habit of deleting anything I don't need. (For that matter I throw out anything I don't need too-bad habit sometimes.) I wanted to look up exactly what I had the day the car was out of injector with the 680's but the datalogs are gone.

An AFC can fine tune the fuel but going with that large of an injector and trying to control idle and such with the AFC isn't going to work perfectly.

I am talking with Al right now. He says no problem on the larger injectors and his flash. He can control them.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Hey dave I am excited to see this turbo doing so well. I have pre-orderd one and it should be here in about 3 weeks, and that's about when my stage 3 build should be done.. As you probably remember I put down 275whp on your tune and dyno last time with the mod's in my sig.. I have since upgrded, cam's to 280's, removed balance shaft's, added forged rod's and piston's 9.0 compression, cam gear's, ebay o2 housing, and clevite 77 bearings and 20g-9.. I have 2 question's, the first is do you think V-pro will be fine for my alky-pump tune with this new set-up and if so should I get a knock link? The second question is, do you think I will be trapping mid 120's with this set-up, I realize its all driver, but I can drive well.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

You can drive, the 11.8 at 116 mph with 280 whp on our dyno is proof of that!

We have a few knock links here, I'll sell you one cheap. I think I used one in your car when I tuned it, didn't I?

Yes, the VPro will be fine in your car. Just needs re-tuned.

Did you change the oil cooler on your car?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LIFER
Hey dave I am excited to see this turbo doing so well. I have pre-orderd one and it should be here in about 3 weeks, and that's about when my stage 3 build should be done.. As you probably remember I put down 275whp on your tune and dyno last time with the mod's in my sig.. I have since upgrded, cam's to 280's, removed balance shaft's, added forged rod's and piston's 9.0 compression, cam gear's, ebay o2 housing, and clevite 77 bearings and 20g-9.. I have 2 question's, the first is do you think V-pro will be fine for my alky-pump tune with this new set-up and if so should I get a knock link? The second question is, do you think I will be trapping mid 120's with this set-up, I realize its all driver, but I can drive well.
with that setup you could rev to 9000rpm or so right?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

I suppose you could rev to 9,000 rpm but it would be dumb to do it. The car won't make any good power there.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

why the 20g does not like high rev. so then the best setup for this turbo would be what just your stage 4 with this turbo.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

You can drive, the 11.8 at 116 mph with 280 whp on our dyno is proof of that!

We have a few knock links here, I'll sell you one cheap. I think I used one in your car when I tuned it, didn't I?

Yes, the VPro will be fine in your car. Just needs re-tuned.

Did you change the oil cooler on your car?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Pm me a price on a knock link... do you think it's worth buying since I only tune with you?

Yes I changed the oil cooler, oil pump, alll gaskets, and all bearings, no shavings in my motor!

I want to be the first 20g-9 to run 10's, also dave will I be aloud to run in the stock-appearing class @ the dsm shoot-out, by the way when is that?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im really glad to here that Al can control them. im prob going to get a set of 780cc's from u guys when u get my turbo sent to me. i cant wait. any word on when u should have them?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

I got to a stopping point while installing my turbo last night.

The damn bolts and studs that join the turbo to the mani won't come off. I broke 4 sockets trying to break the loose.

I am waiting for someone to give me a ride this afternoon to resolve this and I should be able to finish up later this evening if all goes well.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

I take the studs out of the entire assembly and replace them all with bolts. Makes swapping turbos and such a ton faster.

I will sell you the knock link cheap. PM me. I have some new datalogging software on its way here so I don't need them anymore. With the VPRo I'd suggest having one in the car, so yes, you should get it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1023
why the 20g does not like high rev.
It isn't that the turbo doesn't 'like' it, but rather the turbo doesn't really have enough efficiency to make power way up there. You can't get quick spool/ tremendous torque and huge high rpm efficiency. This turbo is a good compromise, giving a good dose of all three without sacrificing too much of anything. Besides, your motor isn't equipped to make peak power at 9000rpm anyway - not without headwork, BIG cams, etc.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 02:23 PM
Account Disabled

Anyone have a CFM rating on a BR 20G? Significantly more then a 16G?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Anybody else think its cool that David's RS is making more torque than an SRT-10?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted AWD
Anyone have a CFM rating on a BR 20G? Significantly more then a 16G?
+1

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.