Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
For as good of a turbo this is.. It just doesn't move enough air to make 500whp.. 500bhp maybe.. You just end up hitting a few too many restrictions in its design to go much further with it at the moment.. Dave's car has about everything you can do to it to improve efficiency and decrease the work the turbo itself has to do..

Its a fantastic turbo, but people need to really take a step back and look at what this turbo is intended for, and be realistic..
Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
u know what, buy one and if u can get 500 hp from it, than i will buy u the biggest cookie i can find.

thanks put no thanks, i alread made a 12x14 cookie the other day i knew not rought i had a little problem. it was a surga one too woot woot.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
For as good of a turbo this is.. It just doesn't move enough air to make 500whp.. 500bhp maybe.. You just end up hitting a few too many restrictions in its design to go much further with it at the moment.. Dave's car has about everything you can do to it to improve efficiency and decrease the work the turbo itself has to do..

Its a fantastic turbo, but people need to really take a step back and look at what this turbo is intended for, and be realistic..

yes somthing little bit more then stock, good for every day relibe, fun for city driving, good for autox, good for road racing, good for drag racing, i think its an all around, for what you do with it, but still i think there is a turbo out there with more beef then that and will do all the same, also top end and what not will scream hello, but for a sleeper this is a nice setup,
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Everything has tradeoffs.. you have to decide what your willing to give up..
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want to know where exactly u went to school so i can go give your teacher five fingers across his or her face for passing u. god damn will u proof read!
Originally Posted by mike1023
thanks put no thanks, i alread made a 12x14 cookie the other day i knew not rought i had a little problem. it was a surga one too woot woot.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
i want to know where exactly u went to school so i can go give your teacher five fingers across his or her face for passing u. god damn will u proof read!

so sorry as is im not the best writer, and with no sleep last night and up for over 24hrs now trying to write while falling over, does not help at all.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

so sorry as is im not the best writer, and with no sleep last night and up for over 24hrs now trying to write while falling over, does not help at all.

I thought you were dyslexic? At least get your story straight.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

too bad that most of the gains of this turbo are realized at higher than safe-for-pump gas boost levels.

it doesn't seem that this turbo offers anything to the stage IV w/ 10.5 hotside Evos running on straight pump gas, which probably describes the bulk of people interested in a bolton turbo upgrade.

Ugh, I guess 50 trim it is
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
I thought you were dyslexic? At least get your story straight.

ya i em dyslexic how did i not get it straight, i said as is im not the best writer. just go back to topic thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

dude i bet ur fun drunk. haha
ya i em dyslexic how did i not get it straight, i said as is im not the best writer. just go back to topic thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RSGuy
I would think that 430whp Dyno-Jet would be possible with the 20G-9 on race gas with the required supporting mods, possible standalone, and good tuning. That would be right around 500hp at the crank. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 500 crank horsepower doesnt seem that out of reach with the 20G-9....
I dynoed 430whp on a Dynojet with my 20G-9 and you can see my mods in my sig. Some have been left out due to lack of signature space, but you get the idea. I was on stock block and head when I dynoed that and ran the times in my sig.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
I dynoed 430whp on a Dynojet with my 20G-9 and you can see my mods in my sig. Some have been left out due to lack of signature space, but you get the idea. I was on stock block and head when I dynoed that and ran the times in my sig.
Was that on race gas?
Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
too bad that most of the gains of this turbo are realized at higher than safe-for-pump gas boost levels.

it doesn't seem that this turbo offers anything to the stage IV w/ 10.5 hotside Evos running on straight pump gas, which probably describes the bulk of people interested in a bolton turbo upgrade.

Ugh, I guess 50 trim it is
I don't agree with this statement. I don't think the bulk of the people looking for a turbo upgrade want it just so they can make more power on straight pump gas. Let's look at it this way -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's say you have a stage IV, 10.5 and make 300WHP on pump and decide you want to get up to 350WHP. (this is just an example):

#1 - You could get an alcohol injection kit for $500 or buy a bunch of race gas for $500 and you can make 350WHP and keep stock spool-up.

-or-

#2 - You can pay $1500 - $4500 for a 50 trim turbo kit and make 350whp on pump gas and lose 500-1000 rpms of spool time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think most people go for option #1 to get to 350WHP. Then from there you can get the 20G9 and jump up to 380WHP. Not very many smart buy a big turbo to use it solely with pump gas and below it's peak efficiency range.

What this turbo offers to the folks with a stage 4 and pump is this - same daily driveability as the stock turbo, plus when you want to race you have the option of throwing in some race gas, cranking up the boost and making about 80WHP and 80WTQ more.

(note - all WHP numbers are just made up examples used to show relative differences and should not be taken as a claim of what will be made)

EVOlutionary
Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

EXACTLY.

On pump gas the 20G curve is also a bit nicer than stock. On race gas my hp curve was flat from about 5000 on and the car is a monster. I think Alky/Meth is going to be perfect for what I'm looking for.

Once my 20G-9-5 replacement is here I'll post up as much info/charts as I can. Hopefully I can get some 1/4 mile action this year as the local 1/8 track isn't a whole lot of fun.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

well i seen a plenty of stock turbo going 118 117 no bluid motor. and with weight rediction i dont see it having a problem with more, also i think 20g can do 500hp why not lol stock turbo people at 450 right.
Yeah and I am trapping 120-122mph with a conservative tune for race gas. AFR's are 10.9 - 11.3. If you don't know how conservative that is for race gas, I suggest you go do a little research. Also realize that my car is not gutted by any means and it has a 6spd and I am shifting through five gears. With out the fifth gear shift the car would be running a couple tenths quicker and a couple more MPH for trap speed. For the math impared that would be 11.1x - 11.2x sec ET's and 122 - 124MPH traps with high 1.6x to low 1.7x 60' times which are not great by any means. With AFR's in the high 11 range, I am sure it would pick up another MPH or two also. I shift in the 7000 to 7400 RPM range and boost is still at 24-25psi with a stock wastegate actuator I would like to see that from a stock turbo

Quick Reply: 20G turbo upgrade from Buschur Racing.