Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TRE tranny

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TRE tranny

I bought TRE tranny and decided to oped it for check
and what do you think i found out?

ALL PARTS INSIDE ARE STOCK!ALL!
So now explaine me what is the difference between TRE and stock tranny????
For what i payed 2700$?

On stock tranny i could`t shift at 8000RPM because sinhros did`t allow
As i understand with TRE tranny will be the same problem...
Help with advices if somebody knows the difference?

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

that sucks...guess i will send my tranny to shep then.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

it's all cyro treated and such...
Former Vendor

call themm.. the first thing they usaully do is put gears with more spaced teeth in them.. i dont think tre would screw u..
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What did you expect to find? A box full of straight cut gears?

We our proud to introduce the latest effort in our line of performance transmissions. Again, TRE takes a factory new trans and modifies the gearsets to make them stronger, shift better and last longer. The end result is a much stronger transmission with improved shift quality that will last. This is a excellent transmission for those making serious power and shifting at insane rpms. Transmission includes the latest revisions and TSB's. If you are serious about your EVO you need this transmission, it allows you to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven.
He uses modified stock parts, which have been assembled to TRE's spec to make them last longer.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
don't tell me that I bought a transfer case with forged spider gears and a limited slip front diff. with the limited slip........I spent $2,600.00

Last edited by PHILLY EVO; Jul 26, 2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

What Jon does on the Evo Trannies = replace all parts with newest mitsu TSB parts for the transmission, kryotreat (if you took that option), deburring the gears, and also to make sure all the tolerances and specs are correct making a solid transmission. So yes, if you open it up, it should look pretty stock I would imagine. My TRE tranny shifts @ 8800-9000 without a hitch. So he's doing something right.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor

have you been to the track yet, or on snow..
Originally Posted by PHILLY EVO
SH%* don't tell me that I bought a transfer case with forged spider gears and a limited slip front diff. to tell you the truth I dont fell a diff. with the limited slip........I spent $2,600.00
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

On a more serious note, I have a TRE spec tranny in my car, and it has all stock or modified mitsu parts in it. It does things the stock tranny could never do, shift smooth and precisely, shift quickly and grind free at high RPMs. Of course it's stock parts in the tranny!! And FYI, for the $2600 you paid, you wouldn't get a mitsu spec tranny for much less brand new.

SH%* don't tell me that I bought a transfer case with forged spider gears and a limited slip front diff. to tell you the truth I dont fell a diff. with the limited slip........I spent $2,600.00
Well, first, there's no way you bought a transfer case with both the forged spider gears AND the limited slip, it's one or the other buddy. And if the parts were installed correctly, you shouldn't tell a difference. If it's forged spider gears, you'll never see a difference except that they won't break. If you got the limited slip, you still won't see a difference in day to day driving. Go to the track, hammer it in some corners, and then you will.

- Steve

Last edited by timzcat; Jul 26, 2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Guys take it easy on the guy. I'm sure he is just truely confused. Yaroslav go back to the TRE website and read their descripition. The tranny you bought is a modified stock transmission and not a dog box. My understanding is that TRE basically takes a stock tranny and realigns, inspects and changes any faults in factory unit due to the huge variation/range of tolerance. I don't think they CRYO treat the gears, but I could be wrong.

Superhatch is correct Phillyevo you can't have both forged spider gears AND LSD, they are mutually exclusive. Check out the the sticky about tranny at the top of the forum.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah you're right QAT, we got a little harsh there. My appologies.

- Steve
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, first, there's no way you bought a transfer case with both the forged spider gears AND the limited slip, it's one or the other buddy. And if the parts were installed correctly, you shouldn't tell a difference. If it's forged spider gears, you'll never see a difference except that they won't break. If you got the limited slip, you still won't see a difference in day to day driving. Go to the track, hammer it in some corners, and then you will.

- Steve

P.S. Still at the stock parts comment....[/QUOTE]

No.. I did get the forged spider gears and my front diff is a limited slip.....thats what I orderd when I talked to Jon and its also on my receipt.................but I cant tell a difference when racing the car at the track....
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Jon from TRE is the sh*t. I'm sendin my tranny to him once i can dig up enough money.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

No.. I did get the forged spider gears and my front diff is a limited slip.....thats what I orderd when I talked to Jon and its also on my receipt.................but I cant tell a difference when racing the car at the track....
Man, it's not physically possible unless you put in a POS Phantom Grip (aka Random Grip) LSD. And knowing Jon, he wouldn't install one of them for you no matter how much you paid him. A Quaife or Ralliart LSD (The only 2 I know of) completely replace the spider assembly. CALL JON and figure it out, maybe your reciept was misprinted.

- Steve
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually you won't notice the difference with a front LSD in daily driving and you'll hardly notice a difference on the track. The only condition that you will notice or not notice the difference your front LSD will make, is under rainy, wet, snow, dirt, gravel conditions ... your car will be much more stable while cornering, braking and accelerating than an EVO without a front LSD ...

PS: the first post made me laugh