Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's new EVO, runs a couple of 10's.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICS DAVE WE WANT pics , On the race FMIC what differs from the others
Old Jul 27, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

nice times dave!

its 70 degrees today here in chicago, hopefully them temps will make it over to ohio. Then bust out the old shop closed for drag racing sign
Old Jul 27, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

David, congratulations for busting your *** once again for the Evo community. I am very interested in the pics!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 07:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are a few pics for now. I will be posting more later on. The car is out being lettered right now and should be back friday and I will post some engine, interior, and side shots.

Before:

Front:

Fuel Cell Setup:

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I wouldn't say we are setting any standards with this new car, yet Look at Al Friedman and AMS, both running without nitrous, high 9's low 10's. Hopefully with a little more work we will get the car faster.

To be honest, this was the last thing we wanted to do to an EVO. We have put off building a drag EVO for 3 years now. We bought our red car in March of 2003. All of us were just amazed at the handling and braking and couldn't imagine wanting to "ruin" the car.

I am as impressed with my brothers EVO (the original red EVO we bought) as I am with this new car. His car on stock Advans, stock brakes, no weight out of the car other than the front bumper support and the little we saved adding a fuel cell, ran 10.94 at 134. mph too. The car has ice cold A/C, quiet inside with all the sound deadener, handles and brakes like it did stock. He drives it to work and home everyday, car has never been on a trailer.

This EVO was built out of necessity more than desire. With other shops running so fast with their EVO's it was making what we are doing look bad, even though the cars can't really be compared as equals. That is the only reason we built this.

Now that the car is finished it is very cool. I am trying to sell our tube chassis DSM and our Conquest is probably already sold. This will be our only focus for a race car when those two are gone.

Ang yen wan,

NOT a GT40 turbo. This is just a GT35R, the kit is exactly the way we are going to sell it other than the dump tube for the wastegate will be relocated to clear A/C on kits we sell.

Yokomo,

Shootout is August 13th and 14th. Show and dyno at our shop on 13th and race on 14th.

Big Boost,

I have not driven the car, I can't compare it for you, sorry.

4whlpl,

Dyno is coming in Thursday morning at 10 am, tomorrow.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

please keep us all updateed on the progress of this car. i believe this is the first stroked 4g63 in an evo that we have read about in the 10's
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:23 AM

Getyup, results that don't cost $4500 (for welded steel tubing at that)! You should see what it runs with an intake manifold, TB and larger intercooler pipes. Then ditch that and go crazy; I don't know why everyone wants a race-car with full interior?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

any video of those passes?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

We did build a "race car" but not a full blown race car. There is a very good chance that we will end up running this car on the street more than track. My brother is thinking of selling his nice red car and buying this one. Not sure what we are going to do yet. I also wanted to build a race car that was a legitimate street legal car still (minus cat).

I am personally just turned off by a gutted messy looking car. For the extra weight we have to carry running a full interior, radio and some other components I don't think it would be worth dealing with a gutted race car to take them out.

IF the time comes, we aren't beyond gutting the hell out of it. Between the windows, interior etc. there is a good 200 pounds extra that could be pulled. Not that big of a deal to me.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

No videos, sorry. Just me and my brother and we don't own a video camera. I have to buy one soon.

Sorry,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice Job Dave. Now hurry up and chase down Al...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

good times david, and great story.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

Great story. Good job on building that car so quick.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Al's my buddy, he is the fastest without NOS though. Bad part about being Al is everyone who has an EVO is gunning for him. Like I told Al, when you are the fastest everyone wants to beat you, nobody guns for #6.

We'll run what we can when we feel like going to the track. The only good thing right now is at the boost we ran better times should just be a turn of the boost knob away

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Sneaky bastard! I thought something was strange when I saw the plates on the car. I didn't want to say anything though.

Nice job David!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's new EVO, runs a couple of 10's.