Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing mini batt & upper ic pipe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1023
ok so i will do this. i will get full 3" with jdm bov and fuel pump. and then when i get new turbo. i will get br front mount intercooler with upper pipe, and then that mini batt but at that time wont matter if i have stock air box becasue the turbo will want a 3" or 4" inlet so i can use br intake. hows that sound warrtalon. and then on top end of 5th the motor wont sound like i need more gas. and wont have to do that later one and i will get water injecons. too. with cams same time.
Yeah, that sounds ok, except I don't think it's a good idea for you to upgrade the turbo. Is 350-400whp not good enough? I fear for your credit and well-being if you go to this extreme level of modding. When you do the 3" TBE, MR DV, and fuel pump on the current setup, don't forget to get a boost gauge, MBC, and get tuned. You said you have a tuner, so I am guessing that was part of the plan anyway.

If you do go to a larger turbo, then yes...do the Buschur FMIC, IC piping, mini batter, and intake. Do alky injection and cams BEFORE the turbo upgrade, though, because your car will be fast as hell while still reliable and safe.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well yes. i know i seem kind of kiddie like online but im not bragin im a good driver. i just need to get use to the power. and this is my plan as of now. 3" full, jdm bov, fuel pump, cams, tune it up. and then after i save up get turbo kit. with intercooler and piping with some other stuff and injeters of cores. and in the middle of befor turbo kit thinking of water injector or somthing in that line. and i have as of now. utec, mbc, boost gague so im geting there. just looking for what is right and which brand and all. and i mean i want to test things just need to find somthing to do that.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

well yes. i know i seem kind of kiddie like online but im not bragin im a good driver. i just need to get use to the power. and this is my plan as of now. 3" full, jdm bov, fuel pump, cams, tune it up. and then after i save up get turbo kit. with intercooler and piping with some other stuff and injeters of cores. and in the middle of befor turbo kit thinking of water injector or somthing in that line. and i have as of now. utec, mbc, boost gague so im geting there. just looking for what is right and which brand and all. and i mean i want to test things just need to find somthing to do that.
Btw, it's mainly referred to as alcohol (alky) injection. You can use water, but methanol is best. You can also mix fluids however you prefer.

I like your list of mods now. You have the right plan, now just go get the parts wherever you prefer. You can't go wrong with Buschur. I have no vendor loyalties, so I just get whatever is cheapest without sacrificing quality (like Megan exhaust).
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o hehe i really like buschur stuff. looks good and shows good numbers. and i would like to support one place get every thing from one guy and what not. but hey so for the alky do you have any pics were the stuff gets mounted or install to. im lose on that one. becasue i now one kit it goes were the acd is and on 05 cant happen so there a kit for the trunk right. i show it in the buying fourm. its like 400$ and looks like mount in the trunk on the left open spot if im right. but there is no how to install i cant seem to find maybe i will look up alky now that i know that.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

o hehe i really like buschur stuff. looks good and shows good numbers. and i would like to support one place get every thing from one guy and what not. but hey so for the alky do you have any pics were the stuff gets mounted or install to. im lose on that one. becasue i now one kit it goes were the acd is and on 05 cant happen so there a kit for the trunk right. i show it in the buying fourm. its like 400$ and looks like mount in the trunk on the left open spot if im right. but there is no how to install i cant seem to find maybe i will look up alky now that i know that.
Talk to Scott at TTP Engineering. He uses it on his 05 MR.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt think I really NEEDED the upper IC pipe in my car but after trying to tighten clamps and take off the intake somewhat regularly to do boost tests.... the stock upper ic pipe/battery was just a nightmare in terms of romminess esp with the blow off valve location and hose.

Now I have the Nisei mini battery and Buschur's upper IC pipe. The pipe eliminated like a foot of piping if not more and made flow much more direct while giving me a ton more room to work in the engine bay, thanks to the Nisei MB. It also made getting the BOV hose on/off 10x easier. It also looks very aesthetically pleasing.