Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing mini batt & upper ic pipe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Racing mini batt & upper ic pipe

ok on there site they say you cant use stock air box. why is that other mini batt kits you still can have it in. anyone know of this probleml. like if you have the br batt can you still have stock air box. or is there somthing in the way or what. i would like to know. also for the br upper ic pipe. can you hook that to the stock intercooller. thanks this will help me a lot
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1023
ok on there site they say you cant use stock air box. why is that other mini batt kits you still can have it in. anyone know of this probleml. like if you have the br batt can you still have stock air box. or is there somthing in the way or what. i would like to know. also for the br upper ic pipe. can you hook that to the stock intercooller. thanks this will help me a lot
You don't need either of those parts, so the point is moot.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

why dont i need eather of those parts
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

why dont i need eather of those parts
Because they aren't needed for performance?

#1 - full exhaust
#2 - MBC w/gauge
#3 - stronger BOV
#4 - tune
#5 - cams (retune if flashed)
#6 - lower intercooler pipe (LICP)
#7 - alky kit and fuel pump (retune if flashed)

Do those parts in that order...the rest is just spending money to spend money.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Actually both parts do serve functions. Buschur designed their upper intercooler piping very well, but you have to buy a mini battery to use it. If you go the other way and just want a mini battery, theirs does not work with the stock air box. The only one that works with the stock intercooler piping OR aftermarket piping AND/OR with the stock airbox OR aftermarket intake is the GSC tray.

There is a group buy on them right now that is going through Monday if you're interested.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=151705

Last edited by tke_413; Aug 18, 2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are running the stock turbo and plan on staying pump boost (20-21)psi then you wouldn't need it really but it woudln't hurt and still give you more cooling over stock intercooler.

If you are thinking about Alcohol, high boost and more whp, close to 400whp then it would be more necessary.

Not to mention, an aftermarket intercooler like Buschur's actually gives more flow to the radiator because it sits lower than the stock one... so that's another point.

When I saw Buschur's data logs on their intercooler, i couldn't believe how much an intercooler can make a difference when it comes to cooling..
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by memo3
If you are running the stock turbo and plan on staying pump boost (20-21)psi then you wouldn't need it really but it woudln't hurt and still give you more cooling over stock intercooler.

If you are thinking about Alcohol, high boost and more whp, close to 400whp then it would be more necessary.

Not to mention, an aftermarket intercooler like Buschur's actually gives more flow to the radiator because it sits lower than the stock one... so that's another point.

When I saw Buschur's data logs on their intercooler, i couldn't believe how much an intercooler can make a difference when it comes to cooling..
Hey, memo, I don't think he was asking about the Buschur FMIC...just the piping and mini battery.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

well im building up to geting every thing done. and im going to a good way. im geting full exhust next month. with jdm bov, and was thinking of also geting br upper ic pipe and so i would need mini batt kit. and i want to keep stock air box. and does anyone know how big the br upper ic pipe. and the fuel pump i dont get why needed so much does the car really ask for more gas psi or is that was someone said when they were runing fast times. or it is for top end. becasue on top end can hear it say i need more gas psi. o and to top that off i have a tuner.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

I think you mis-read his original post. He's talking about the intercooler PIPING...not the intercooler itself. Good info though!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

well im looking and i would like to support br but i still want stock box. and with upper ic pipe no one knows or somthing but i em usumming i can hook the br upper ic pipe to the stock intercooler.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like the route you want to go would be...

Full exhaust
Walbro fuel pump (yes you'll need this and they're cheap)
BR upper i/c piping (if you can use it with the stock airbox)
GSC battery tray (so you can keep the stock airbox)
The rest is up to you...have fun with it!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ops, i guess mis read it.

Upper piping doesn't make a huge difference but I don't think it is a waste either. More straight upper piping should make it flow better so there goes the throttle response compared to stock.

But I would invest my money on a lower piping first which is actually dyno proven to give you hp.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

But I would invest my money on a lower piping first which is actually dyno proven to give you hp
Just get both!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

well im building up to geting every thing done. and im going to a good way. im geting full exhust next month. with jdm bov, and was thinking of also geting br upper ic pipe and so i would need mini batt kit. and i want to keep stock air box. and does anyone know how big the br upper ic pipe. and the fuel pump i dont get why needed so much does the car really ask for more gas psi or is that was someone said when they were runing fast times. or it is for top end. becasue on top end can hear it say i need more gas psi. o and to top that off i have a tuner.
Mike, you don't need the upper piping. It is not useful or needed until you upgrade the turbo. There's no reason to go through all this trouble for a mod you don't need...nor should you waste the money. Check the list above...that's all you need. A fuel pump is not necessary for you either, but it's a cheap and easy safety mod. I put one in so that I could manipulate my S-AFC _AND_ so that I could run 25psi on race gas safely.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

ok so i will do this. i will get full 3" with jdm bov and fuel pump. and then when i get new turbo. i will get br front mount intercooler with upper pipe, and then that mini batt but at that time wont matter if i have stock air box becasue the turbo will want a 3" or 4" inlet so i can use br intake. hows that sound warrtalon. and then on top end of 5th the motor wont sound like i need more gas. and wont have to do that later one and i will get water injecons. too. with cams same time.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing mini batt & upper ic pipe