Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another penzoil syncromesh review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2005, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Another penzoil syncromesh review

Hey guys, well i kept hearing so many good things about the fluid that i finally decided to go get it and try it out. Changed the fluid yesterday. WOW! What a difference!! Immediately when i went to drive the car, the shifting was so smooth like butter, gears go in so nice and i barely have to put them in.Before it was so notchy and hard. The more ive been driving the better it has even gotten. If anyone has problems with notchiness, i HIGHLY recomend it. I will be using this fluid from now on. One thing it didnt help which i thought it would, was occasional grinding or mishiftin past 7k from 1st to 2nd. It seems that the stock Evo trans sucks from 1st to 2nd bc i drove my friends brand new 05 and it did the same thing at 7200rpms
Old Aug 20, 2005, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea yea your still grinding your gears u still missing 2nd im just jokeing. dude like i told u shift before 7000 rpm from 1st to 2nd we did the test i was setting right next to u remeber man next time i come down u better bring your A game.

im just jokeing man hey thanks again for letting me stay over when i came down there i cant wait to post those pics man i dont think people are ready for it.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
yea yea your still grinding your gears u still missing 2nd im just jokeing. dude like i told u shift before 7000 rpm from 1st to 2nd we did the test i was setting right next to u remeber man next time i come down u better bring your A game.

im just jokeing man hey thanks again for letting me stay over when i came down there i cant wait to post those pics man i dont think people are ready for it.
Yea yea! Ill be ready Will you?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to do a review and noticed that there were tons...so I will just add to this...... I just did my first Transaxle Change and used Pennzoil Synchromesh and BOY what a difference...... So what everyone who used this was not lying. This stuff really works.... I don’t Grind anymore, I don’t suffer from Chattering anymore and I don’t mis shift into 3rd or 4th anymore cuz of grinding... I LOVE IT, it feels like my tranny when I First got the car.....THIS is A MUST from now on for me....thanks for all the reviews it totally worked out..