Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TRE Tranny and WORKS upgrades..First Impression!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2005, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, to be honest I cant say, since my tranny always had the 5th gear grind even after getting it back from Mitsu. The CK2 is smoother than the ACT, dont get me wrong the ACT is a good clutch for the price, but the CK2 has a very soft pedal feel and it engages nice at any rpm.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 07:56 AM

Who makes the CK2 for Works?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 09:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably Clutchmasters... they look and appear to drive the same (less a little paint).
Old Aug 28, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I dont know who make the clutch for them, maybe they can chine in as well. The CK2 has a carbon/kevlar disc material which is supposed to withstand a lot of launching which is why I got it. Anyways its a very nice feeling clutch.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

If anyone had TSB issues on there car please take a couple of minutes to check out this link, do the pol land send in a complaint

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=156157

thanks guys!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

I have 1K miles on the everything now and launched it from about 5K the other day...HOLY COW!!! I used to chirp the tires a bit and then take off, but this time it seemed/sounded like all 4 tires spun, I couldnt believe how bad I lost traction. The car pulls so much harder from a launch now, I wonder what kind of times I could run with my mods. I know before this stuff I was beating cars that run high 12's. I am very pleased with the upgrades, with the stock tranny it seemed like I was always missing/grinding 2nd, so far it goes in smooth in every gear I would have to say the WORKS 269 cams kick a$$ IMO, I love the smooth powerband, the car feels like a V8 with the extra TQ.