Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking for Megan exhaust sound clip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F&I-EVO
clip needed

We have our exhaust ready to ship better and less expensive than megan

Sound Clip

Thanks
Chris
Old Aug 25, 2005, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mikey52
I may be able to do this this weekend, Ill throw it up int his thread if I do.
That would be nice!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

I found a few clips of my car and uploaded them. This would give you a good idea of what the exhaust sounds like under load. I can get a few of the car idling and revving if anyone wants.

On the street

On the dyno

It's a little on the loud side and tends to be a bit boomy on the highway in my opinion. Frankly, I think it's difficult to make the Evo exhaust note sound "good". Pissed off, yes. Good, no.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

I found a few clips of my car and uploaded them. This would give you a good idea of what the exhaust sounds like under load. I can get a few of the car idling and revving if anyone wants.

On the street

On the dyno

It's a little on the loud side and tends to be a bit boomy on the highway in my opinion. Frankly, I think it's difficult to make the Evo exhaust note sound "good". Pissed off, yes. Good, no.
Thanks Mikey, if you have more why not add them. It don't sound that loud at all. I like!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:09 PM

Is it me or does the exhaust on the dyno video look like its sticking out about 2 feet past the bumper?
Old Aug 25, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nvalenti20
Is it me or does the exhaust on the dyno video look like its sticking out about 2 feet past the bumper?
Haha, that's what those guys used to get their AFR's. It was this big *** piece of rubber tubing with the sensor in it.

Those were all the videos I currently have, I was saying I could get more of the idling and revving variety if anyone wanted.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:48 PM
byt
Evolving Member

Thanks for the clips. The more the better I assume these were both w/o silencer?
Old Aug 26, 2005, 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by byt
Thanks for the clips. The more the better I assume these were both w/o silencer?
Yeah, I can throw it on and take a few clips.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 07:40 AM
byt
Evolving Member

Yeah, I can throw it on and take a few clips.

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Addicted4Life
Thanks! I'm sure there are a lot of people out there looking for the same thing.
"rrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRR.......crack,crap,crack.damn megan" just doesn't quite cut it. Sounds more like a bad **** than exhaust.
You obviously haven't actually heard a Megan exhaust. I have listened to several different exhaust systems on Evo's and the Megan is one of the better sounding exhausts out there. Has NO drone what so ever, build quality is great, sound quality is great, price is great. Great system.

Last edited by AustinEVO; Aug 26, 2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 09:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...and just like advice on the "internet", the sound in person... standing by it/riding in the car is a different experience altogether. I'd be willing to bet most are not listening to these clips on Harmon Carmen/Infinity (sp?) surround either if you know what I mean. That's one of the reasons I've never wasted the time trying to produce sound clips of this exhaust. All you get is the mid-high range of sound that doesn't do this system justice at all. To me it sounds like *** on the laptop. In person, I like the low tones at idle and cruise... and the wail at full song! However, that cop that pulled me over about 15mins ago didn't seem to mind the sound as much as he did my speed
Old Aug 26, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
...and just like advice on the "internet", the sound in person... standing by it/riding in the car is a different experience altogether. I'd be willing to bet most are not listening to these clips on Harmon Carmen/Infinity (sp?) surround either if you know what I mean. That's one of the reasons I've never wasted the time trying to produce sound clips of this exhaust. All you get is the mid-high range of sound that doesn't do this system justice at all. To me it sounds like *** on the laptop. In person, I like the low tones at idle and cruise... and the wail at full song! However, that cop that pulled me over about 15mins ago didn't seem to mind the sound as much as he did my speed
Hey, Im just giving the people what they want.

I do agree it will always sound different in person. My friends camera has a decent mic but it's a still camera first, video camera second.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 02:15 PM

On the street

On the dyno

It's a little on the loud side and tends to be a bit boomy on the highway in my opinion. Frankly, I think it's difficult to make the Evo exhaust note sound "good".
Pissed off, yes. Good, no.
Thanks! Sounds good. That's going to be my next mod for sure.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

it sounds like a decent exhaust for the price
Old Aug 26, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

it is pretty loud IMO, but a good sounding exhaust especially as a turboback, my buddy has it

Quick Reply: Looking for Megan exhaust sound clip