Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

cam: gsc vs hks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005 | 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gofaster87
I would like GSC to actually give an answer as to why their cams put out more power. Instead of buying these because other say to, it would be nice to know a little more.
this is kind of an interesting question. If your looking for actual design numbers that are different than HKS, BC, Skunk2, comp, or any others then your not going to get that from us, their are too many different cam companies out there right now for us to open the folder to the world wide web sorry. You shouldn't be worried about why and just look at the dyno's and see that we DO make more power. If your the consumer you need to worry about the end result ie all the dyno numbers out there not the process that we went through to make that a reality.
Old Aug 24, 2005 | 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
did you not pick up any power from your hks cams then? cuz otherwise that sounds like 60hp from cams....
I certainly picked up power from HKS cams. How much I don't know. I hit something like 325 (from 308 with no cams) when I went to HKS from stock on a Mustang Dyno but I added a few other mods at the same time. When I went to GSC I changed only the cams and retuned for them from the HKS flash and hit 352 on the same dyno. I'm not saying weather or whatever other variable didn't play a part, but I put the GSCs in during a hotter month than the HKS. You'd have to look up my posts to see which months as they have left my mind by now.
Old Sep 7, 2005 | 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GregGSC
this is kind of an interesting question. If your looking for actual design numbers that are different than HKS, BC, Skunk2, comp, or any others then your not going to get that from us, their are too many different cam companies out there right now for us to open the folder to the world wide web sorry. You shouldn't be worried about why and just look at the dyno's and see that we DO make more power. If your the consumer you need to worry about the end result ie all the dyno numbers out there not the process that we went through to make that a reality.
Im not an average consumer and I care about much more then the end results because I am more involved than just driving the car.

Last edited by gofaster87; Sep 7, 2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2005 | 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gofaster87
Im not an average consumer and I care about much more then the end results because I am more involved than just driving the car.
What would you like to know?
Old Sep 7, 2005 | 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Appearantly the GSCs are pretty popular. I ordered a set of 272in/264ex for my 2005 Evo about 3 weeks ago from Logic Performance, and I'm still waiting. I have an appointment this Saturday for my first custom Dynoflash at TopSpeed in Atlanta this Saturday, and I really expected to have those cams in for the tune.

I'll let you guys know what I think of them once they're in.
Old Sep 7, 2005 | 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Ok here is my story about GSC cams.

Before I moved out here to Phoenix I ran into some extra cash that was burning a hole through my pocket...so I got some GSC 264/264 cams. Went down to MZM in Austin TX, who is known for tuning Apexi Power FCs pretty well. These guys are a class act, and truly care about their customer's cars (which is MORE than MOST shops out there, trust me). In fact they care so much, they almost didn't install my "GSC Cams" in favor of "Proven" HKS Cams. But the fact that I drove 7 hours to Austin, and was basically at their doorstep, they decided to anyway. By the end of the weekend after some tuning, they couldn't believe how much power I was making from the setup. On a mustang Dyno they were seeing 255 to 260 awhp from cams and a few bolt ons like my car. I turned out a 277 in the end. Take that for what its worth.

After it was all said and done, they were highly impressed with the cams, and the car in general . Too bad I sold it for a 2005

I did post my cams up for sale in the "for sale" section of EvoM, but to be honest, I might just keep them and put them in my 2005.

(And Cody, you know you are a closet ricer...just admit it!)
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 02:23 PM

whats the lope (if any) like on the gsc S2 cams?
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 03:08 PM

ive heard that gsc is great.. i talked to some folks at ams and they stand by them... so gsc..
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Almost 5 yr old thread.
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 06:11 PM

wow......thanks for bumping a 5 year old thread.....
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 06:21 PM

cams are pretty lopey......i had some comp 280's and i thought they were gnarly, are there more agressive ones, sure. but i took a friends advise and did the swap, boy am i glad, cus i made some power
Old Mar 22, 2010 | 11:13 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by jmk508
wow......thanks for bumping a 5 year old thread.....
says the guy with 10 posts LOL
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 12:01 AM

The first guy that called you out has been on here for 4 years longer than you, noob.

Last edited by Evownz; Mar 23, 2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2010 | 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

holy thread ressurection batman. LOL. GSC has changed their cam up some in the last few years (for the better)....do a search
Old Mar 30, 2010 | 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

robert, you will catch hell for bumping stuff like this from the search ****'s.

the s2's are a bit "lopey", but they are some of the best cams out there. definitely better than HKS. there really are a lot of Cam VS Cam tests out there.

i wanna say buschur or AMS did back to back to back to back test with various cams

i would search for that as there was a lot of good information in the thread. what is in the car you have now?

Quick Reply: cam: gsc vs hks