Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

cam: gsc vs hks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when the search ***** have owned multiple 4-digit horsepower cars and 7 second street bikes then i might care what they think. till then

When you gonna be home Joesph?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will be back around the end of july/beginning of august. shoot Greg a PM, you might have met/talked to him before. he and marshall are pretty good friends
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I think bumping this old thread was interesting. Ive never read this one and in the last year have done a LOT of research on GSC and their cams. Take a look at this thread --> GSC S1 vs S2 vs 272

I decided on GSC back in 2006 i want to say just because i heard GREAT things about their new S series cams and the s1 cams were making great power on practically stock evos. TBE MBC Tune and cams for example. Pretty much what I have.

The S2's are lopey and I love it! Im sure you can tune the lope out quite a bit if you really dont like that. Im really happy with them and the cams themselves looked great.

Ive never had a different set of cams in my evo so I cant tell you that they are better then someone else but I can tell you the consensus that I found on the boards is that the HKS combos are generally not as affective as the GSC combos. GSC now offers the "S3" wich is a custom grind and you can get 280's etc.

If you do decide to go GSC get the S series cams and forget the older 272's or 272/264 combos they are just obsolete now compared to the S series design. The S series has also been redisigned more recently in the last couple of years so be sure that your set is the most current if buying used. Or just buy new straight from GSC or Maperformance or any other vendor for that matter. Try contacting Corey at Maperformance he was great with me and beat any price I could find making him the cheapest to buy from. The cams were drop shipped from GSC as well so I knew they were legit!

Dont forget upgraded springs on the high lift cams!

-Ethan