Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best bolt on gt30 kit ATP vs Vishnu vs Buschur

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats what i like to see , i am a future atp kit owner. love atp stuff, always have. not badmouthing the other kits at all but i really do not want to spend more then 2500.
Originally Posted by mobounce
I hit a little under 440whp w/ my atp gt3071r (92 octane, meth injection @ 25psi), spool is 300rpms later than stock for me. I've had my atp kit on for almost 2 yrs and 20k miles...and I still have yet to squeeze out more hp from it...its not even maxed yet Sorry, but noone can argue with me about my HP numbers from a FULL kit that was less than 2500 bucks.

I'm happy.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Aah, you're still running 272s ... my car with the 3071 and 272s spooled about 100rpms sooner than the final tune on the 280s. In my case, with the 280s, the cam gear settings did not make a big difference for topend power. I think the better topend on my car is due to a combination of the 280s and the slightly higher octane fuel.

I did not dyno with higher Octane fuels.

mobounce: I'm glad the ATP kit works for you, but as they say "one man's happiness is another's worst nightmare" (read: dyno chart would be nice)

l8r)

Last edited by Ludikraut; Aug 30, 2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:01 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by statictwat
Go figure, seems your GUESSESS are a bit off
Oh I am sorry sweetheart? Did I upset you? Every Turbo Trixx Turbo kit/RNR 50 Trim Kit/AMS GT30R Kit has made at least 420WHP, hmmmmm I GUESS you should wonder why the ATP does not?

Originally Posted by statictwat
But where all probably wrong here, after all Supernot has been tuning these cars/turbos since the early 90's and what he says is fact.

I am not saying I am the smartest, just smarter then your flaming ***

Again I have seen these kits break 11’s with ease and in fact hit 122+MPH on pump gas, quite easily I might add, just because YOU haven’t seen this, doesn’t mean it’s not true, it just means your ignorant….Ok sweetheart?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Supernaut
Oh I am sorry sweetheart? Did I upset you? Every Turbo Trixx Turbo kit/RNR 50 Trim Kit/AMS GT30R Kit has made at least 420WHP, hmmmmm I GUESS you should wonder why the ATP does not?

I am not saying I am the smartest, just smarter then your flaming ***

Again I have seen these kits break 11’s with ease and in fact hit 122+MPH on pump gas, quite easily I might add, just because YOU haven’t seen this, doesn’t mean it’s not true, it just means your ignorant….Ok sweetheart?
Are you Umiami80? Might I suggest just ignoring the comments that you don't like.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mobounce
I hit a little under 440whp w/ my atp gt3071r (92 octane, meth injection @ 25psi), spool is 300rpms later than stock for me. I've had my atp kit on for almost 2 yrs and 20k miles...and I still have yet to squeeze out more hp from it...its not even maxed yet Sorry, but noone can argue with me about my HP numbers from a FULL kit that was less than 2500 bucks.

I'm happy.

wow see im waiting to get a ATP 3071 kit from them. I still trying to decide on what i want to do. I was thinking about doing it and keeping it for a while till i have more money and update EVERYTHING.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:34 AM
Account Disabled

Are you Umiami80? Might I suggest just ignoring the comments that you don't like
?????

Naw I am a newbue, eitherway I am sorry and I'll ignor thise coments
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I use to be pissed at guys that complained about our dyno numbers being too high. Now that I have a low reading dyno I am pissed at all the TOO high numbers! haha

At any rate. I am on the dyno right now with our GT3071 kit on an EVO. The car has a fairly small FMIC on it and a 3" exhaust with a 2' resonator and 2' long muffler. I am quite sure the power is being held back quite a bit from these two parts. Going to do some testing today on switching them out.

The car is being tuned on straight 93 octane (not our normal 94 premo fuel). I am running the car at 22 psi of boost. On our dyno it just made 324 whp. The torque line is what impresses me the most as it is FLAT to redline, very very odd to see a torque curve like this.

With this much power this turbo right now should be good for 11's at 117 mph on pump gas. I'd like to see what it will do on some 118 but that isn't what the customer wants.

The spool up is VERY nice. 20 psi by 4,000 rpm. VERY nice. Peak torque is hitting under 4,000 rpm and is staying relatively flat to 7500.

Pics and dyno charts to come. This dyno is at the least 10% lower than the AWD Dynojet up the street. We have dyno'd a couple now and it seems to be about 10% on average.

Do what you want with the numbers. My RS on race gas and more/better parts than this particular car made 340 and ran 120 mph trap speeds.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

now we are talking, when u figure out a price on this kit please let me know. i feel like u are competing with the atp kit directly so keep that in mind when u come up with a price.
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I use to be pissed at guys that complained about our dyno numbers being too high. Now that I have a low reading dyno I am pissed at all the TOO high numbers! haha

At any rate. I am on the dyno right now with our GT3071 kit on an EVO. The car has a fairly small FMIC on it and a 3" exhaust with a 2' resonator and 2' long muffler. I am quite sure the power is being held back quite a bit from these two parts. Going to do some testing today on switching them out.

The car is being tuned on straight 93 octane (not our normal 94 premo fuel). I am running the car at 22 psi of boost. On our dyno it just made 324 whp. The torque line is what impresses me the most as it is FLAT to redline, very very odd to see a torque curve like this.

With this much power this turbo right now should be good for 11's at 117 mph on pump gas. I'd like to see what it will do on some 118 but that isn't what the customer wants.

The spool up is VERY nice. 20 psi by 4,000 rpm. VERY nice. Peak torque is hitting under 4,000 rpm and is staying relatively flat to 7500.

Pics and dyno charts to come. This dyno is at the least 10% lower than the AWD Dynojet up the street. We have dyno'd a couple now and it seems to be about 10% on average.

Do what you want with the numbers. My RS on race gas and more/better parts than this particular car made 340 and ran 120 mph trap speeds.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
David,

I've got an extra ATP dp. Will it bolt up to your hotside?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

wow that manifold is really nice. can i can that manifold on a exchange program basic?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know anything about ATP's kits, what they use for a manifold, what it comes with or anything else. To be honest ATP isn't someone I am even looking at when it comes to the EVO turbo kit market.

Our kit comes complete with the GT30/GT35r, the cast ceramic coated manifold shown, turbine housing has the integrated port for the Tial 44 mm external gate, SS 02 housing, oil feed and return lines. The turbos are water cooled.

The wastegate, wastegate tube, dump tube and 02 housing are all held together with v-band clamps and v bands for the seal. This isn't some cheap half assed put together kit, this is what I wish we had started building in the first place other than progressing to it at this point in time. That's what you call development though.

Our hotside has a fabricated 02 housing on it that uses a flat flange on the bottom just like our downpipe use on the top. The kit that is pictured above used someone else's downpipe, not sure who built it, I am guessing Meagan or Helix, whoever's it was it was a CNC'd flange like the factory for the donut gasket. We bolted it flat to our flange and there are no leaks at all.

As one other quick thing to add. The FMIC that is on the car is a Greddy, the intake temps are picking up close to 15 degrees on a 3,000-7,500 rpm pull, this is extremely high and isn't doing the HP any good. This is also at only 22 psi of boost, so the intercooler isn't being worked that hard although from the tempurature rise you wouldn't know it.

Stand by for a dyno chart of this car. It's done, just need to road test it.
The GT35R kit has already gone 10.3 at 141 on our car and we aren't even close to being where the car will run with the kit.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the dyno chart from our dyno. 22 psi, GT3071 kit. Staight 93 octane, no alky, no race gas, no cheating. Car has a small Greddy FMIC on it, mildly ported head, 3" exhaust with one resonator and large muffler.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, the dotted lines around the main lines are our nice new printer that works like crap. Just ignore them.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does this 3071 car have the AEM on it? What are his other mods. Is your RS stroked? I too would love to see race fuel numbers from this turbo.

Quick Reply: Best bolt on gt30 kit ATP vs Vishnu vs Buschur