Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS 3071 kit finally tuned ... link to info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice # !!!!!!!
Old Sep 12, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostedHellride
I would REALLY like to see 400+WHP on a Dynojet with those mods, you can do it with those mods.
In that case, get your own Evo, and show us how it's done.

Evo Ate,

yeah my car is a freakin' beast now as well. With the stock tires, my car has always wanted to pull off-center, but now when I go WOT in 2nd gear, it is a battle to keep it pointed forward if the street isn't perfectly level. And opening it up on back roads is now to the point where I can rarely go 100% anymore ... the car is just too quick with the 3071 to be safe on public roads like that...

l8r)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

No worries, man. The built engine only exists to help me reach a 9000rpm redline, because I want the ability to keep the car in a given gear longer, which helps to eliminate shifting in short straights on a road course. I'm sure that with a bigger turbo and race gas, I could get some fantastic numbers, and maybe next year I will take that next step. Right now, however, the car is more than enough for me to handle on a road course. So for the near future I will be concentrating on learning how to keep it in check.

I don't 1/4 mile my car ... especially not these days. A hard launch with the 3071 would eat my stock clutch alive. There are a few pics of the new setup in my work-in-progress... thread (last two pages). I will post more as I finish fabbing the intake box.

l8r)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

hes right, a Dyno jet can read up to 15% higher than other dyno's which means your tune is VERY safe. im thinking 420whp can be achieved without a problem
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

i just cant believe that you still have a stock clutch in the car. thats awesome, but i would be concerned about a replacement for ur setup too. dont even think about a ACT with all the lock-out problems theyve been known to have.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

C'mon ppl, give it a rest. The car in its current state (XEDE) is tuned to the max. Any more timing, and the ECU pulls it right back out - and then some. Any more boost, and the ECU pulls timing.

Not sure why some of you are griping about the torque number - a 3071 does not produce the same large torque hump that the stock turbo does, but a 3071 keeps torque at its peak longer before tapering off. That's one of the reasons the peak torque seems low in relation to the peak HP number. I'm not interested in a big peak torque number, only to have the turbo fall flat on its face in the upper rpms ... already had that with the stock turbo. The whole buildup of my Evo has been geared towards upper rpm power, which will come at the expense of some spoolup and low-end torque. Future mods may even accentuate that trend further, if I can figure out how to squeeze more power out of the setup past 8000rpms.

l8r)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

NOLIMIT, you mention methanol injection, but can you use methanol injection on road racing? It seems he will be racing this car or did I read this wrong?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, I road race the car (no drag racing). NOLIMIT is comparing grape juice to wine...

l8r)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Ludikraut im not trying to offend you but my friend with a WR turbo and his Utec could hit those #'s no prob. how many degrees of timming are you pushing at 3500 and at 7500?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

(sigh) ... does it ever end?

I'm not offended at ppl suggesting that other ppl could make more power on other setups.

However it would be nice if some of you would read what I post. To re-iterate once again ... the timing on my current tune is as aggressive as it can be. If any more timing is added, the ECU will retard it right back into the stone age. I could dial the boost down a few psi and add more timing, which, judging from prior runs, might give me a few more ft-lbs of torque on initial spool, but not really enough to justify the cost of another tuning session. The info in the thread I linked to on page 1 sheds more light on this. The current timing offset for 3500rpms is maybe -.5, IIRC. Might be slightly different from that, I don't have my maps handy.

l8r)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
Do you honestly have to add your dyno results to every thread that mentions numbers?
umm yes I do. When i'm comparing others cars to my own. Especially when I'm in the market for a turbo upgrade and considering my options. I'm not flaunting the number, i actually wanted alot more tq, but thats what i made so thats how it is. I like to compare my car to others to see what they are making.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mike 99gsx
Unfortunately, yes he does
ummmmmm, no. I see others posting with they 1/8 mile times, trap speeds, etc... whats the difference??? Other then you guys have nothing better to do then bother me and this thread with meaningless posts???
Old Sep 12, 2005, 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
NOLIMIT, you mention methanol injection, but can you use methanol injection on road racing? It seems he will be racing this car or did I read this wrong?
yea, as far as i know u can??? unless its against the rules?? i know methanol injection isnt classified as a power adder so i dont think it matters
Old Sep 12, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
umm yes I do. When i'm comparing others cars to my own. Especially when I'm in the market for a turbo upgrade and considering my options. I'm not flaunting the number, i actually wanted alot more tq, but thats what i made so thats how it is. I like to compare my car to others to see what they are making.

Your numbers mean nothing when compared to his setup, for Christ's sake your not even running the same turbo. Not flaunting your numbers? Give me a break, I cant even remember how many times ive seen you post them on the board. Maybe thats why you have the rep that you do on the board as a joke. Just something to think about.

Last edited by fsugatorbait; Sep 12, 2005 at 03:41 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
ummmmmm, no. I see others posting with they 1/8 mile times, trap speeds, etc... whats the difference??? Other then you guys have nothing better to do then bother me and this thread with meaningless posts???

The author not responding to your numerous posts says something. I believe your the one who is offering the meaningless posts.

Quick Reply: AMS 3071 kit finally tuned ... link to info