Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS 3071 kit finally tuned ... link to info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
The author not responding to your numerous posts says something. I believe your the one who is offering the meaningless posts.
wtf are you talking about not responding to my posts??? the guy did and compared. we were dyno'd on the same type of dyno and the fact we have different turbos is exactly my point. I also wasnt aware i'm not as a joke on evoM. No one has ever told me that, that could be in your own world. Maybe you and a few other pm each other talkin sh*t about me and if you do thats cool too. I hope you enjoy it. I post the most in the turbo/drivetrain forum and i'm interested in upgrading very soon, probably to one of the popular turbo's, IE: 3071, 3076, 35r, etc... SO i like to post and compare my car to others. I also like to ask people if they think their numbers, trap speeds, etc... are what they expected or if they should be higher/lower. Why dont you stop picking apart every post of mine, its like your stalking me around this forum, noting what and where I post in every thread. I just got my car dynod a month ago and yes I may have posted what it made 2-4 times in a few different threads. When it comes to methanol injection its still kind of new in the evo community and I get Pm's every day from people asking me what i made, how the car is, how the meth kit is etc... I post what i made so people can see what meth and cams on a reflash does on pump gas. YOU GIVE ME A HARD TIME, BUT SAY NOTHING ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEIR DYNO NUMBERS IN THEIR SIGS. BASICALLY EVERY SINGLE POST THEY ARE POSTING WHAT THEY MADE, BUT I POST IT 3-4 TIMES AND YOU JUMP ON MY BACK??? SERIOUSLY DUDE LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M NOT ARGUING WITH YOU ANYMORE ABOUT THIS IN A THREAD, OR AT ALL FOR THAT MATTER. IF YOU WANT PM ME AND WE CAN ARGUE THAT WAY OR JUST STOP RESPONDING TO ME. I CANT AFFORD TO ARGUE WITH YOU AND LOSE POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS OVER IT ANYMORE.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
yea, as far as i know u can??? unless its against the rules?? i know methanol injection isnt classified as a power adder so i dont think it matters
Any kind of sanctioning rules wouldn't matter, since for now I am just circuit racing for fun. However, in my case I do not consider meth/water/alky/whatever injection to be an option, since:
- I'd need a helluva reserve to last a long session
- I don't trust the alky systems
- I run racegas at the track

and yes, even with racegas, I still run the 93 Octane tune. I've poured a lot of $$$ into my car, so keeping my engine in one piece is fairly important to me, and when you're beating the **** out of your car for 20-40 minutes at a time, I'll take all the safety margin I can get (while still having a blast ).

l8r)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOLIMIT, if you're really interested in figuring out what to expect from different combinations, you can't just throw your numbers around and try to compare them to other setups.

For example, comparing your setup to mine - there are way too many variables to make an effective comparison. The Octane tuned at (93 vs meth), the dyno (TT vs AMS), engine build (stock vs. built block), etc, etc. Furthermore, you shouldn't use peak numbers to compare, what you really need to do is to compare the torque curves of various setups. If you look at the comparison charts I posted of how my current setup stacks up to my previous setups, then that should give you an idea of what the AMS 3071 kit is capable of. If you can get your hands on your dyno runfile from TT, I'd be more than happy to overlay it over my dyno run(s) - although, for comparison's sake, you'd want a straight 93 octane pull, not meth.

l8r)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 08:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostedHellride
Honestly this is why I suggest you run a 1/4 mile time. Dont launch if you are scared, just get a nice roll out and then WOT 1-4th gear shifting at 8000 and lets see what your trap speed is. That will let us know what power you make
I agree, i'd love to see some traps, traps dont lie, and they are always consistent with power.