Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

installed my XSPower intercooler this week

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean the AMS Style LICP pipe?

I could not find those seperatly listed on Ebay.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
+1 Thread Bumped back from the dead, lets go people.

Also anyone know where to get the AMS Style and LICP for a IX?
IC and LICP - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EVO-V...85409217QQrdZ1

LICP only - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EVO-V...85274741QQrdZ1

i paid $180 shipped for the IC, LICP and UICP a while back.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoAnthony
I had an XS Power intercooler on my 507 horse SRT-4. My old SRT-4 was the fastest stock motor/bottom end car in the nation. Does that say something? Also stock intercooler intake temps were datalogged at 92-95* in boost on a 70 degree day. The intercooler was installed and on a similair day the intake temps were datalogged at 72-75* at WOT.

Ummm I think they work fine and I will purchase one for my Evo soon enough.

This is the type of proof that this thread needs.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Peace of mind? What piece of mind?

Who is to say that you wouldn't have less chance of problem with XS over "brand X". Why is this XS Power FMIC such a mystery?

If this has never happended, then why are we even talking about sucking in cooling fins.

The subject is ridiculous.

Its just like ARP studs. I sell them, I use them. Has anyone ever stretched the stock bolts? No.

People are strange.
i'm absolutely astounded that you folks are so stupid. look at the damn pictures. LOOK AT THE ****STICKING PICTURES

both turboxs AND garrett, EVEN spearco cores (and i don't know WHY ****in' idiots say those intercoolers are good...) have MUCH WORSE BRAZING THAN THIS CHINESE TAIWANESE FOREIGN MADE CORES. SUCK IT.

just look at the pics. then look inside a turboxs core and you'll see an accordian with ROUNDED contacts and INCONSISTENT brazing seals to the fins. same with spearco, same with garrett. in fact garrett's brazing is so made in mexico bad, that buschur's own cores have been delivered leaking at the plates.

so please spare me the stupidity. it's obvious just from pictures that those fins are more precision made. they look like arc intercooler fins. each one square as a T and flatly brazed.

Last edited by trinydex; Feb 1, 2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

i believe the mystery is of the intercooler fins breaking off and entering the engine ..
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
i'm absolutely astounded that you folks are so stupid. look at the damn pictures. LOOK AT THE ****STICKING PICTURES

both turboxs AND garrett, EVEN spearco cores (and i don't know WHY ****in' idiots say those intercoolers are good...) have MUCH WORSE BRAZING THAN THIS CHINESE TAIWANESE FOREIGN MADE CORES. SUCK IT.

just look at the pics. then look inside a turboxs core and you'll see an accordian with ROUNDED contacts and INCONSISTENT brazing seals to the fins. same with spearco, same with garrett. in fact garrett's brazing is so made in mexico bad, that buschur's own cores have been delivered leaking at the plates.

so please spare me the stupidity. it's obvious just from pictures that those fins are more precision made. they look like arc intercooler fins. each one square as a T and flatly brazed.

And I rest my case....these intercoolers are fine to use. I used one of these cores on my SRT with great results! Oh and the SRT made 507whp so suck it all!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

How is a fin going to get sucked in to the intake tract and the motor? Please explain to me how a fin, which is located on the outside of the plate section, going to magically get inside of the plate?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

so are you using it on your evo, and also did you compare the one on your evo to agp?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by whitersevo
i believe the mystery is of the intercooler fins breaking off and entering the engine ..
then riddle me this... which one has more surface area contact betwen the fin and the plate. ams or ebay cheap ****?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KartaRailed
How is a fin going to get sucked in to the intake tract and the motor? Please explain to me how a fin, which is located on the outside of the plate section, going to magically get inside of the plate?
Have you ever looked inside an intercooler? There are fins on the outside and also on the inside of the plates.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex

I am so confused right now, is this an argument FOR or AGAINST the eBay cores? I have no idea? Are you bashing the GARRETT cores and saying that the AMS FMIC's are just the same as the eBay XS Turbo cheapo deal?

I would love to know, seriously.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

hmm still no prooof
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

My EBAY Intercooler is working just fine. I have lower EGT's than with the stock IC. Best $153 shipped I have spent on the car.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
bump.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
I am so confused right now, is this an argument FOR or AGAINST the eBay cores? I have no idea? Are you bashing the GARRETT cores and saying that the AMS FMIC's are just the same as the eBay XS Turbo cheapo deal?

I would love to know, seriously.
Its a post for e-bay cores. Look at post 140 (page 10). The xs power core has better turbulator to plate contact than the AMS core. The turbulators collect the heat. Then they transfer that heat to the plates. The plates then again transfer the heat to the external fins where the heat is expelled to the outside air. Its a visual observation but not proof that one works better than the other.

Edit: studying the pics more. AMS core does have a denser fin structure. 38 fins in a row. The XSP has 30 fins per row. And the rows ofthe XSP are wider. There are blocks on the ends of AMS core making the row not as long. This means the AMS fin count per inch is a good bit higher. This will never be solved until someone test both cores back to back on high HP car.

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Feb 9, 2007 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: installed my XSPower intercooler this week