Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full race turbo kit...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2005, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you recommend 3037 or the gt35 for trackdays?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:58 PM

Is there an option to route the watse gate back into the down pipe? From the pictures it looks like a dump tube. For any owners of a Full Race kit is there room for an upgraded radiator, looks to sit close to the stock one.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

alright guys, I ordered the exedy twin disk. Should be here by Monday Sept 19th.....
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by t_double
Is there an option to route the watse gate back into the down pipe? From the pictures it looks like a dump tube. For any owners of a Full Race kit is there room for an upgraded radiator, looks to sit close to the stock one.

If you find the answer to this, please pm me and let me know. Also I have an intercooler, when I purchase my Full Race turbo kit, if anyone wants my XS-Engineering I/C of if the full race kit is for sale, let me know...
Old Sep 15, 2005, 03:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by wilson1
Does your mani allows a faster spoolrate with the 3037/gt35 comparing with other brands of mani?
our manifold will not allow for a faster spool, but it will allow for MUCH more midrange and top end power.

We can make the power with a gt3037 that most are used to seeing with a gt35R. As a result you can make up the spool in the smaller turbo, without sacrificing the top end that a small turbo would normlaly not have.

Originally Posted by wilson1
would you recommend 3037 or the gt35 for trackdays?
i think i would actually recommend a 3071R. I think the gt35R is an excellent highway/mild drag race turbo, and the 3037 is slightly more responsive. The 3071 will be even more responsive but will not make quite as much power as the 3037. For those looking for even more power, we are now making a gt3567R which is capable of about 720 whp, while spooling identically to the gt35R

sorry i didnt respond sooner, i dont get on here too often
Old Sep 15, 2005, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

we no longer offer this option. We have tested on cars and the VE falls off so dramatically with the wastegate recirculated, that we only vent to atmosphere. The backpressure rises so much so fast that VE simply cant keep up.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
I dont see any Evo kits in the links you provided.
E-mail them
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

i think i would actually recommend a 3071R. I think the gt35R is an excellent highway/mild drag race turbo, and the 3037 is slightly more responsive. The 3071 will be even more responsive but will not make quite as much power as the 3037. For those looking for even more power, we are now making a gt3567R which is capable of about 720 whp, while spooling identically to the gt35R

sorry i didnt respond sooner, i dont get on here too often[/QUOTE]

Geoff, definetly want to get some more info on that gt3567R! Availability, Price?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 05:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 2SloEvo
Geoff, definetly want to get some more info on that gt3567R! Availability, Price?
ill get some more info up next week. thanks for your patience
Old Sep 15, 2005, 05:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
we no longer offer this option. We have tested on cars and the VE falls off so dramatically with the wastegate recirculated, that we only vent to atmosphere. The backpressure rises so much so fast that VE simply cant keep up.
That's a shame... it kicks the daily driver community in the *** with the "Fast and the Furious" crack down happening across the country. One would think that plumbing it in further down stream would have somewhat less of an impact on back pressure at the turbine...
Old Sep 15, 2005, 06:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Zeus
That's a shame... it kicks the daily driver community in the *** with the "Fast and the Furious" crack down happening across the country....
what "Fast and the Furious" crack down are you talking about??

I would have to disagree... the wastegate is only open under high boost, WOT... it should be closed (and silent) during all other times. we can plumb it back in, but that is not something our shop usually does (compromise performance for recirc)
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

what "Fast and the Furious" crack down are you talking about??

I would have to disagree... the wastegate is only open under high boost, WOT... it should be closed (and silent) during all other times. we can plumb it back in, but that is not something our shop usually does (compromise performance for recirc)
It may not be happening where you live but around these parts there's been a huge crackdown on any imports with "exhausts louder than stock". An external dump means you've always gotta pussyfoot it around town.

In theory, yes, the wastegate should only be open under WOT at full boost. However, I've experienced huge amounts of surge with the GT35R on a 2.3 stroker while at part throttle. Basically the type of throttle modulation you'd use at a road course, even with a ported compressor cover, leads to massive compressor surge. I'm still working with my tuner to mitigate some of it but really what I'll probably end up doing is using my AEM EMS to limit the boost under part throttle conditions to keep to the right of the surge line. If I have to resort to this I'll be dumping and making lots of noise at part throttle, partial boost.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Geoff, Im glad you answered about the recirculation question. Im setting up contingency plans right now so I can have my car off the road so I can plug in a 2.3 stroker motor and the GT35 kit.

Heres where Im scratching my head....dyno results EVERYWHERE show the 3037 as a weaker performer than you're claiming. I believe you might be correct, however. However, if I decide that the 2.3L stroker would make better use of the GT35, will the GT35 bolt up to the same manifold? I might as well cut right to the chase as it is....but Im asking for the heck of it anyways.

A Buschur 2.3 and the Full Race GT35R turbo kit should be a beast....now I have to muster the guts to charge the crap outta my freshly paid off credit cards.......well, wish me luck.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

A Buschur 2.3 and the Full Race GT35R turbo kit should be a beast....now I have to muster the guts to charge the crap outta my freshly paid off credit cards.......well, wish me luck.[/QUOTE]

I say go for it ya only live once! Good Luck!!!!!!!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

ill get some more info up next week. thanks for your patience

Sounds Good!

Quick Reply: Full race turbo kit...