Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My TT numbers...why is the torque so low?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005 | 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

I dont know Anj, I dont like the way the car is running since the TT tune, almost seems as if its straining up top. Im going to pull the plugs this weekend to take a look to see if shes running on the leaner side of things.
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
I dont know Anj, I dont like the way the car is running since the TT tune, almost seems as if its straining up top. Im going to pull the plugs this weekend to take a look to see if shes running on the leaner side of things.
I wish TT would take the time to respond...I like how they ignore my thread in their forum
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
I wish TT would take the time to respond...I like how they ignore my thread in their forum

lol...or the lack luster customer service we got when we were down there. Almost gave us the impression that we were bothering them with our business.
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

lol...or the lack luster customer service we got when we were down there. Almost gave us the impression that we were bothering them with our business.
You mean my car is tuned already? Where are the dynosheets?
Oh they're sitting in your car, here is what you owe us.

Old Sep 14, 2005 | 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostedHellride
I have the Same issue, my cars just knocks up top. DO these guys do flashes?

They do offer generic flashes. How do you monitor knocks? Were you tuned by TT?
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

I live right by there, so I wouldn't be getting a generic tune. I want a custom Flash on the Dyno.

Monitor? My car has NO topend after 4 flashes, I get 107-108MPH traps WITH 272's. Up top it just makes noise and doesn't really accelerate. And Yes TT. It is not terrible. My car Idles ok and teh car moves, but not as fast as it should.

What was the point then in asking if they do flashes then?

So basically your just assuming that you have knock up top?
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I dunno, the torque curve doesn't look that bad, you just don't have that big initial hump that a lot of Evos have. With similar mods, mine didn't have it either. The real question is, how does the car drive? Do you feel the difference? IMO "making the numbers" on a dyno is way overrated. For me, as long as I'm close to where I thought I'd be, and as long as I can feel the difference on the street, it's good enough.

l8r)
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

I know for a FACT it has knock up top. I get tuned, get out on the street pull, I get knock and timing pull, I go back to the Dyno, each and every time I am missing 50WHP, after the 4th time, I just gave up. I have been tuning and modding DSM’s/Evo’s since 1995. I know when timing is being pulled WOT, and then When I go on the the Dyno and see that my WHP went from 342 to 298, it kinda proves it you know? Now do this 4 times, each time stating that there shouldn’t be any more issues.

I wana try a new tuner, this is nothing new, Al has taken in the exact same customers with the exact same issues as I have and he has fixed them.

Interesting. I guess I should have gone to Al for the second time instead of trying TT. I also started throwing a p0300 code after being tuned by TT, but thats another whole matter.
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting. I guess I should have gone to Al for the second time instead of trying TT. I also started throwing a p0300 code after being tuned by TT, but thats another whole matter.
atleast they spent some time tuning your car. Mine was "perfect" in the 3 pulls...it's just missing 40wtq and 15-20whp
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
atleast they spent some time tuning your car. Mine was "perfect" in the 3 pulls...it's just missing 40wtq and 15-20whp

Yeah and did nothing to add any power in the extra pulls they made. From what ive read, Al tunes a little richer so he is able to add more timing which increases the tq figure. Not sure how true that is, just what ive seen.
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mevolution2002
montco area...
me too
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Really? Me too, but it was from the Idle, once that was smoothed out ALL my CELS are off.

Interesting...I havent thrown one it in about 400 miles now since I started driving a lot easier which cut down the time the TT would idle the car before it shutting off. Ill tell ya though, I came from a heavily modded Honda to a car I thought I could throw a few grand at and be done with, with little to no headaches and some reliability. This isnt what I had in mind.
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Just sit in your car while it idles, I bet it throws a light
lol I think you used the wrong smiley there...try: or or or or
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah im surprised you guys actually made the trip down here, when al is pretty close to you guys. Also considering you made pretty damn good numbers with a mail in flash.

Did you say anything to TT while you were there about your numbers?
Old Sep 14, 2005 | 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mevolution2002
Yeah im surprised you guys actually made the trip down here, when al is pretty close to you guys. Also considering you made pretty damn good numbers with a mail in flash.

Did you say anything to TT while you were there about your numbers?
+1 on that question!

Quick Reply: My TT numbers...why is the torque so low?