Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Smoke comin out of my exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ez
Man...I just don't understand this. I've been a part of a few different enthusiast groups and forums with the cars I've owned. But being fairly new on here, it seems to me that there is a bit more hate here than the others I remember.

I do understand when someone doesn't search or make an effort to read the FAQs. But not everyone with an Evo is a mechanic, or used to working on cars...or in this case speaks the same primary language. Why is there a need to belittle people? Everyone on this forum is still learning...but many of us would have never made it this far with cars if we were treated this way in the beginning...

fr34k, sorry about the flames. Sounds most like a head gasket to me as well :< Best of luck in getting it sorted out...
I agree with you bro, thanks. Wish me luck

Last edited by fr34k; Sep 19, 2005 at 12:52 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fr34k
thanks bro, gonna check that now... You're the guy who traded the pruven bov with my hks ssqv weren't you?
Yeap that was me- Hope you fix all your problems ..
Old Sep 19, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, hopefully you can figure out the issues. We would be more than happy to look at if if you were local to us. We tuned the car for high 10's A/F about 3-4 months ago. The only problem is with 91 octane you never really know what you are getting. Also if you got a bad batch of gas, overboost, rev, etc. Another possible cause was when you said the car spiked to 30psi a couple times a week or so ago from the wastegate banjo bolt backing out. Hopefully it's not the headgasket, but it sounds like it might be. Head studs would also be a wise investment with the power you are making on 91.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Ya, hopefully you can figure out the issues. We would be more than happy to look at if if you were local to us. We tuned the car for high 10's A/F about 3-4 months ago. The only problem is with 91 octane you never really know what you are getting. Also if you got a bad batch of gas, overboost, rev, etc. Another possible cause was when you said the car spiked to 30psi a couple times a week or so ago from the wastegate banjo bolt backing out. Hopefully it's not the headgasket, but it sounds like it might be. Head studs would also be a wise investment with the power you are making on 91.
I am far away from you, but hopefully nothing serious happens to the car..
thanks Ryan