Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Borla Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla Exhaust Manifold

Any reviews combined with the stock turbo? I've read about some fitment issues and did borla revise the header design? And anyone had any isssues where you had to get it replaced for warranty?
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by masterbetter
Any reviews combined with the stock turbo? I've read about some fitment issues and did borla revise the header design? And anyone had any isssues where you had to get it replaced for warranty?
Hello, my borla fit just fine...however make sure you use the stock gasket and not the borla, also use lock tight to fasten. My header blew the gasket between the turbo and the header. I also had to send it back to borla for a ceramic coating issue. It flaked off. I heard I had one of an early 9 1st production run of header. They have corrected the ceramic coating problem and I have no problem with the new one. The only complaint I have is it took way too long for Borla to credit my acct. once I gave back the damaged header...like a month after I returned the defective one. I got a decent gain w/ the header, a stock turbo, and a new fmic check out my thread "borla header gains".
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by cnoevo8
Hello, my borla fit just fine...however make sure you use the stock gasket and not the borla, also use lock tight to fasten. My header blew the gasket between the turbo and the header. I also had to send it back to borla for a ceramic coating issue. It flaked off. I heard I had one of an early 9 1st production run of header. They have corrected the ceramic coating problem and I have no problem with the new one. The only complaint I have is it took way too long for Borla to credit my acct. once I gave back the damaged header...like a month after I returned the defective one. I got a decent gain w/ the header, a stock turbo, and a new fmic check out my thread "borla header gains".
Wanted to know why use the stock gasket over the borla gasket... ??