Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Dyno Results With New Toy - M A F Translator Pro

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Dyno Results With New Toy - M A F Translator Pro

Last time I was on the Dyno I made 310awhp and around 300awtq. This was on a Dynojet. I had a few problems with a boost leak, plugs were gapped to wide and my MAF was messed up. I had screw driver slip and it broke a few honey combs.

Fast forward about three weeks later and I purchased a new toy. I got this new piggyback called M A F Translator Pro. This device claimed to be able to remove your stock MAF. It will allow you to use a GM MAF in a blow through configuration or run Speed Density using a GM MAP Sensor. I spoke with the guys who design the product and they said it should work on a EVO so I bought it

I received the MAFTpro on Wednesday and by Thursday at noon time my car was running. After going thru some options with some people on the boards I decided to remove the UTEC and get a reflash from Jestr @ www.jestrtuning.com. So on Friday I drove over to Orlando to get my car on Central Florida Turbo's Mustang Dyno. Jestr did not modify my cars AFR on the ECU side, he just removed the fuel/boost/speed limiters, raised my rev limiter to 8300 rpm, and adjusted my timing. All the AFR is set in the MAFTpro. Here are the results of about an hour and half on the dyno:

Old Oct 16, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Here is a video of me on a dyno

http://72.41.83.159/video/dyno10-14-05.wmv
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

That is a nice option, can you direct me to their site. I am currently flashed and was wondering if you adjust your AFR through this device?
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The unit looks really good for getting rid of the stock maf. You should definitely see a bigger improvement on a bigger turbo. I made similar numbers on that exact same dyno with the stock maf, but your power keeps climbing past where mine peaked. Again, everyone's cars are different. This unit does give you the ability to control your AFR. I really like the options that it gives you. Injector scaling is a huge plus. I may have to consider looking into it more before I go with the UTEC. Please continue to update us as you go along on how the unit holds up and its overall adaptability to everyday driving. You can check out my chart in the regisry here, click

Last edited by bpclements; Oct 16, 2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bpclements
The unit looks really good for getting rid of the stock maf. You should definitely see a bigger improvement on a bigger turbo. I made similar numbers on that exact same dyno with the stock maf. Again, everyone's cars are different. This unit does give you the ability to control your AFR. I really like the options that it gives you. Injector scaling is a huge plus. I may have to consider looking into it more before I go with the UTEC. Please continue to update us as you go along on how the unit holds up and its overall adaptability to everyday driving. You can check out my chart in the regisry here, click
That dyno pull was from the last pull of the night. The car was very heatsoaked. My first pull when I get there was over 360awhp but trq was a little low. I am sure when I get a new FMIC and get the methanol going i'll be over 400. I had a UTEC before but I prefer this since Jestr is local. This has the ability to change to different AFR's on the fly when the methanol runs. It also has target AFR so if your methanol runs out you don't blow the engine.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
That is a nice option, can you direct me to their site. I am currently flashed and was wondering if you adjust your AFR through this device?
This device does AFR. You can purchase it and read up on all the features at www.maftpro.com.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joeymia
That dyno pull was from the last pull of the night. The car was very heatsoaked. My first pull when I get there was over 360awhp but trq was a little low. I am sure when I get a new FMIC and get the methanol going i'll be over 400. I had a UTEC before but I prefer this since Jestr is local. This has the ability to change to different AFR's on the fly when the methanol runs. It also has target AFR so if your methanol runs out you don't blow the engine.
The target AFR is the feature that I really like. I did look at your chart a bit closer and I edited my post above to mention that your car keeps building power into redline. Mine peaks at 6500 and drops a little to 7K. So this unit does prove to make more power even on a heat soaked car. I love the ability to choose between blowthrough or speed denisity.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good numbers. I come from the DSM community, I had a 95 eclipse turbo, and ran a gm translator with great success. I have been waiting to see what developed with the evo and the translator. Keep us updated on your progress/impressions...
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

so how user friendly is this unit. I have a works tune right now but man would i love to get rid of the maf. What was the install like was it just plug and play or did you have splice wires? Any other info would help to thanks
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

try to remove the megan racing manifold and use the ported exhaust manifold......i believe you gona make more torque
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Just making sure that's 357/328 on a Mustang Dyno using 93oct WITHOUT the meth running, right?
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

here is a picture of what the MAP sensor looks like for those who don't know. the little black box on the upper right hand corner of the picture is the MAP sensor. You tap one of the intake manifold vacuum lines just like a boost gauge.

Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Just making sure that's 357/328 on a Mustang Dyno using 93oct WITHOUT the meth running, right?
yup no meth and race gas. I didn't have anytime to tap the hole on the upper IC pipe on thursday. I had planned on going to Orlando already before the MAFT I was installed. I planned on using it with UTEC. After discussing things with dsm95hybrid I decided to go with a flash and yank UTEC out. Since Jestr was located in Orlando I hurried up took off in the EVO insted. BTW over 600 miles of driving this weekend and not a single hiccup.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by carbonevo8
so how user friendly is this unit. I have a works tune right now but man would i love to get rid of the maf. What was the install like was it just plug and play or did you have splice wires? Any other info would help to thanks
The unit is more user friendly than a SAFC. The install is very similar to a SAFC. This also comes with a piece of software called Tuner Pro that allows you to make changes. Very user friendly.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Here is another picture of the MAP sensor.

That purple cable hanging on the harness is so you can switch fuel trims on the fly. If that cable gets energized it will switch to a different set of fuel trims. I will set it up so when my methanol pump energizes it will switch to methanol trims.

Quick Reply: New Dyno Results With New Toy - M A F Translator Pro