Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo ECU pin map

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 07:19 PM
wtz
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo ECU pin map

Hi all,
Clearly there are people out there who have access to an Evo VII and an Evo VIII. I'd like to know how the ECU pin maps compare. Also how the sensors compare. For instance, can we run a GEMS or Autronics ECU on the Evo VIII or not? Everything I've read in threads on this site seem to indicate that the US Evo's ECU runs very rich at upper rpm's and may be pulling timing as well. If a programmable ECU is compatible with the US car, alot could be learned quickly. Anyone who's got access to both cars and understands reading ECU's could help all of us. Anyone out there?
Cheers,
Old Mar 13, 2003, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTZ,
No one that I have spoken to, that speaks English, seems to know the answer to this. I talked to my friends at Ralliart UK the other day and they don't have cars yet. The only people that could asnwer this for us speak Japanese at the moment. I have an VII and a shop manual. I am getting a VIII next month. I wanted to know if I can plug my Ralliart Sports ECU from the VII into the VIII along with my stage II upgrades, that are for a VII. The consenses is that everything but possibly the inter cooler piping will work. The other question is the ECU. I don't know how much detuning was done on the VIII to pass US emmissions. No one seems to know if anything was added for OBDII diagonostics to the ECU either. The best case scenioro is that you can plug in any ECU and the OBDII just doesn't work but no faluts are set. That would be good news for the US VIII's that want a quick and easy way to get the same calibrations that the JDM versions have. To answer your question I will be able to look at both of the ECU's next month when the VIII arrives. In the mean time if you find anything out let us know, I am anxious to see if all of my goodies fit on the VIII.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 08:15 PM
wtz
Evolving Member

Hi Bpspeed.
God bless you for an intelligent reply to my thread! This board deteriorates into stupidity so quickly it boggles the mind! Let me reiterate my question: Can someone out there compare the ECU pin maps of the VII vs the VIII? All I want are facts.
Cheers,
Old Mar 13, 2003, 08:42 PM
wtz
Evolving Member

Don't let this thread fall into obscurity! I believe the US Evo ECU is the biggest drawback to making power there is. Someone help me out here.
Cheers,
Old Mar 14, 2003, 08:34 AM

Well WTZ, I have the workshop manual for the VII and they have all of the circuit diagrams but no lilst of the pin outs. The Mitsubishi MUT II tester is what takes care of that for the guys in the shop. The diagrams are really pretty mind numbing.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

It sounds like Bspeed either does, or will have the needed things to do the comparisons shortly.

I'm very curious about this too. IT would be nice to be able to use some of the preexisting hardware available abroad for our E8's.

SC~