Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Shop manual for Evo VIII

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2003, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by enthusiast
No matter how much it costs, get it. It will be the most learning curve that you will have since you learned to feed yourself.
Servicing your own car isn't that hard. 6 years ago, I knew absolutely nothing about cars. Two years ago, I built the engine that is in my car right now. If you have the desire and the right information (I had http://faqs.dsm.org ), it is really a piece of cake. Just bolts and nuts.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Hi

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Its the attempting part I like the most ! I'd hate to let any I know of even touch my evo viii - - (this si no galant)
Hey, I see you got an EVO too! Do you still have the WRX? I remember you from the WRX forum. I was Yellow Rex (no more, sigh). I think your car was one of the fastest WRXs around, are you going to do the same thing to your EVO? I'm leaning towards leaving mine pretty much stock this time

Manuel
Old Mar 25, 2003, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears the temp shop manual is on CD in PDF format at dealers now. Will be picking mine up shortly. :-)

Thomas Dorris
Old Mar 25, 2003, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

plan on posting that ?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by leonard_shelby
plan on posting that ?
Technically, that would be illegal (what isn't?). But I bet it gets out by this weekend one way or another...

Thomas Dorris
Old Mar 25, 2003, 07:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by twdorris

Technically, that would be illegal (what isn't?). But I bet it gets out by this weekend one way or another...

Thomas Dorris
Ummmmm evolution-Napster? I doubt Mark will allow the posting of copyrighted material.

Speedlimit..........
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm... I suppose it may be a copyright violation

oh well
Old Mar 25, 2003, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Speedlimit
Ummmmm evolution-Napster? I doubt Mark will allow the posting of copyrighted material.
Which only means it might not get posted here, not that its distribution will likely be at all limited.

Thomas Dorris
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

How

It appears the temp shop manual is on CD in PDF format at dealers now. Will be picking mine up shortly. :-)

Thomas Dorris
Are you buying it from your local dealershpi and if so how much is it costing?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Re: How

Originally posted by eternal9
Are you buying it from your local dealershpi and if so how much is it costing?
Not buying, not local, not legal. I'm posting so people with contacts or buddies at their local Mitsu dealers will know to ask for it. It's probably there.

Thomas Dorris
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: How

Not buying, not local, not legal. I'm posting so people with contacts or buddies at their local Mitsu dealers will know to ask for it. It's probably there.

Thomas Dorris
You happen to have a broadband connection? I would love to be able to get that from you.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't think someone is going to go pay $50+ for something (most likely double that) and then turn around and hand it out for free. Maybe I'm wrong but we're not talking about some picture of a car or home video here. Asking for a copy of this manual via this board is no different than providing free digital copies of any other books out there. I've had friends who've gotten in trouble in this exact type of situation. Just go spend the money and move on with life. Think of the shop manual as a car part that can't be uploaded to a board.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 06:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
I bought a CD shop manual for my Talon, then a month later bought the two volume paper set. ($80.00 plus shipping from Chrysler). There is no replacement for a good book you can hold in your lap!

Speedlimit....
Old Mar 25, 2003, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Laptop

Originally posted by Speedlimit
I bought a CD shop manual for my Talon, then a month later bought the two volume paper set. ($80.00 plus shipping from Chrysler). There is no replacement for a good book you can hold in your lap!

Speedlimit....
A laptop and a clear plastic bag is my plan. If I can get my hands on one of those CD's I don't even thing Mitshu would sell me the CD would they?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry guys, you can stop PM'ing me. I won't be sending this CD out to anyone randomly asking until I see for myself what it says about redistribution. It'll show up on various sites soon anyway, I'm sure. Stuff like this always does.

I was really only posting so that people with contacts at dealers (primarily fellow DSMers I guess) will know to check for it. Maybe Mitsu is offering the CD for free for all I know. I just haven't gone checking into it yet.

Thomas Dorris