Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

when alky fails which part of engine blows up?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:49 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can control and minimize chances of problems but not make them go away. If pushing the engine far beyond its pump gas limits with the injection it makes it easy even with it being rich (keep in mind a/fs are only so relavent with meth being sprayed into your motor since it throws them off). Even with knock control on and a safe tune it can happen. I have found you can make great power being rich and with low low timing so now hopefully nothing will happen if i have another failure. Anyway , what normally will happen is it will detonate (let off and you may be ok) , drive through it like my goofball buddy did and you prolly won't.
The top of the piston will crack off ( about the size of a small pinky) , it will crush the spark plug, bend some valves and hopefully disinnagrate. If it doesn't then you will also likely ruin the head enough to need machine work and possibly ruin your turbo if it makes it that far and get pushed into it. Pretty picture right...lol
Dave
Old Nov 3, 2005, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those that had the alky kit fail..which kit did you have? Did you find out what was the cause of the failure....like pump failure or nozzle clogged?