Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

dryad001's MAF-less excursion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good chicken focher!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The MAF is coming off very soon. I will have to find a way to mount the filter on the hard pipe before any road tuning is done. Wish me luck.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

More pics

Heres some new shots form today.

Old nasty MAF set-up.

Thank god its gone

All new filter, plus cleaned up some of the non used stuff under the hood and re-mounted the boost control solonoid

Trust me it looks a lot cleaner now

90% of the wiring all cleaned up

Well thats the install folks

Last edited by dryad001; Nov 2, 2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome screw an intake just run the turbo with nothing. You can suck in small birds and stuff

Last edited by stvbreal; Nov 2, 2005 at 07:18 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

I was thinking when people want to see it up close just shove hteir hand in the turbine impeller.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

I think you and I should spend some time cleaning up that engine bay!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 06:28 PM
Former Vendor

great job.. i see a new upgrade in my future...

Last edited by stvbreal; Nov 2, 2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Any new info on this? Also would that help with the cars idle at stock trying to start if running larger injectors and such?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Arent you in AEM territory with the combination of UTEC and the MAFT Pro?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mooreboost
Arent you in AEM territory with the combination of UTEC and the MAFT Pro?

You don't need the UTEC to run the maftpro, it's basically a very advanced s-afc with more features. And I have no clue how long Im going to keep the UTEC I might sell it and just get a flash to raise the rev limit and fuel cut (c'mon AMS lets get this going). Plus you don't need a masters degree to tune a maftpro, very easy to use. I was out tuning after work tonight and my wot afr is a lot more stable than when the utec is controlling it, plus there is a heck of a lot more power.

I guess it kinda depends on what your looking for, something thats very easy to use or something that needs a masters degree to use.

BTW: Love the sig

Last edited by dryad001; Nov 3, 2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

The first few days

Since I want to keep everyone updated on using the Maftpro.

I remember reading about the AEM speed density cold start issues, well this has the same thing, rpms oscilate a little bit and it seems like the car wants to die but doesn't. When the temp gauge rises just a little bit the idle is damn near perfect. Secondly I had a small tip in issue which has been resolved, it was an error on my part. Thirdly I have found out how much power the stock maf sensor holds up, since taking the maf sensor out my spool-up time has decreased, not really sure on the exact rpm difference but my best guesstamation is about 300-400 rpm. Driving around town is great, low speed drivability is like stock.

I highly recommend this product like in my sig it sure beats tossing out 1600 for an AEM or equivelant.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

dial up the afterstart %, that's what its for. You will be able to watch it fade out on the ASC display on the sensor monitor page.....

Alternatively you could add some fuel in the airtemp page if you get some data on the intake temp it happens at.

I have been planning to add a fuel table based on the aux analog input, which could be connected to coolant temp sensor. Perhaps I should move that up my (huge) list of stuff to do.....

Bob
Old Nov 6, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboBob
dial up the afterstart %, that's what its for. You will be able to watch it fade out on the ASC display on the sensor monitor page.....

Alternatively you could add some fuel in the airtemp page if you get some data on the intake temp it happens at.

I have been planning to add a fuel table based on the aux analog input, which could be connected to coolant temp sensor. Perhaps I should move that up my (huge) list of stuff to do.....

Bob

I have been raising up the afterstart lately i think mine is set at 1.1 Joeymia and myself were looking at scantools today and came up with quite a few of them.

Take your time with the updates, I still have quite a bit of tuning to do. I would really like a crash course on the tuner rt program. I'll give you a call tomorrow.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboBob

Bob
I have my afterstart set at 0 and i still run very very rich on a "warm" start. I have to blip the throttle a few times up to 2k and it stops missing and runs fine from there. I start working again tomorrow so my time and focus will be on that for for a few weeks till i get bored I'll try to squeeze in some logging and finally get the LTFT and STFT to you.

MODS PLEASE WE NEED OUR OWN SUB FORUM!!!!!!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=165032
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

The stock evo mas will read accurately to over 500whp. I don't see whay anyone is in a ruah to replace it with piggybacks.

Quick Reply: dryad001's MAF-less excursion