Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another Evo tuned by Precision Dyno (Dynos inside)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Tell Nick #2 that he is not in Spain anymore, remind him that the siestas are well over, he is not in Salamanca anymore..

Haha,

Im back Carlos. Call me manana
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

Yo NIck What's up, It's Carlos. Havin fun in Vegas? Man, I can't believe you sold out on me mang! You were the only other person I knew that had an EB Evo. Hey, will you guys be back at the shop on Monday the 7th? I gotta talk to you guys!
Old Nov 5, 2005, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by techause
I got rid of my Greddy Ti, and got the Perrin unit. The Perrin is an amazing piece..fit & finish. It is a little quieter at 70 mph and significantly quieter at low speeds. I recomend checing it out....JSC Speed for under 560 shipped.

I like the Perrin one, just like the copy of Ralliart one. look really good. BUT just too heavy!!
Old Nov 5, 2005, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Nick#2 what happen to your phone man. Call me back!

Please~
Old Nov 5, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I have run equal times at all 3 in the area (Capitol, Mason Dixon, and MIR). Since Cap is only 11 miles away, you should go there. The other two are probably 60 miles from you, depending on where you are. I ran my 12.01 at Capitol, so I think it's plenty fast enough for you. You could also show up at Imports vs Domestics this Sunday at MIR, since that's where all of the local Evos will be (well, not all, but you know...).
great info

12.01@111 is still out of my league. This is the first time I race with an AWD, and it'll take me a while to master a perfect launch. I got pretty bad 60' times in Colorado with a G-Tech Pro Comp: most around 2.0 secs, but I guess that the altitude and the silencer were taking a big toll. Your times are awesome considering the mods that you have. High12's @ 107-108 is what I expect the first day (93 octane).
I'm planning on going next friday to Capitol Raceway. I think is called Test & Tune.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nick@Precision
Haha,

Im back Carlos. Call me manana
Yo Nick,

I sent u an email with an Ecutek inquire.
PM me back once your long siesta is over, and make it pronto, porfavor!

Old Nov 5, 2005, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOfunk
great info

12.01@111 is still out of my league. This is the first time I race with an AWD, and it'll take me a while to master a perfect launch. I got pretty bad 60' times in Colorado with a G-Tech Pro Comp: most around 2.0 secs, but I guess that the altitude and the silencer were taking a big toll. Your times are awesome considering the mods that you have. High12's @ 107-108 is what I expect the first day (93 octane).
I'm planning on going next friday to Capitol Raceway. I think is called Test & Tune.
Yeah, I don't expect you to hit 12.0s with it being your first time. I have have years and years of experience with drag racing AWD turbos, and I don't get it right everytime.

However, your car should be making the power to trap higher than 111, so even if you only get high 12s from inexperience and bad launches, your mph should still be pretty high. MPH is what verifies dyno figures. Your 300 is on a lower-reading Mustang Dyno, so the guess would be around 330 Dynojet. Expect to see 109mph on bad runs but as high as 113 on good ones. I might come out there to race and help you out, since I go to Capitol on Friday TnT fairly often. Make sure you get there by 4:45-5pm, because it gets heinously crowded by 7pm, and you only get 2-3 runs after that if you're lucky...
Old Nov 5, 2005, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1sweetoz
Yo NIck What's up, It's Carlos. Havin fun in Vegas? Man, I can't believe you sold out on me mang! You were the only other person I knew that had an EB Evo. Hey, will you guys be back at the shop on Monday the 7th? I gotta talk to you guys!
Carlos!!
Whats up my friend...No worries bud, I still have an Electric Blue! Its just a IX now, haha.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I don't expect you to hit 12.0s with it being your first time. I have have years and years of experience with drag racing AWD turbos, and I don't get it right everytime.

However, your car should be making the power to trap higher than 111, so even if you only get high 12s from inexperience and bad launches, your mph should still be pretty high. MPH is what verifies dyno figures. Your 300 is on a lower-reading Mustang Dyno, so the guess would be around 330 Dynojet. Expect to see 109mph on bad runs but as high as 113 on good ones. I might come out there to race and help you out, since I go to Capitol on Friday TnT fairly often. Make sure you get there by 4:45-5pm, because it gets heinously crowded by 7pm, and you only get 2-3 runs after that if you're lucky...
It would be great to see you at the track! I should get there there by 4:00-4:30 pm. You'll recognize me by my Colorado plates
Old Nov 6, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Oops, I forgot to tell you about my tires:

I came from Colorado with snow tires, and they're quiet narrow: 205/50. I used to have them on my Mini Cooper S and they fit pretty good on the wide 8" OEM rims. I wonder if this is going to be a handicap for traction. I put them on since I didn't want to take any chances with heavy snowfalls in the way back to Colorado in mid December. I had a bad experience in the past and I learned my lesson. Surprisingly, the car drives great with them on. They are Dunlop Winter Sport M3's and they're considered one of the best snow tires in the market for high performance vehicles. Grip is not as good as with the Advans (duh!) but they perform great considering its nature.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

here's the tire.

Curiously, my best times on my Mini Cooper S (G-tech) where achieved with these tires instead of the OEM run flats.
Attached Thumbnails Another Evo tuned by Precision Dyno (Dynos inside)-snow.jpg  
Old Nov 11, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by warrtalon
Your 300 is on a lower-reading Mustang Dyno, so the guess would be around 330 Dynojet. Expect to see 109mph on bad runs but as high as 113 on good ones.
I'd like to point out this quote from earlier

Good job at the track, Evofunk. I expect a full writeup in the Drag forum when you have time. I want to know if you were spinning all 4 on those snow tires, or if you were bogging. Btw, in reference to your last post, I just got a set of Blizzaks mounted onto my race rims for the upcoming winter in C-Springs. Looks like we'll be racing together up there next season...
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

I just got a set of Blizzaks mounted onto my race rims for the upcoming winter in C-Springs. Looks like we'll be racing together up there next season...
Sweet! I'll be looking forward to see u at the Springs. It is a great place, and if you are into outdoor activities such skiing, snowboarding, hiking, (I am ) then you are going to the right place. Only think you'll hate is the freakin altitude. Your body will adjust to it in 3-4 weeks, but your car...oh well, that's a different story Expect low 13's over there
BTW, why are u moving from DC to CS? Are u a GI?

Cheers (pls check tomorrow my next thread about my times at the track)