Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Oh No! Am I screwed?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oil changes arnt going to cause this in 20,000 miles, if you have been using synthetic at least! heck, amsoil will warranty your motor with 35,000 miles between changes with their 0-30w!
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:47 PM

Thumbs up

Well, its been a struggle to track down my receipts, but I have. The Dealer has been great of keeping me up to date of what i needed. I just faxed over the last receipt he needed yesterday. Hopefully the parts will get ordered, and Ill have a brand new baby.. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Ill post when i get more info...
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:59 PM

glad to hear they took care of you.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

I know what you mean by the awful sound, the oil pump on my ls1 failed and I spun 2 rod bearings and a crank bearing. It sounded like there was an m-16 going off when I drove it! Nice job on the new motor.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
did he say he launches at 6500rpm a few times?
Old Nov 24, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

wait so you got a new engine? and what dealer was this at? I live in the bay area so maybe when i get my evo and i have problems i could take it to them.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 07:58 PM

Ouch
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i've spun bearings twice on my evo4 Motor...sounds like thats what you've done for certain...my recomendation would be to not allow them to just replace the bearings and or rod(s) if they try to because its more than likely a problem with the block as i've found out with mine, and yes i replaced my oil pump twice...i have complete Evo8 block ready to drop in once i get the chance...i'd say you should have them do the same with yours... just my $.02

-Adam
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
goodluck with that flash ecu when you bring your car to the dealer
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AdamJ39
i've spun bearings twice on my evo4 Motor...sounds like thats what you've done for certain...my recomendation would be to not allow them to just replace the bearings and or rod(s) if they try to because its more than likely a problem with the block as i've found out with mine, and yes i replaced my oil pump twice...i have complete Evo8 block ready to drop in once i get the chance...i'd say you should have them do the same with yours... just my $.02

-Adam
So what did you do to solve the problem with your block?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:46 AM

Man, its been a struggle, and Its almost over!

OK 2 days ago my dealer calls and says my car is all good to go, with a brand new engine, rockers, arms, and so on. (Full Warranty ) He says" your cars just about off the lift, but when we do major work like this we like to take the car home and see if there are any over heating issues, ect. So the Service manager said he was going to drive it home, which was fine i guess. The next day I drive the 40 miles to the dealer to pick up the keys. When i get there i sign the paper work and talk to him a bit, and he says " oh yea you might need some gas". I took my keys and left the car there while i went and bought a laptop. When i returned I jumped in my car to warm it up... and what do I see? "Service Engine Soon" + the gas meter was so ****ing low i was suprised it started! To this day with 24k miles on it I have never seen this light. Well now the dealer is closed and everyone is gone. So I left it right in the same spot and threw the keys right back into customer service drop-off, and left a message. I called yesterday evening and the manager said its an "exhaust manifold sensor". I said and thats my problem? I let you drive my car home with you just to be sure everything is in working order,and informed you i didnt care how long everything took just as long as its done right! When i drive the 40 miles to pick up my car its not even fixed, + you left zero gas in my car, wtf is that? I left a half tank when it was dropped off. The car is supposed to be done today, as i will pick it up after class, and we will see..

And yes I Launch my car... hardly ever at 6.5 but 4/5. Yea i drive my evo like they are built to be driven. For all you people that get down on others, for the way they drive their car should look in the rear view mirror and realize what kind of car they are driving, and learn how to unleash the real power of an EVO.
I dont street race, everything is done at Infineon Raceway...
And im sorry but the way i drive has nothing to do with what went wrong with the car.. My ECU had no problems at the dealer either .

Bottom Line car was a Full Warranty. $0 due. Brand New Engine, ect
Much respect to San Rafeal Mits.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 02:29 PM

I beat the living sh*t outta my evo...and that thing has never given me any trouble cept for the clutch...I revved to 7800 rpm one time to pass cars on the highway...But to seriously increase ur reliability and this has worked in my 89 prelude is to add Lucas Motor Oil Stabilizer...I swear when i add that stuff to my car...the oil takes forever to turn black...IT cleaned out the inside of my engine in the honda and the evo and the oil never breaks down....I seriously think that if i never have added that stuff that my honda woulda never survived the 7200rpm launch NUMEROUS times and all out bashing...That thing never gave up...As for the evo its the same thing...It runs strong..Never showed any kind of wear...it has 31k miles on it...but most likely 2morrow the papers will get signed and i'll be a proud owner of an 06 GG IX MR...Fully loaded with the Zero Lift kit...Cant wait.....
Old Dec 16, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Got my car from San Rafael, Snorre is a stand up guy, they'll take care of you.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

did this guy just complain and he got a free engine.. wtf.. you suck.. be greatful.. you're an *** newbie!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kevin
did this guy just complain and he got a free engine.. wtf.. you suck.. be greatful.. you're an *** newbie!

Quick Reply: Oh No! Am I screwed?