Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch adjustment tips (TRE Tranny and Exedy clutch)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat
Get the rod in there and then let us know how it is doing. Did you go very slow on the bleeding? It never hurts to do it again a day or two after the first time. Let me know.
i took my time with the bleeding, did it about 12 times over the coarse of a few hours.

I ordered the shorter rod from LancerShop on Tuesday with 3 day priority but with the holiday and them not shipping it out the same day I ordered it I won't see it until next tuesday

Anyway I re-adjusted the clutch again today after changing my driveline fluids and I think that did the trick. Originally I had the adjustment rod all the way out, leaving only about 3-4 thread exposed. I thought that was giving me the most pedal travel but I was mistaken. I shortened the rod to have about 8 threads showing and now she is shifting like a champ. The clutch is grabbing a little too low for my taste but I have zero problems going into any gear from a stop and shifts seems to be slightly improved.

i post more once I get the chance to drive it a little more.

Thanks for all the help, its appreciated.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

I just got done installing the short clutch slave rod but it actually made the situation worse then before. Before the install I had the clutch pedal rod at about the middle point and the shifting was pretty smooth, it was starting to get tricky to get first and reverse again so thats why I decided to follow the direction of others and install the short rod.

After the install I didn't do any adjustment of the pedal and it resulted in me not being able to engauge any gear easy. So I figured I would try lenghting the rod (less threads) and that was even worse. The only way to shift now with the short rod is with the pedal adjustment as short as can be, meaning the pedal is basically catching the clutch off the floor and there is VERY little pedal travel.

Tomorrow I'm going to bleed the slave again and if that doesn't fix the problem then I'll put the longer rod back in place.

Any other suggestions?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:37 PM

whoa!! what are you guys talking about when shortening and lengthing the rod.. how do you that??? I just got installing my exedy twin plate and was wondering if i should install the ss clutch line, push rod and take out the restrictor. My evo hestitates and stalled a couple of times.. need some major help and suggestion... i'll try to post a video of this so everyone will have an idea wat the hell i'm taliking about..
Old Jun 28, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Word of advice to anyone reading this thread: DO NOT USE THE SHORTENED SLAVE CYLINDER ROD!

I've taken mine out and went back to the OEM length rod, with some more adjustment and more bleeding of the slave cylinder I have gotten back that stock clutch feel. The track backs it up to as now my 60's are in the 1.7s again like they were with the stocker.