Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

LPH 255 or Walbro 255

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the install kit is like 15$ and its 100% worth it. new filter, new o ring, new little metal piece. Yes you can JiggaRig the stock parts to work on the walbro pump, but why go through the hassle.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 01:13 PM
Account Disabled

Like I stated, we have installed over 50 pumps and the kits come with about 4-5 parts and the rubber lower insulator is the only one that you could possibly benefit from. Most Evo's are <30K mi. Mine @ 12K, pump went in at 2500mi. You do not need to replace your fuel pump screen with such low miles. Most pumps never fail or need a replacement screen and are good to 150K mi +.

Universal DSM kit contents:
Insulative sock= does not fit
wiring harness= does not fit
pump screen=why have 2, stock pump already has one?
screen retaining ring=why have 2, stock pump already has one?
insulative lower pump spacer- pump works with stock or walbro insulative spacer just fine.

So again, all these parts... Only one is useful, which is not even necessary= a waste of money IMO. I do sell these "kits", so buy them if you want to. Honesty is my policy. It is not needed IMO.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Like I stated, we have installed over 50 pumps and the kits come with about 4-5 parts and the rubber lower insulator is the only one that you could possibly benefit from. Most Evo's are <30K mi. Mine @ 12K, pump went in at 2500mi. You do not need to replace your fuel pump screen with such low miles. Most pumps never fail or need a replacement screen and are good to 150K mi +.

Universal DSM kit contents:
Insulative sock= does not fit
wiring harness= does not fit
pump screen=why have 2, stock pump already has one?
screen retaining ring=why have 2, stock pump already has one?
insulative lower pump spacer- pump works with stock or walbro insulative spacer just fine.

So again, all these parts... Only one is useful, which is not even necessary= a waste of money IMO. I do sell these "kits", so buy them if you want to. Honesty is my policy. It is not needed IMO.
hmmm you must be confused. there is no "universal dsm kit" there is one kit for 90-94 dsms and another kit for 95-99 dsms and evos. the newer kit does not come with the wiring harness or the insulator rubber sock. and for 10$-15$ its worth it. you get a new filter (even if stock is fine) and the new little clear hat piece, and the new o-ring, and the new little metal push on ring. the stock pump doesnt have that metal push on ring because it pushes onto the tab of the stock pump and stays there. on the walbro pump to use the new filter you need that little metal piece. i've never tried re using the old filter becuase there is no need to. for 15$ i'll just replace all those little pieces. its like changing your turbo and trying to re use your oil or soemthing, its not worth it.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a recommendation if you have a aftermaket fp then follow the directions and dont run it with less then a quarter tank of gas it is really hard on them. This will help prevent you from ending un frying two pumps in two years like some people.

Walboro all the way!!
Old Nov 10, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
I've killed my second Walbro 342 since purchasing the car in 2003. In the passed, these pumps have worked fine for me and my customers. Well, I took the plunge and have a 210 LPH Denso pump on the way. Even though it is listed at "only" 210 LPH... the graphs show it has an output of twice the OE unit. Whisper quiet too compared to the Walbro... but over twice the price
-where were you able to order the denso? thanks
Old Nov 10, 2005, 05:56 PM
Account Disabled

the Supra one is not even close to being a drop in

the install kit is absolutely not needed

Last edited by Z1 Performance; Nov 10, 2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got my with the kit for $72 shipped
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

I bought the kit with my walbro pump. I don't know, I kinda like the stock setup at the pump outlet, vs. the smallish o-ring that comes with the kit. I used the new filter, but my old one didn't look dirty at all. But I scrapped the new o-ring and re-used the stock "hat" looking thing. It's gotta form a tighter seal, and not bypass fuel much better than a simple o-ring.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
-where were you able to order the denso? thanks
I'll have three in my hands tomorrow... they may be spoken for though.

Most seem to be fine with the Walbro... I just want to "know" I'm set, and not have to hear it all of the time.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AzBlackEvo8
Which one should I go for?

Seems like most ppl here have walbro

they're the about the same price

cheapest I found for walbro is $85 on ebay, is that good? Can any vendor beat it on here?

Thanks guys
WOW. 255LPH or 255 Walbro is the question. Just WOW.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
The kit is a waste of money. I do not make my clients pay for a kit they maybe will use one rubber piece out of. You can swap the filter off of the old pump and be done with it.
I can't remember if I used any of the extra parts in the Walbro Kit but I got the whole kit just in case, furthermore it was all that was available locally.

It definately wasn't a waste of money for me. I bought the whole kit from GSC for $80 because I stop by frequently.

I also used the two spare hose clamps supplied in the kit to fix my refrigerator water/ice maker line.