Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Precision Dyno Tuned Buschur 20G Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have a 20g but this is what happen to me so you can check your veh. I put a intercooler on my veh. Al had it at Pruven on the Dyno after 2 pulles Al and kenny relized that there was something wrong I had a small boost leak at the turbo and lower intercooler pipe and it made 320whp with the leak. So they took it off the dyno and fixed it. I took the car to the trackand ran a 12.1 with the leak it ran a 12.7

Now I went to Precision Dyno this past July cause they were closer I spent over $3,000.00 there they put the TME 6.5 turbo I got from Busher on my car. I ran 11.96 with Nicks tune on an AEM and put out 352 whp on the mustang. A week later I had the car tested for a boost leak cause I felt the car should have been faster and guess what same boost leak they did not pick it up. I had it fixed and Al retuned it on the stock ECU and the car feels alot more powerful. Still waiting to go to the track......so check you boost for leaks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I should have put this in also anyone can over look a small leak Nick is a great guy and I am happy with his tune but if you have a small malfunction unnoticied you will have a problem..........

Last edited by PHILLY EVO; Nov 17, 2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow all this and we still dont know what he put down with the stock turbo.. we still haven't even seen his dyno chart. I could even be possible there are other problems with his car.. or its weak one to begin with.. who knows..

I think the first thing he should try is the actuator as Dave mentioned... other than that I realy don't know what to say.. I think some people are just looking to fight :x
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigyellowevo
So true Dave. There are so many bandwagons on this forum, it's almost useless to come on here anymore.
It's been like that since the evo came out.

Originally Posted by rraulston
Man, i dont know whats worse. The people who complain about a purchase, or the vendors who berate and attack trying to defend their products. If you cant take the heat of the internet, then stay off it. You vendors know how it is and how it will ALWAYS be, so quit fueling it and just let people say what they say and it will all fade away.......l.
I dont think Dave was attacking anyone. If you re-read the original posters review he is complaining about surge. He doesnt say anything about him (being the poster) knowing there is surge and nothing you can really do about it. That is why dave is attacking him.

Then he goes on to document 4 hours of trying to fix it. Yet again, dave stated surge will be present. I guess you can almost say dave put up a buyer beware and the buyer bought it maybe out temptation or 'what if' and now is upset.

What do you expect? Are these these people who disregard important facts the same people who slow down to a halt when a car creeps an inch past a stop sign...jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by blackevoVII; Nov 17, 2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

20g

Okay, If you guys think this turbo is not worth $15.00, I have an option for you. I will gladly buy it back from you for $ 300.00 That's 20 times more than you want. Let me know.

Sigfrid
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
rraulston,

I am assuming you are referring to me about leaving this post alone. I in no way attacked precision. I even made it clear in my post that was no my intention. I simply wanted to point out what I have advertised and what he is seeing are all exactly the same. Besides that, I have NEVER left something alone that has my name attached to it, never will.

Let me say again, since some of you others guys feel the same way. IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO ATTACK Precision. I was just trying to explain that from what he is saying everything looks great to me. I also in no way feel his car is down on power. He made as much power as I did on the same type dyno with the same calibration in both dyno's at the same basic boost level. His car, if anything, is STRONG!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, the way I see it, if you make a purchase BEFORE all of the bugs have been tweaked, what do you expect? My advice: wait until the product has been tested, tweaked, and proven to do everything that you want it to do. At least that way the disappointment will be at a minumum.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
rraulston,

I am assuming you are referring to me about leaving this post alone. I in no way attacked precision. I even made it clear in my post that was no my intention. I simply wanted to point out what I have advertised and what he is seeing are all exactly the same. Besides that, I have NEVER left something alone that has my name attached to it, never will.

Let me say again, since some of you others guys feel the same way. IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION TO ATTACK Precision. I was just trying to explain that from what he is saying everything looks great to me. I also in no way feel his car is down on power. He made as much power as I did on the same type dyno with the same calibration in both dyno's at the same basic boost level. His car, if anything, is STRONG!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

David, apparently RRAULSTON wasn't reading the same post that you wrote or I read. You in no way attacked PRECISION, you basically proved that his car was doing exactly what it should do with the 20g.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

O.k. o.k. ATTACK is a term in which can mean different things to different people. I didnt mean the HARSH way. And i wasnt refering to Dave. More to DSM for jumping on with a reiteration of the SOS. And then big Al, the one who i would have never thought, jumps in and rescues the thread.........i need a beer.........it will take me a week to get over that one.....
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
Please post up your dynograph of the STOCK turbo and then of the 20G, i would surely love to see this so called 1000 rpm loss of spoolup you are claiming.

+1

And yes.. a boost leak can cause 1000rpm spool up diff. I know this because I had one and I thought my car was fast. After that fix - its a big difference. Evo's need to be constantly checked for leaks and small problems that cause power loss. Just have to be on it
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, here's a perfect example of what this thread is about.

Personally, I have a WR and I just loaded my 100 octance map. It's only boosting to 22.5 psi in 4th gear. Now, I could go off and complain about Shiv's tune, the WR from FP, etc., etc. But see, I won't throw a part on my car and blame the manufacturer or the tuner. I probably need to check for a boost leak (which has been done before) and put on the upgraded actuator AND check to see if the actuator is adjusted properly. People need to understand there are variables to deal with, and sometimes things don't work properly or up to expectations when you put something new on your car.

To complain about surging on a turbo that the vendor says has surging problems is ignorance at its finest. Do your due diligence and don't blame someone else for your lack of homework, especially when there's been full disclosure from Buschur on the subject. Rant off...
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Dang, the truth reveals itself on the dyno.

A buddy of mine who owns an 05 MR is also trying to talk me out of the 20G upgrade whether it be a 20G-8 or a 20G-9.

He's trying to steer me towards getting the GT35R kit instead from AMS/Buschur/Shearer, ya know....go big or go home!!!
Yeah but I heard the GT35R is no use if you don't plan on running greater than 21psi, or if you are running 264 cams. I don't think the 35R has the twin scroll housing either.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by rraulston
O.k. o.k. ATTACK is a term in which can mean different things to different people. I didnt mean the HARSH way. And i wasnt refering to Dave. More to DSM for jumping on with a reiteration of the SOS. And then big Al, the one who i would have never thought, jumps in and rescues the thread.........i need a beer.........it will take me a week to get over that one.....
I am not trying to rescue any thread here

Precision Dyno are great tuners and I am sure that they did everything possible with these cars

I just dont understand how the customers could be disatisfied with turbo this great 20G turbo as I have found it to be one of the best turbos I have tried to date on evos

I will be down in Phoenix anyway so I am happy to look at the cars to see if there is something mechanically which may have been over looked

I would hate to see the 20G get a bad reputation based upon one or two guy's individual experiences which may have been effected by other factors than the turbo itself

Keep in mind - I do not sell 20G's and have no financial interest in 20G's - I just happen to really think its a great turbo - fun to drive and a lot more power than the stock one

My main point is for everyone to keep an open mind about these 20G units - they do surge a bit down low but they are really a great street tubro and make a load of power over stock

Last edited by DynoFlash; Nov 17, 2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by platinumspecv
+1

And yes.. a boost leak can cause 1000rpm spool up diff. I know this because I had one and I thought my car was fast. After that fix - its a big difference. Evo's need to be constantly checked for leaks and small problems that cause power loss. Just have to be on it
Very good point. Boost leaks are a huge issue with evos
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PHILLY EVO
I don't have a 20g but this is what happen to me so you can check your veh. I put a intercooler on my veh. Al had it at Pruven on the Dyno after 2 pulles Al and kenny relized that there was something wrong I had a small boost leak at the turbo and lower intercooler pipe and it made 320whp with the leak. So they took it off the dyno and fixed it. I took the car to the trackand ran a 12.1 with the leak it ran a 12.7

Now I went to Precision Dyno this past July cause they were closer I spent over $3,000.00 there they put the TME 6.5 turbo I got from Busher on my car. I ran 11.96 with Nicks tune on an AEM and put out 352 whp on the mustang. A week later I had the car tested for a boost leak cause I felt the car should have been faster and guess what same boost leak they did not pick it up. I had it fixed and Al retuned it on the stock ECU and the car feels alot more powerful. Still waiting to go to the track......so check you boost for leaks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I should have put this in also anyone can over look a small leak Nick is a great guy and I am happy with his tune but if you have a small malfunction unnoticied you will have a problem..........
Geez! Spending over 3grand for a turbo install is bit high isn't it? You can get a built motor for that, maybe even a stroker kit. I am planning on getting a 20G 9 but I may have to look elsewhere to get it installed. I might as well have the dealer put it in. Or maybe hold off on a turbo upgrade.
Just for a little background I spent nearly $300 on a catback/downpipe install and nearly $300 as well on gauge installation. This is the first time I spent full price on installation from a company I didn't know. Do any of you veterans think I spent too much? I have had parts installed on my GSX, but it was by a friend who owns a shop and before then, my uncle and his friend. I only spent $100 each time.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
THis is the problem with this forum. You have no idea what he spend 3 Gs on. You're assuming it was ONLY the turbo install, but I bet you are wrong. People read one little thing and extrapolate to incorrect conclusions, and bash vendors and/or people in the process.

Quick Reply: Precision Dyno Tuned Buschur 20G Review