Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Precision Dyno Tuned Buschur 20G Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
That is not really an accurate or meaningful comparision to make however

You see Cremo3 's car was tuned for straight PUMP gas at 21 psi of boost

It was set up so he could pour in some race gas and turn up the boost to 24 psi or so to go a bit faster

OF COURSE with a straight race gas tune he would have mad signioficantly more power

ALSO - he was NOT tuned for methanol injection as you were tuned

Creamo3 specifically asked that his tune be left conservative and safe - zero risk

With a more agressive tune and methanol he could have easily reached the very high 300's if not 400 whp with that turbo

REMEMBER ALWAYS gentlemen - dynos are for testing and tuning only - we race at the track and that is where you discover how fast your car is.
I agree and have nothing to say bad about my tune. Heck if this new compressor cover can cure or alleviate almost all the surging I would be happier. To answer some ?'s yes I have a high boost actuator, yes I pressure test the IC pipes, and my compression is 175 across the board. I have adjusted the BOV and wastegate actuator. My setup now has the least amount of surge, but it is still present. I knew it surged some when I was going to buy it, but was under the impression that since I'm not a road racer it wouldn't affect me. How do I know that it spools 1000 rpm later? I simply look at my boost guage and tach (not rocket science) When stock I had full boost around 3200 rpms now I have full boost around 4200. I guess my expectations were set too high which is why I may have come off as unpleasant. I have nothing bad to say about Buschur and feel he does great things for the Evo community. Hopefully this new compressor cover will help things out and I will be doing meth/retune to hopefull crack 400 whp.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by justchil
The EVO9 20G is the only way to go IMHO.
do you have one? i wanna see some truth about that thing too

Originally Posted by yellowEVO21
exactly....wait to see what the dyno results are for a evo9 20g turbo on a evo with average bolt-ons, (i.e. exhaust, intake, reflash, cams, pump gas) then see what the curve looks like...

i don't think we should judge it all based on the evo 8 20g when the evo 9 one hasn't been in any cars at all (apart from the buschur one).
why should we have to wait for evo9 20g? what about these guys that got hosed? i remember when br used to say he wouldn't sell NOTHIN' until he was personally satisfied with it........ these guys don't sound too satisfied... and i'm afraid br is turning into a conglomeration.

Originally Posted by bigyellowevo
So true Dave. There are so many bandwagons on this forum, it's almost useless to come on here anymore.
HAHHA you br bandwagoner

Originally Posted by DSMotorsport
So someone buys a product that has all the info out in the open about it, knows what they are buying, but then is dissapointed in the performance?

BR says they have a surge problem, you buy the turbo anyway knowing full well it surges, then complain about the surge on the internet? Why would you assume it woudn't surge on your car, but does on the test car? I know Dave has mentioned compressor surge in just about every single 20G thread he has posted.

That seems to me like just a bad buying decision and unrealistic ecpectations.

You probobly should have waited to buy the turbo AFTER BR solved the surge issues.
and i take issue with this... cuz i think br shoulda solved the surge issues before selling. and i UNDERSTAND, that SOOOOOO like 48 pages of SOOOOO many people were BEGGING for this thing to come out... regardless... i know the type of philosophy that br has tried to uphold here, and the surging 20g falls short of that philosophy.

Last edited by trinydex; Nov 19, 2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

i am going to purchase a 20g TME so i contacted the person who makes the conversions. They recently released an upgraded compressor cover with a 3inch inlet and surge ports. Has anyone been able to test this?
Attached Thumbnails Precision Dyno Tuned Buschur 20G Review-evo8port.jpg  
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

uhm... is that the evo400 turbo? or is there someone doin' this in the states now?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
uhm... is that the evo400 turbo? or is there someone doin' this in the states now?
that is just a 20g... just upgraded cover made in the usa.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

who who who is the question
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
who who who is the question
ask bushur because that pic is from his supplier .
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
trinydex,

What I said was as you said, "I wouldn't release the 20G until I was satisfied with it." 100% accurate and that is exactly what I did. I released it when I was satisfied with it. I am still satisfied with it and and still proud and glad I released this turbo. The normal 20G in the EVO8 cover surges atleast 50% LESS THAN A NORMAL TME NON 20G TURBO. In a car set up like mine a TME surges so violently that it is nearly impossible to drive. This makes the 20G not only acceptable to release as-is but with less surging than something Mitsubishi themselves built. Also, go back and re-read the posts made by the guys you are saying are so unhappy, as they have explained they aren't that unhappy, they just don't like the surge. They have even said the turbos work well.

The "problem" with dealing with a company like us is even if we build a really good part, such as the 20g-8, we are going to continue to work on it and try to make it even better.

I could have sat back and been extremely happy with the 20g the way it is but new in a better cover it would be even better. This is Evolution, get it?

The compressor cover pictured above is what I am testing next week. Rather than post and sell them immediately I am going to test it first and sell it later. Feel free to call and buy it direct, please! This will save me the money buying it and the time testing it! Let me know what you come up with, then I will go ahead and use it.

The cover pictured is a modified EVO8 cover. It was built to try to eliminate/reduce surging on the EVO8 turbos, of all types, not JUST the 20g. As I said, the absolute worste surge I have ever experienced in my life is with the normal TME, very violent, crazy.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 20, 2005, 12:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Creamo3
I agree and have nothing to say bad about my tune. Heck if this new compressor cover can cure or alleviate almost all the surging I would be happier. To answer some ?'s yes I have a high boost actuator, yes I pressure test the IC pipes, and my compression is 175 across the board. I have adjusted the BOV and wastegate actuator. My setup now has the least amount of surge, but it is still present. I knew it surged some when I was going to buy it, but was under the impression that since I'm not a road racer it wouldn't affect me. How do I know that it spools 1000 rpm later? I simply look at my boost guage and tach (not rocket science) When stock I had full boost around 3200 rpms now I have full boost around 4200. I guess my expectations were set too high which is why I may have come off as unpleasant. I have nothing bad to say about Buschur and feel he does great things for the Evo community. Hopefully this new compressor cover will help things out and I will be doing meth/retune to hopefull crack 400 whp.
bro - you dont come off as unpleasant. dealing with you has been a great experience. Your expetations are totally reasonable.

Turbo selction is a highly subjective process and is why its important to have forums like there to read about experiences.

I would say you should wait for some feed back on the new IX 20G - it looks most promising
Old Nov 25, 2005, 02:14 PM

AL and Dave you guys run seperate companies and you both are honest people ive dealt with both of you and am currently awaiting a920g from you Dave everything Dbuschur has sold me (currently stage4walky tuned by AL) has been quality and I dont believe DAVE would ever sell anything he doesnt believe in ive moded out all kinda cars in my life my evo is still the best driveability rocks and Buschur parts havent let me down yet i also believe that both AL and DAVE KNOW THAT HORSEPOWER IS GREAT WHP # BUT IF ITS NOT DRIVEABLE WHAT GOOD IS IT WE LIVE DRIVE MOSTLY ON THE STREET SO PEOPLE GET A GT35 TURBO SO YOU MAKE BIG NUMBERS ILL WAIT FOR MY EVO 9 20G AND MAKE POWER THROUGHOUT RPM BAND THANKS DAVE FOR GREAT SERVICE TECH AND PRODUCTS AND AL FOR UNDERSTANDING THE ECU AND METHENOL YOU GOT A GREAT COMBO WITH BOTH OF YOURE KNOWLEDGE SO PEOPLE BOW DOWN .....THANKS GUYS ...BOBBY GALARDO JR RGALARDOJR
Old Nov 25, 2005, 02:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by rgalardojr
AL and Dave you guys run seperate companies and you both are honest people ive dealt with both of you and am currently awaiting a920g from you Dave everything Dbuschur has sold me (currently stage4walky tuned by AL) has been quality and I dont believe DAVE would ever sell anything he doesnt believe in ive moded out all kinda cars in my life my evo is still the best driveability rocks and Buschur parts havent let me down yet i also believe that both AL and DAVE KNOW THAT HORSEPOWER IS GREAT WHP # BUT IF ITS NOT DRIVEABLE WHAT GOOD IS IT WE LIVE DRIVE MOSTLY ON THE STREET SO PEOPLE GET A GT35 TURBO SO YOU MAKE BIG NUMBERS ILL WAIT FOR MY EVO 9 20G AND MAKE POWER THROUGHOUT RPM BAND THANKS DAVE FOR GREAT SERVICE TECH AND PRODUCTS AND AL FOR UNDERSTANDING THE ECU AND METHENOL YOU GOT A GREAT COMBO WITH BOTH OF YOURE KNOWLEDGE SO PEOPLE BOW DOWN .....THANKS GUYS ...BOBBY GALARDO JR RGALARDOJR
WOW - cool that you are getting the IX 20G - let me know when you think you will have it I have a few other guys in Florida doing upgrades now and I will be planning a trip down that way the first week of the new year

I feel the IX 20G holds great promise - I liked and still like the other 20G that surged a bit

Interestingly - I have been tuning several White Rabbit turbos in the past two weeks and they also surge a bit

All of these upgraded turbos make at least 30 - 40 whp more than stock
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:50 PM

AL as soon as i get the 9 2o g ill post up and let you know i cant wait man, i feel like a kid in a candy store juss waiting till it gets here by the way al i sent aletter containing a dyno sheet up to you it should be in conn . by tuesday in it youll find my most recent dyno run in west palm beach fl at japtrix again its a mustang dyno real numbers juss let me know what you think Al its br stage 4 walky and youre street tune car is scary on full boost and i mean it in a good way talk to youy soon RGALARDO
Old Nov 25, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rgalardojr
AL as soon as i get the 9 2o g ill post up and let you know i cant wait man, i feel like a kid in a candy store juss waiting till it gets here by the way al i sent aletter containing a dyno sheet up to you it should be in conn . by tuesday in it youll find my most recent dyno run in west palm beach fl at japtrix again its a mustang dyno real numbers juss let me know what you think Al its br stage 4 walky and youre street tune car is scary on full boost and i mean it in a good way talk to youy soon RGALARDO

Dude, periods are your friend.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Ha, thats funny.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first off, everyone are all hype up on the dyno number, who cares, i can't tune on a dyno, especially Dynojet. you havbe to tune on the street. You need to have load, and on the dyno there's no load. if you think your car is fast, take it to the track and see if your time have improve.

Quick Reply: Precision Dyno Tuned Buschur 20G Review