Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What intake should i use? hks looses power

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What intake should i use? hks looses power

Got a tune

Last edited by ModifiedMR; Jul 15, 2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hell with intake go and get K&N drop in or HKS Hybrid
Old Nov 17, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Please do a search, you will quickly find the answer to your question.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't even respond to this crap. Is this a nightmare? Is this reality? How in the freakin world can people ask these questions with a straight face? How many threads is this now with the same crap, and he acts like he's the only one to ever deal with these same issues. Unbelievable...

Then, he edited his post to fix spelling, but he still has basic words misspelled all over the place. It's so discouraging to see the same idiocy over and over and over.

Listen, man, sell the HKS intake, don't bother getting another intake, recirculate your BOV, get an MBC, get a tune (flash), and complete your exhaust (I assume that's a cat-back). The result will be at least 300whp with 100% reliability, 100% driveability, and 100% happiness.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah search, but imo just using the k&n drop in filter with the stock box is the best way to go and you will always lose power with an intake if your car is not tuned for it.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I can't even respond to this crap. Is this a nightmare? Is this reality? How in the freakin world can people ask these questions with a straight face? How many threads is this now with the same crap, and he acts like he's the only one to ever deal with these same issues. Unbelievable...

Then, he edited his post to fix spelling, but he still has basic words misspelled all over the place. It's so discouraging to see the same idiocy over and over and over.

Listen, man, sell the HKS intake, don't bother getting another intake, recirculate your BOV, get an MBC, get a tune (flash), and complete your exhaust (I assume that's a cat-back). The result will be at least 300whp with 100% reliability, 100% driveability, and 100% happiness.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

I'd hate **** anyone off again but whats an MBC
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:24 PM

Manual Boost Controller - It controls on how much boost your turbo pushes. Your stock turbo can push up to 22psi ( pounds per square inch ). Most people control there turbo at 21 to 21.5 psi.

Don't worry about those other guys, they are just giving you sh@!. I do recommend you doing a little research like they said though. It will prevent people from ******* you like that and it will help you learn about your Evo. So next time you can at least act like you know what you are talking about. You can find anything on EvoM.

Mike

PS if you have any questions and feel embarrased PM me and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The stock turbo can push far more than 22psi, so don't mislead anyone. You just don't want to run more than that on pump gas...
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:29 PM

oh yeah, Im in the process of Warrtalon said to do. Sell my intake and BOV put it toward an exhaust and instead of MBC going with a Electronic Boost controller. The stock intake is good to 400whp.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:34 PM

thats what I meant...sorry
Old Nov 17, 2005, 03:53 PM
Account Disabled

hey, Warrtalon, i like your style.
keep up the good work.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dude you sound like you need a vacation!
Originally Posted by Warrtalon

Old Nov 17, 2005, 04:18 PM
Account Disabled

its, sometimes, kind of funny to watch someone just before meltdown.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor

hey warr, did you like the other guy from last night.. i tend to think this is 1 person making these threads to really get us going... so thats why its time for you and me to take a break again... youre getting how i was, the last time you got warned... i cant do this anymore...