Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur catback with non-Buschur HFC?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur catback with non-Buschur HFC?

I have a Helix 3'' HFC already and I am thinking about the Buschur Catback w/Magnaflow, however that system is made to slip fit to that side of the cat, and the helix(like most) have the flanges. Is there a version of the BR catback w/ flanges to connect to a 3'' HFC? I know there is the SCCA version but there appears to be a taper in that adapter going to the stock cat, and with the 3" HFC that would be a bottleneck. Anyone running a BR exhaust with an aftermarket cat NOT made by Buschur?

Thanks in advance.

Dan
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:24 PM

bump.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

I have the same problem....Helix Hi flow Cat and Bushur cat back with magna flow....

The problem is that Bushur wants you to buy his hi flow cat and the downpipe..."Its a package deal". When I bought his turbo back, I thought that for 480$ the cat end of the pipe would have a 3" flange welded .......but no flange was found! WTF?

I called them back and explained the probelm. Their response was "We will sell you a 3 inch flange for $40 plus shipping and you can ship the pipe back at your expense so we can weld the flange on". So I bought the flange(so far 530$ for cat back).Now I have to put the exaust on, meashure/mark the flange positioning, and bring it to a muffler shop to have it welded(more $$$$). At this point I am debating if I should just sell the Bushur exhaust on E-bay and get a turbo back that is compatible with other Hi flow cats.

There is a lesson to be learned here....The "brand" name($$$) does not necessarily come with quality. In my opinion, go with a Megan exhaust or Titanium from Helix. Your life will be a LOT easier......
Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:10 PM

Hmmm...yeah I dont know now. I bought the Helix HFC thinking it would be compatible with any catback. The only reason I bought the HFC first was b/c I couldnt decide which catback I wanted and I had read good things about the Helix HFC regarding flow and no cel's. I have not put anything on my car yet though, so I dont know what to do. I was thinking the BR w/ Magnaflow cuz it is somewhat quiet....but what I really want is something that is not too loud while cruising and thats it...it can be loud as $hit any other time, but on long trips I dont want something that drones. So many catbacks to choose from...
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Go with something with a silencer..like a Megan catback..cheap300.00$. You can screw in the silencer when you want quiet, take it out when you feel like being loud....
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

I can sell you my Bushur if you want.....
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:08 PM

I thought about the Helix Catback, but it seems those had some fitment issues and people are waiting for the new version. Is it true that the Megan has fitment issues as well for the 05s?

So your selling the Buschur and getting a Megan?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

If I knew what effort it would take to make the Bushur catback work with a non-bushur cat, I would have picked a different cat back..Ex.Megan.

Meagan costs $300 vs Bushur $500(plus cost of modificcation=650$)

I think I made a mistake buying the Bushur.....

If I were you ..go with a Megan downpipe+helix Cat+and Megan turbo back.

No fitment issues, half price.....and LESS work.

You will more than likley gain more HP since the Helix is a very high flowing cat and is built better. And I heard it will not give you a Engine/cel light.
If you want Bushur, you will have to go with his complete system including cat (more than 800$)....if you want to avoid "fitment" issues...
BTW I have not heard of any fitment issues with the Megan on 05 Evo's...

Good Luck