Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car boosting OVER 2.0 BAR , PLease Help me

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Besides the explanation I gave you about the boost line being unplugged there are a couple of things that also could happen:

1) your actuator rod is very dry and rusted
2) your actuator rod got slighty bent during the collision repair

Search again for cut/broken boost/vacuum lines, you might not see the leak or the boost line unplug.

Also your solenoid could be bad/faulty as well. You could t-shoot your system with a boost controller, that is assuming you don't have a bad actuator.

By the way, I suggest you consider doing the diagnosis ASAP. I have melted the pistons on my Eclipses twice, put a hole in a piston once and again destroyed the stock turbo on a Eclipse by oveerboosting for having an unplug line.

I was lucky my turbo breakdown happened on the exhaust side, the turbine simply desintegrated in the exhaust breaking the shaft.

On my 91 Dodge stealth I completly destroyed both turbos once by overboosting them as well.

Be very very carefull, you have potential for breaking turbo and engine.

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 19, 2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the tips... I did also find that the actuator removed was a lil rusty, but nothing bad at all... but now with the new actuator... the car is fine...