Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car boosting OVER 2.0 BAR , PLease Help me

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car boosting OVER 2.0 BAR , PLease Help me

Hi guys...
I am in dying need of some Malibu Jack help, or any other master Tech out here. here is the story... Got my car bacck from the Body shop today, after a minor front and rear collison with the Center Diverd on FWY.... the car is running fine, but is totoally OVERBOOSTING now.... Nothing has changed since I got it back. Same after market parts, HKS Exhasut, UR Downpipe, Helix Upper and lower IC piping, Cat Delete, HKS Intake, and Greddy Type-s BOV... Again all these parts were on for almost a year with out any overboosting problems.... Not after the accident....

So my Question is this

What Could I have damaged on the EVO that can cauase SEVERE OVERbOOSTING like this?

Could it be a Damaged Turbo?

Could I have Damaged the BOV?

I am not good with Diagnosing the EVO, so if anyone can just point me in the Right direction as where I can have the Shop or myself start looking?

Please HELP, I am afraid that I could have ruined the EVO by overboosting so HIGH....
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe a bad solenoid..so your car is boosting 28+ psi?
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Thats what you get for not showing up to the thousand Oaks meets Pete.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

LOL...Thanks Sam.... I am FREAKING guys... ok so bad Solnoid....

Somthign else I forgot to add, was that crash was bad enough to have the Intercooler replaced.... Maybe that can help the techs.... Comon Sam what to you think

Anyone HELP...... (this sucks)

If that is what +2.0 bar means... and it does it with ease.. not like its creeping.. The thing to is that I have never even had a boost leak. So I am very clueless on this matter
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

It is probably just a hose either not hooked up or in the wrong spot. If you want to come by my house in TO tomorrow PM me with your number.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

possibly bent wastegate acutator. if the rod is bend and it's sticking closed or jammed, the boost will be VERY high and uncontrollable.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:17 PM
Former Sponsor

i second the wastegate actuator. it's ****ed and not opening your wastegate. thus, turbo spins to infinity and beyond!!!!!

might wanna check the vacuum lines to it though (thats easy to do). not sure on the evo actuator, but when the line came off on my tial gate on more then a few occasions i would see astronomical boost levels in my little 'ol porsche.

Last edited by KevinD; Dec 9, 2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys will headed to scotts house for proper diagnosis.....all your suggestions will be mentioned
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I third on the wastegate, sounds like its damaged..
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If any of the boost/vacuum lines is unplug you will also see full boost.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

when the wastegate line is detached from the boost controller device, EBC, MBC.......wastegate will not open and turbo will boost to the max.
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
If any of the boost/vacuum lines is unplug you will also see full boost.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

OK Just came back from blak94gsx's house and he confirmed that the actuater is bent and is most likely the culprit. He also noted that all other Lines seem to be connected correctly. So I will take the car in to the Shop on Monday and tell them my findings and have it replaced under insurance. I will keep everyone posted on this matter. Thanks Scott, without your expertertise, I would be freaking out the rest of the weekend.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Since insurance is covering it upgrade to a Forge unit. I bet its even cheaper than the original one from the dealer.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Dam i wish I would have read this post before the shop went ahead and orderd the stock part... O well, Now i need a shop to install this baby for me... Has anyone ever used Dynamic design..
Old Dec 19, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

OK guys, I had the shop install the new Wastgate Actuater and guess what............THE PROBLEM IS FIXED..................yipppee.....Wow what a monkey of my back... I want to first and formost thank Scott, (BLAK94GSX), as he was the oned that offered to Diagnose it for me, and was right and did not give me any BS about this or that... he told me the problem, shod me the problem and confirmed the problem..... All I had to do was get the part and have a shop install it...... I followed his instructions and all worked out... I next want to thank all the others who gave there suggestions on here as well, as most of you guys were also RIGHT on pointing out the issue and you guys did not even look at the car... If it was not for you Evom.net and all the good people on here, I would have no idea were I would be woth this car and how much money I would spend on just trying to get my issues Diagnosed..... Thanks guys