Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

MSD DIS-2 Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MSD DIS-2 Launch Control

So who wants to start a poll on how long my diff will last

http://72.41.83.159/video/msd-ignition-retard.wmv
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

2nd person to show us this without actually launching. Bah, I guess I'll have to just go take a vid of me launching with the Dynoflash launch control.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
2nd person to show us this without actually launching. Bah, I guess I'll have to just go take a vid of me launching with the Dynoflash launch control.
holding a camera and launch would be toughtlet me see if i can get a friend to be with me tonight. but as you can see i let the car idle after not like the other guy who cut the video off really quickly. if done wrong the car will just instantly stall after from being so rich
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

btw this is nothing like the dynoflash launch control. This is basically anti-lag setup for launching. I have launched a ton of times with what dynoflash is going to begin to offer.

http://72.41.83.159/video/msd-lc-noretard.wmv
http://72.41.83.159/video/moroso-12-16-05.wmv
http://72.41.83.159/video/hialeah-12-17-05.wmv

Listen to the launch on those videos...

AL will not be offering anything close to this as far as I know. When I am done with all my testing I should be able launch and shift and still maintain 15+lbs of boost. All this while still on the stock ecu, jestr reflash, and maftpro
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

I was just talking about launching, not NLTS. I have a 2-step at 6k rpm that builds 10-12lbs of boost, and then allows me to launch more consistently and harder than ever before. Unfortunately, I can't go prove (or disprove) the improvement in 60' until the tracks re-open.

It works pretty well so far and is all I need. I NLTS the 2-3 and 3-4 anyway, but I don't plan on doing the 1-2.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

I was just talking about launching, not NLTS. I have a 2-step at 6k rpm that builds 10-12lbs of boost, and then allows me to launch more consistently and harder than ever before. Unfortunately, I can't go prove (or disprove) the improvement in 60' until the tracks re-open.

It works pretty well so far and is all I need. I NLTS the 2-3 and 3-4 anyway, but I don't plan on doing the 1-2.
I am talking about launching... did you see the videos? I have had a launch control setup for atleast 2 months. The first video is my latest creation with 15 degrees of retard that allows boost to peak at 20psi.

Your 100% incorrect in that statement by the way. First this is NOT what AL will be offering. Also I have been using something similar to what AL will offer for a while now with the MSD. Of course I posted the videos to back it up as well but I guess you can't tell the difference...
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, I watched the videos, but no, I don't see any differences. I just saw the difference in boost and rpm being built, if that's what you meant. I did not see any positive occurences in the launches themselves. You haven't had enough chances to practice it and show what it can accomplish.

I'm incorrect? I really don't know what you're talking about now. I never said that the Dynoflash launch control that is NOW BEING USED by many people like myself (it's not in the future; it's already released) is the same as what you're doing. I'm just saying it's launch control at a preset rpm with boost being built in excess of 10psi. Your video shows launch control kicking in around 6k rpm and around 14-15psi (1 bar). What part was incorrect? I'm confused, because it is working better than my previous method, and that method gave me 1.66 60's.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Do you not hear the explosions??? This is a antilag system not a simple ignition or fuel cut. This is different to what I was using at the strip and at the autox. I have not yet used this at any event because I was going very rich when I launched which caused a bog. I figured the problems tonight and corrected it. Anti-lag and AL's Launch Control is different. This is what I will be using from now on to launch the car which should produce a better launch.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Ok. Perhaps this was obvious to others, but to me, it's just a bunch of random popping noises and no launch to show the benefits. Just my ignorance; I apologize. Look forward to seeing your 1.5 or low 1.6 60's if this is so much better than what I'll be using.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

That is a bit more than 1 kg/cm... I just feathered the throttle so it didn't stay pegged at 2 kg/cm. I don't like keeping it pegged at 2 kg/cm unless I will actually launch.