Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RNR, Full Race and Ebay 02 housing testing by Buschur Racing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark S
Dave I think trying for 5min then making this post is a bit poor,
You should have tested all the units you are going to and then speak to the people concernd then made a post.

Mark

Then do ur own test man its annoyin when people come on critizing, if its a problem do ur own test
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Looks to me like the real winner in the test is the stock, cast exhaust manifold that makes the same power, is legal, and will last forever.
My thoughts exactly. Makes me even more excited about the other thread I started showing the awesome stock ported/coated parts I received from Dave today.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great test Dave.

Have a safe holiday!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlunchbox
Great test Dave.

Have a safe holiday!
+1
Oh yeah, thanks for the test DB.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Uh, hmmm, crap, what to do now? Here it goes.....haha.

Just tested that EBAY crap. Well guess what, it isn't such crap. Damn it, I hate to even post this! haha

That darn O2 housing actually works! I cannot believe how much the car picked up. It really opened up the exhaust flow. I have the high boost actuator on the car with the boost controller turned down all the way. Boost has been 21-22 psi peak. Well we threw the EBAY O2 housing on the car and the boost picked up to 22.8 psi. There must have been more restriction there than I thought. Not a huge gain but some. The gain was in the HP and Torque. It is almost not believable. The Full Race header is still on the car. We are swapping it back off right now to put the ported manifold back on. It will be interesting to see if the restriction in the 02 housing helps the header flow more or will help the manifold too.

Below is the dyno graph. It's pretty amazing. This is on PUMP GAS and has been all day! The car gained 13 whp and 12 ft lbs of torque.

This is a part I have absolutely NOTHING to gain by saying it works. I can sell the RNR stuff I can sell the Full Race stuff but I can't sell these! Damn it! haha

The truth is the truth, I don't lie about testing and I don't fudge results. This is wether I can profit from it or not.

I just hope a part like this doesn't crack and break as I would think it can't last as thin as it is. Sure makes some impressive gains in power.

Increase from 3900 rpm to 7,000 rpm. The increase in boost is probably most of the cause but I CAN NOT decrease the boost level more than it is. The boost control is backed off all the way and it is running on the actuator only. Inteteresting fact is the knock count did not increase at all with the increase in boost.

Enjoy and stand by for one more manifold test. This freaking header is HOT HOT HOT. Tough getting it off the car.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks again for all the testing Dave.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that's amazing. I guess the real question, as you stated, is will this O2 housing stand the test of time and not crack.

One other clarification, Dave, were you previously using a stock ported/coated Buschur O2 housing just like the manifold? You had only been talking about the manifold being ported/coated before, but I'm assuming this whole time you had the ported/coated stock O2 housing on as well, which was replaced by the untouched Ebay O2.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

I would now retest the manifolds as you have now found a restriction you didnt know you had, That includes your own one so to be fare.

Mark
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Nice findings!

So Dave does this mean you will be porting the stock o2's even more or even making your own o2 housing? I'm sure there'd be a market for this.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Next pull wasn't better. With the boost being equal to the manifold the power was down. Low/end midrange of the graph was the same but once the boost hit 21-22 psi the car knocked and pulled timing/added fuel.

NO, the RNR header does NOT cause knock. I would not agree with that at all. The header is fine. The extra knock I got was from turning up the boost another two turns to try to equalize it for the test. I don't think the actual header had anything at all to do with it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
So you could run 21-22psi with the stock ported and coated manifold with no knock issues, but then when you tried to run the same boost with the RnR manifold the car knocked.

Is that correct?

Last edited by BadazzCR; Dec 23, 2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mark S
Dave I think trying for 5min then making this post is a bit poor,
You should have tested all the units you are going to and then speak to the people concernd then made a post.

Mark

I once spent an entire day trying to call RNR. At least every half hour I got a busy signal, it never once actually "rang".

Not bashing RNR, just stating.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

RnR please chime in...reputation at stake.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

First, yes,the turbine housing for all this testing has been a single flapper 10.5 ported and coated and the 02 housing has been our ported/coated unit.

Second, we already pulled a 02 housing off the shelf to try to make larger than we have been. I am worried that making the casting too thin will cause it to fail and crach eventually, that is why they aren't larger than they are already. There is a point that you cross on things like that that could come back to haunt you. We will be testing a new housing next week though to see if we can enlarge it enough.

We already swapped the manifold back on. Did three pulls. No tuning changes. The boost is also up, as matter of fact it now hit 23.00 for an instant. So the O2 housing was for sure a restriction in the system.

The new dyno chart is below. Spool up for the Full Race header compared to the Ported/coated manifold is still identical. After 5300 rpm the Full Race header makes more power than the stock ported/coated manifold. The difference isn't huge, the header is now 4.1 more whp and 3.2 ft lbs. It was consistent on both runs though so it is a gain for sure.

That's it. 6 pm, we are closed and going home for Christmas. This will conclude our header testing. We cancelled the order on the other header, DC Sports, that we were going to test. I want my car together, I have other things to do to the car and test.

If the RNR header was easier to install I would give it another shot. Bottom line is the gains stayed consistent no matter what combination was tested so I don't see the minor loss in low/mid range with the RNR header to improve and power up top, while it may increase still shouldn't exceed the manifold as it didn't before. In other words, don't cry, I'm not re-testing it

Our ported 02 housing I will test again as it is something I think we can improve and we do sell quite a few of them. I'm honest but I'm not stupid

You all have a great Christmas!!

There's the sheet.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 23, 2005, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

badazz, yes, what you said is correct or so it seemed.

RNR's reputation isn't at stake. I don't feel what I reported was derogatory at all. The nothing gained much for power except for that darn Ebay part that none of us vendors sell!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 23, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

badazz, yes, what you said is correct or so it seemed.

RNR's reputation isn't at stake. I don't feel what I reported was derogatory at all. The nothing gained much for power except for that darn Ebay part that none of us vendors sell!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Dave,

I can see everyone flocking to ebay to buy this piece .

Have a Merry Xmas as well.

Quick Reply: RNR, Full Race and Ebay 02 housing testing by Buschur Racing