Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TILTON C/C vs EXEDY TRIPPLE CARBON

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
The only thing tough is driving a ACT back to back with a Tilton or twindisc unit. I just jumped out of a twindisc car and into an ACT Evo. Now that is hard to get used to.
Why exactly you did that. The twin disc dont last you or it was some tecn. difficulties involved???

Which brand??? RPS Perhaps???lol.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Can we have a short run down of problems people have encountered with the RPS twin carbon? We have the twin carbon in our car and several other customer cars. I just want to see what others have experienced. We are considering trying something else out for a while this year.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JVELA
This guy doesn't own an Evo with an ACT EXTREME clutch. I do and my car is a daily driver and take traffic jam of an hour everyday. No problem with this clutch, the preasure is something that you can deal with it not a problem.
True, but I do own a 600whp Talon with a 2600lb ACT , does hold the power but can't stand the daily driving in traffic!
Drove a 650hp IS300 with a Tilton c/c ....... Heaven
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

No doubt that the Tilton is easier on the pedal clutch, but the ACT isn't that hard. You can deal with it.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Can we have a short run down of problems people have encountered with the RPS twin carbon? We have the twin carbon in our car and several other customer cars. I just want to see what others have experienced. We are considering trying something else out for a while this year.
I had one that wore out in 3000 miles with 2.2lt and GT35r, Bedded it in as they said and the first time after 500mile it slipped a little,
They fixed it under warrenty and said I had instaled it wrong when I said I had not they never replied,
The new one had full grip from 5miles and not had any problems yet, Not sure on the miles at the moment,
I to am looking to try something else next.

Mark
Old Jan 8, 2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mark S
I had one that wore out in 3000 miles with 2.2lt and GT35r, Bedded it in as they said and the first time after 500mile it slipped a little,
They fixed it under warrenty and said I had instaled it wrong when I said I had not they never replied,
The new one had full grip from 5miles and not had any problems yet, Not sure on the miles at the moment,
I to am looking to try something else next.

Mark

Well in my case, i got frustated with this clutch. Deffinettely im going to try something new.

I bought the ACT XT 6xs with the ACT prolyte flywheel. I really dont know if i never got the RPS installed properly or something, the clutch is almost new, only 500km, but my facts are that it never worked for me.

Lets see what happens with the ACT combo now. ACT Man, I will maintain you updated.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

im getting an act after my twin is gone my friend chuco (j_vela) runs 10s with one on his daily driver
Old Jan 8, 2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by evo_08
im getting an act after my twin is gone my friend chuco (j_vela) runs 10s with one on his daily driver
Thats right mi amigo. Nobody is running hell fast with the rps, that is a fact. And beside that is very difficult to shift the gears in higher revs because the clutch is too heavy.

ACT is prooven to work. Turbo Trix, etc.