Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Touchy Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touchy Clutch?

Hello everyone, real quick for all those that say "do a search" just do me a favor don't reply and just don't read this ok? Thanks.......anyway. I am realizing that my EVO IX seems to be harder to launch than my VIII was. Not sure why I can't figure it out. I had no trouble launching my VIII and now, I either bog the IX down, or get a stinky clutch. What is also strange, is the clutch stinch is a different smell than my VIII's too. Maybe they changed materials? Not sure, but even my wife noticed it smelled different. Its definately the clutch, but just a different smell. I must admit, this is one hell of a car to launch right. I am not totally in tune with the AWD setup yet since I have not driven a EVO for over 2 yrs..but even then I wasn't no pro at at for sure. I don't plan on doing any drag racing in this car, not even, just would like to SOLO II with it sometime. I just am having a really hard time findint the sweet spot on this car....It seemed with the VIII the turbo kicked in at a a certain RPM and you could kinda judge it better, but now, on the IX, its just so linear, and gradual, that it really makes it hard for me. I just don't want to fry a clutch in the damn thing. Anyway, just for ****s and giggles my buddies at work, one owns a Mercedes Benz E430 2 door, and the other has a 99 BMW M3. They could not even get close to me, and they both told me they tried their hardest to gain up on me, but I just kept pulling away. Man that makes me smile........haha..........Well, anyway, if anyone has any tips, especially those that own the IX's let me know what you guys and gals are doing, and what works for you.......Did I mention the brakes are fricken AWESOME on this car.......Damn I forgot how good these brakes are......anyway, talk to you later.............Jeff