Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing 20G-9 Dyno charts. Pump gas and race gas.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
30whp lower
i think it was closer to 40whp, not sure tho, there is a popular thread out there..
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Hey David,

How come the weight on this dynosheet done last week is 3625 and yours up top is 3166? Is it because your RS weighs 2900 lbs?

and yours from post #1:

Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Please don't turn this thread into another DynoJet vs Mustang Dyno comparison thread. If you want more info, search.

None the less, good info David... that setup would absolutely be a blast to drive on the streets daily.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ yes...
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
Please don't turn this thread into another DynoJet vs Mustang Dyno comparison thread. If you want more info, search.

None the less, good info David... that setup would absolutely be a blast to drive on the streets daily.
I agree and if people read the post i posted about his car in detail, they would know why his car weighs ONLY 2900 lbs.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
40 Well in that case, time to start putting some scratch away
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
40 Well in that case, time to start putting some scratch away
More like 50 -60whp more form a dynojet .
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
We don't want this thread to turn into another dyno thread. Stay on topic. If you want ask Dave via PM or in the other threads he posted. He will be more than happy to answer your question.
Another dyno thread? The thread is called "Buschur Racing 20G-9 Dyno charts"!

Isn't this good knowledge for the public to know that if they have a lighter car and they want to dyno it they should change the weights on the dyno machine? Hell I would want to know that. Which is why I am asking.

Here is my question to Buschur:

If you have a lighter than normal evo 8, should the mustang dyno operator change the weight on the machine, and to what? Should it match the exact weight or is there a dyno lookup table for a certain car weight?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
More like 50 -60whp more form a dynojet .
+1
Old Jan 13, 2006, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
4-BNGR, you deserve a 3-day timeout for that drivel. I don't see how you could be so ignorant as not to know how Dave's dyno reads. It's not like he doesn't own both Evo General and Evo Engine/Drivetrain/Turbo and posts dyno threads all the time showing how much lower his reads than anything else. Even saying that it reads 40whp lower is EXTREMELY conservative. He just showed a week or two ago how a nearly-stock Evo IX put down 218whp on his dyno and 281whp on Switzer's Dynojet. that right there is a difference of 63whp, but we aren't even sure if it's a linear difference as you raise the power. If it's a percentage basis, then 393whp on Buschur's MD will be closer to 500whp on a Dynojet. Remember that this car that dyno'd went 124mph in the 1/4-mile at 330whp and now it's 60whp higher! If it traps 130whp, that's also equivalent to 500whp or so on a Dynojet. Please try to catch up with the times!

Grrr, razorlab. I think you already know why the weight is so low, but that's not the real point. Dave already showed that when manipulating the weights and HP@50MPH, the difference in dyno readings varies by no more than 10whp. The setting that REALLY affects MD readings is the roll weight, which is an internal setting that can't be done at the user GUI level.

The torque peaks later because of the high boost. Notice the pump gas run of 25psi hits peak torque at 4000rpm. That's only 2-300rpm later than my 05 hits peak torque at 21psi in 3rd on a Dynojet.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jan 13, 2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

Grrr, razorlab. I think you already know why the weight is so low, but that's not the real point. Dave already showed that when manipulating the weights and HP@50MPH, the difference in dyno readings varies by no more than 10whp. The setting that REALLY affects MD readings is the roll weight, which is an internal setting that can't be done at the user GUI level.
Why Grrr??? I was asking a normal question. You answered part of it. Now I just want to know the reasoning behind changing the weight value between his RS and other Evos. If something like that needs to be done for lighter cars on mustang dynos I want to know.

The torque peaks later because of the high boost. Notice the pump gas run of 25psi hits peak torque at 4000rpm. That's only 2-300rpm later than my 05 hits peak torque at 21psi in 3rd on a Dynojet.
Actually the base run graph (pump gas) is saying max torque @ 5000rpm and max power at 5500rpm for the pump gas one. I was just wondering why the torque peaks so much higher than normal evos that peak around 3750 to 4000rpm. That's a full 1000rpm difference. My car at 25psi hit peak torque at 4000rpm on a mustang dyno. I was just wondering if he has the car setup that way for a reason or it was because of what he has on the car or what.

Are we both looking at different graphs or something?

Last edited by razorlab; Jan 13, 2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

No, we're looking at the same chart, but you're just looking at the numbers instead of the graph. If you look at the graph, the turbo hits full boost at 4k on pump (25psi) and around 4500 on race gas (28psi). yeah, due to the nature of this turbo which is larger than ours, it doesn't just hit a quick torque spike then fall. It actually hits full boost then goes flat across - with even a slight increase, thus the later "peak torque." Normally, with our 16gs, peak torque occurs at the moment of the boost spike, but on this turbo it occurs later.

So, are you really just worried about where the chart says torque peaks or how long it takes the turbo to spool? Generally, when we toss around "peak torque is @ xxxxRPM," it's because we're really referring to where the turbo hits full boost. If your question is different, then I misunderstood.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:14 PM
EvoM Guru

No, we're looking at the same chart, but you're just looking at the numbers instead of the graph. If you look at the graph, the turbo hits full boost at 4k on pump (25psi) and around 4500 on race gas (28psi).

So, are you really just worried about where the chart says torque peaks or how long it takes the turbo to spool? Generally, when we toss around "peak torque is @ xxxxRPM," it's because we're really referring to where the turbo hits full boost. If your question is different, then I misunderstood.
Yea I know the difference between full boost and peak torque. And I was looking at both the curves and the readout.

I think you answered my question here:

It actually hits full boost then goes flat across - with even a slight increase, thus the later "peak torque." Normally, with our 16gs, peak torque occurs at the moment of the boost spike, but on this turbo it occurs later.
I would be interested to see other cars dyno with this 20G-9 turbo and see if the same thing happens.

Now, why the earlier peak HP? I thought you said something earlier about the ported head and 280's out flowing the smaller turbo, that seems like a good theory. Wonder if that is the reason.

I just never noticed anything like these curves on DSM's with 20Gs (Yes I know the hotsides where much smaller than the EVO 20G) or with FP Greens.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Now, why the earlier peak HP? I thought you said something earlier about the ported head and 280's out flowing the smaller turbo, that seems like a good theory. Wonder if that is the reason.
Yeah, I commented on that, but I'm admittedly way out of my league with this stuff. I've never done anything with anymore than the stock 16g I have now, so I don't need to be speculating on ported head flow, 280s, and turbo efficiencies at 27psi, etc., heh. It was the first thing that came to mind, though, when I saw how the HP peaked way earlier than we're used to seeing...
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Why Grrr??? I was asking a normal question. You answered part of it. Now I just want to know the reasoning behind changing the weight value between his RS and other Evos. If something like that needs to be done for lighter cars on mustang dynos I want to know.

Actually the base run graph (pump gas) is saying max torque @ 5000rpm and max power at 5500rpm for the pump gas one. I was just wondering why the torque peaks so much higher than normal evos that peak around 3750 to 4000rpm. That's a full 1000rpm difference. My car at 25psi hit peak torque at 4000rpm on a mustang dyno. I was just wondering if he has the car setup that way for a reason or it was because of what he has on the car or what.

Are we both looking at different graphs or something?
I would bet the reason it happens latter is b/c that is a "real" number and not a number caused by the BC overshooting it's set pressure. Dave is (I think) using the AEM to control boost and somewhere here he showed how there is no overshoot with the AEM, just a nice flat boost line.

If the head is done properly it can help flow everywhere, as in lower valve lift not just rpm. If you can reduce restriction in the intake track and up to the turbo without increasing volume to much you will move more air at a lower psi. Its air volume you want through a motor not psi.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing 20G-9 Dyno charts. Pump gas and race gas.