Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing 20G-9 Dyno charts. Pump gas and race gas.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well great number, but what are the supporting mods beside the 20g are on the RS??
Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

If Dave Buschur is saying this turbo is worth ~30whp over a stock 10.5 VIII turbo, then I don't see how this turbo could put out 500whp on a dynojet....

Has there been any stock turbo that has put out much more than 430whp on a 4wd dynojet? The highest I recall is Curt Brown's 424 or so.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by vboy425
well great number, but what are the supporting mods beside the 20g are on the RS??
This was stated earlier in the thread, read back a couple pages.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
If Dave Buschur is saying this turbo is worth ~30whp over a stock 10.5 VIII turbo, then I don't see how this turbo could put out 500whp on a dynojet....

Has there been any stock turbo that has put out much more than 430whp on a 4wd dynojet? The highest I recall is Curt Brown's 424 or so.
No, that's pretty much the extreme limit on the stock turbo. If the 20g9 is only capable of 30whp over the stocker, then it's extreme limit would be 460 or so, I guess. Dave is not trying to blow it out of proportion or anything as you can see by that 30whp statement. We will just have to see how these things do on a Dynojet. We already know the IX turbos put out about 30whp more than the VIII turbos, so I would expect all those gains and then more from the 20g wheel.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No, that's pretty much the extreme limit on the stock turbo. If the 20g9 is only capable of 30whp over the stocker, then it's extreme limit would be 460 or so, I guess. Dave is not trying to blow it out of proportion or anything as you can see by that 30whp statement. We will just have to see how these things do on a Dynojet. We already know the IX turbos put out about 30whp more than the VIII turbos, so I would expect all those gains and then more from the 20g wheel.
Actually, IMHO, Dave more often blows expectations out of proportion and backs off less often. Just read the couple of threads where he continually repeats 20g 8 at 328whp = 124mph. Then look at his 500whp on a dynojet statements. It took me nipping at his ankles before he reminded everyone of just how extensively his RS has been modified.

Also, have you seen Evom member Creamo3's signature? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/members/9726-creamo3.html
Are those dyno #'s from Al's tune with the 20g? That was on race fuel at 26psi.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jan 14, 2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Actually, IMHO, Dave routinely blows expectations out of proportion and only backs off once in a while. Just read the couple of threads where he continually repeats 20g 8 at 328whp = 124mph. Then look at his 500whp on a dynojet statements. It took me nipping at his ankles before he reminded everyone of just how extensively his RS has been modified.

Also, have you seen Evom member Creamo3's signature? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/members/9726-creamo3.html
Are those dyno #'s from Al's tune with the 20g? Was type of fuel was that tune on. If it was on 91, 93, or 94, that is pretty good.
Ok, Smoggy, if you say so. I saw Dave say he didn't really believe his car would dyno 500whp on a Dynojet at first, but since then, he's gotten excited that it might do so.

I don't know anything about Creamo. I do know that's not a 20g-9.

Dave has tried to remind us how modified his RS is more times than I can remember...
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Ok, Smoggy, if you say so. I saw Dave say he didn't really believe his car would dyno 500whp on a Dynojet at first, but since then, he's gotten excited that it might do so.

I don't know anything about Creamo. I do know that's not a 20g-9

Dave has tried to remind us how modified his RS is more times than I can remember...
IIRC, Dave has said that the 20g-8 and 20g-9 make the same power but one doesn't surge
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all you guys are not looking at the real picture its his car and he said that the 9 makes more power and he think by comparing percentage that his car would be 500 on a dynojet but anyways hes comparing numbers and saying the basic ****, that the 20-g 9 turbo makes more power than the 20-g 8, alot more i think this turbo is well worth the money if you like the stock turbo, if i had the stock turbo i would def buy this thing cause i believe everthing the man said in his post. nice write up david.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
im sorry but i have to disagree with you, because a friend of mine was up there at the shootout and he made 329 on bushur's dyno then we have a friend that took his car to topspeed and had it tune and made 428, not long after both cars went to a dyno in mooresville nc and the car from bushur's dyno made 371 and the car from topspeed made 378 on the dyno in mooresville, that concurs about a 27 to 33 percent lost from bushurs dyno to a dynojet, like david said i think hes real close on his figures.
Learn how to do math! Where is there 27-33% variance in the mentioned Dyno numbers? Lets look at the first cars numbers: 329 vs. 371 and calculate 27 % to the 329 number. I get about (doing it in my head) 88 whp as being the suspected difference based off of the lowest 27% difference figure. Do u see an 88 whp discrepancy between Dynos? I don't and ur other example only gives substantiating evidence of the first cars inability to prove a 27% whp variance between dynos.

From ur comparison above, it supports Smoggy's claim that DB MD reads similar to Gruppe S, Full Function, and Vishnu's Dynos. Smoggy made 330 whp on Shiv's "Uranus Dyno" and 370 whp on a dynojet. See any similarities in the numbers? I do; and look at the post above about the guy whom said 380 whp on DB dyno equaled 450 whp on a DJ. Well I made 380-390 whp on Shiv's dyno and guess what i made 450-460 whp on a DJ. See any similarities between the numbers?

Last edited by IE Evo; Jan 15, 2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
all you guys are not looking at the real picture its his car and he said that the 9 makes more power and he think by comparing percentage that his car would be 500 on a dynojet but anyways hes comparing numbers and saying the basic ****, that the 20-g 9 turbo makes more power than the 20-g 8, alot more i think this turbo is well worth the money if you like the stock turbo, if i had the stock turbo i would def buy this thing cause i believe everthing the man said in his post. nice write up david.
U do not know how to quantify percentages.

IMO, If this 20G-9 can make 420 whp( DJ #s) on an Evo with basic bolt-ons; that would be great and worth it for many as a viable upgrade option. If it gets 450 whp that would be insane and the best possible turbo upgrade in history for the Evo.

My prediction is that an Evo 8 with all the BPUs and stock internals will likely push close to 400 whp on a DJ. Some might do a lil more, but from what I see in Dave's numbers, I feel that I am being optimistic. He has a FrankenEvo with more mods than most and based off of previous dyno comparisons he appears to be hovering around 400 whp on a DJ. Do the math and really compare the numbers between his dyno and other tuners dynos.

U will conclude that the variance in the numbers are exaggerated and 25-33% is absurd. Also lets forget about his 2800pnd RS trapping 124 mph with great no lift drivers at the helm. It only proves that David's RS is`light and his homies can drive.

The Hype on Evo M never ceases to amaze me and in the next couple months we will find out if this turbo upgrade is Hype or the real deal. I hope the Sheep(Guinea Pigs) are not mislead by their Shepard on this venture. We all remember the poor Sheep took one on the chin on the White Rabbit hype and the ATP 3071 debacle.I have been around long enough to see that there is alot of Koolaid being sold on Evo M and I am not drinking any until I see a 20G-9 put down some real world results outside of Ohio.

Last edited by IE Evo; Jan 15, 2006 at 01:54 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

i do know how to do math and i will find out if im right the 21 or the 28 when we go to topspeed but you got to think this out and know that david buschur knows what hes talking about when he said he thinks if the numbers are right that he made 513 on a dynojet. the man has been doing this for alot longer than any one on this board so i thinkhe knows what hes talking about, and yes my percents are not exactly right but like i said they are close, thats why i put 27-33 percent and not 30, and if my figures are right, then it will have prove nothing because u still stuck on that peice of dyno that shivs got and when david buschur goes down the track and runs his ten, u still wont shut up about the dyno being wrong. you dont know how this works and i dont know how this works but i do know that david knows what he talking about.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IE Evo
U do not know how to quantify percentages.

IMO, If this 20G-9 can make 420 whp( DJ #s) on an Evo with basic bolt-ons; that would be great and worth it for many as a viable upgrade option. If it gets 450 whp that would be insane and the best possible turbo upgrade in history for the Evo.

My prediction is that an Evo 8 with all the BPUs and stock internals will likely push close to 400 whp on a DJ. Some might do a lil more, but from what I see in Dave's numbers, I feel that I am being optimistic. He has a FrankenEvo with more mods than most and based off of previous dyno comparisons he appears to be hovering around 400 whp on a DJ. Do the math and really compare the numbers between his dyno and other tuners dynos.

U will conclude that the variance in the numbers are exaggerated and 25-33% is absurd. Also lets forget about his 2800pnd RS trapping 124 mph with great no lift drivers at the helm. It only proves that David's RS is`light and his homies can drive.

The Hype on Evo M never ceases to amaze me and in the next couple months we will find out if this turbo upgrade is Hype or the real deal. I hope the Sheep(Guinea Pigs) are not mislead by their Shepard on this venture. We all remember the poor Sheep took one on the chin on the White Rabbit hype and the ATP 3071 debacle.I have been around long enough to see that there is alot of Koolaid being sold on Evo M and I am not drinking any until I see a 20G-9 put down some real world results outside of Ohio.

and i was going from davids dyno comparing to 27to33 percent different than topspeeds dyno but i was useing the dyno in mooresville as a cross, the car that made 329 on bushurs dyno with a 27% gain will be 88 which should be around 417 on topspeeds dyno

the other car was a reference, from topspeed it made 42x and when it came to the dyno in mooresville it made 37x same tune as topspeed, so that shows you a lost in both places

now you do the math like i did and that shows about a 27to33 % lost from a dynojet to buschurs dyno to be exact its 27 in my book

in the end you still argue and nobody relizes that david is the one right
Old Jan 15, 2006, 07:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a 20G-8 but out of curiosity, aside from the surge that has been seen (Personally I haven't) what is the difference in the gains? Or did you stop testing the 20G-8 at this point and really have no ideas. My car has quite a bit of mods, and it was always pretty quick so its hard for me to tell and quantify the gains other than the seat of the pants feel. Not to mention I have a stainless coated header and stainless coated O2 housing. I do run exclusively pump gas, and 25psi of boost max. But in my area, all pump gas as 10% ethanol and that seems to do alot to allow me to tune the car way more aggressively than I've seen other cars tuned.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I thought this thread was to compare pump/race on the same dyno? It's really sad that almost every 20g-9 thread goes this way. I for one am going to start posting my useful info on Buschurs Forum. At least there people won't fling poop at it

"
The Hype on Evo M never ceases to amaze me and in the next couple months we will find out if this turbo upgrade is Hype or the real deal. I hope the Sheep(Guinea Pigs) are not mislead by their Shepard on this venture. We all remember the poor Sheep took one on the chin on the White Rabbit hype and the ATP 3071 debacle.I have been around long enough to see that there is alot of Koolaid being sold on Evo M and I am not drinking any until I see a 20G-9 put down some real world results outside of Ohio."

All of us that now have this turbo know for a fact it's not hype. Around Feb 2-4th a lot of results will be out. Also considering most tracks are closed for winter it's hard to show any results other than dyno sheets. I personally only have an 1/8th mile but at least I can show some improvment there.

I have my dynosheet with br stage 2.5.. so I will be interesting to see where I get to with this turbo and stage 4.

I dunno I'm just really tired of reading the same crap over and over...
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
I thought this thread was to compare pump/race on the same dyno? It's really sad that almost every 20g-9 thread goes this way. I for one am going to start posting my useful info on Buschurs Forum. At least there people won't fling poop at it

"
The Hype on Evo M never ceases to amaze me and in the next couple months we will find out if this turbo upgrade is Hype or the real deal. I hope the Sheep(Guinea Pigs) are not mislead by their Shepard on this venture. We all remember the poor Sheep took one on the chin on the White Rabbit hype and the ATP 3071 debacle.I have been around long enough to see that there is alot of Koolaid being sold on Evo M and I am not drinking any until I see a 20G-9 put down some real world results outside of Ohio."

All of us that now have this turbo know for a fact it's not hype. Around Feb 2-4th a lot of results will be out. Also considering most tracks are closed for winter it's hard to show any results other than dyno sheets. I personally only have an 1/8th mile but at least I can show some improvment there.

I have my dynosheet with br stage 2.5.. so I will be interesting to see where I get to with this turbo and stage 4.

I dunno I'm just really tired of reading the same crap over and over...
Yeah and this is the type of crap that I am tired of seeing.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=169883
What makes u think the new 20G-9 will be that much better than the latest fiasco. Why were the Sheep mislead in the first place. If the turbo had an issue why were they sold. I guess all the R&D never revealed any issues.

To tell u the truth I hope whis 20g-9 is the real deal. That would be great and it might get me back in the game in the near future. However, I am predicting lower than advertised performance with this upgrade. On these turbo upgrade threads, I have witnessed too much disappointment in the past. Good luck to all and I hope I am wrong.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing 20G-9 Dyno charts. Pump gas and race gas.