Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, i'm back.

There was a confusion.

no, i didn't say buschur made cheap exhaust (bad, poorly made), I said it was made cheaply (with less parts, less welding, etc) That doesn't mean cheap or poorly made.

I have your exhaust and it's slip joint with sheet metal clamp that holds and keeps the exhaust leak.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy megan or any other exhaust on the market, because I don't like sectional connectors hitting my driveshaft or scratching it. And that's a niche market. I'm still saying that it's a simple way to make exhaust, but that's not a bad thing. Obviously you don't use platinum to make exhaust, most of the exhaust is about the same. It's a cylinder that gets the exhaust gas out. Not very complicated.

But the point was how one person could assume things without using the products that they're personally bashing.

I have a friend who's got megan tbe, sounds good, looks good, didn't have any problems with it. And in his opinion, the little scratch on the driveshaft doens't bother him and he could buy his gf something nice with the money he saved.

and when you start blaming different country for making things cheaply without a legit proof or fact, that's very generalized and narrow perspective on how they form their opinion.

There is a time when you should support your country and when you shouldn't. That's patriotism. Just because you buy American parts, that doesn't make you a hero or any greater man then people who questions how the government is ran or question the way USA does international business.

There are a lot of crap everywhere from every different places. But that doesn't mean, just because it's from china it's automatically bad.

It's like saying, everything from german is made for **** party in mind or everything made in America's 10 times larger than all the other similar products, or everything from china or taiwan is crap, which isn't true.

I think these opinions, especially from a vendor on this site that should have some sort of self respect should provide a fair and un-bias testing to provide good information and facts to the owners, not narrow minded, bubble world, plastic opinion.

Just the fact that he said that may have clouded other people's judgement on the product that they've never even seen or tried it out for themselves.

If someone came in and said, Megan is horrible because this that and this, which there are few posts on this forum on it (rotted welding-environmental cause, manufacturer defect) then we could all obviously use that information to make judgement.

But when someone comes in and says "this sucks. It's just my opinon. I have no proof" then it just causes controversy and hate between the owners.

do you get my drift?

I appreciate it when someone like AMS or Buschur or TTP actually puts up hard fact data and tell us what they did to compare products (like BR's long post about how he tried different ways to make more power out of his exhaust), then I could really appreciate that and understand it clearly of what his intentions were without having to question myself on validity or the posters intentions.

ok, i said my peace, I'm not bashing anyone but trying to make sense of why people say the things they say.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gkania
I wonder if we could turn this into some kind of sport at Evo meets. Packing a beer can in the tailpipe and see who could shoot it the farthest!!!!
I am going to get a Foster's and shove it up the Megan muffler.

"Foster's, Austrailian for BEER! "

This whole test is ludicrous and I wonder how Al has everyone distracted with a stupid beer can test to venture away from the subject.

If a beer can is 2.5", what the heck does that prove that you can ram it in your tailpipe. You have me dizzy...

Now if you fit a Foster's in there, that would be something...
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by forbidden color
well, i'm back.
But the point was how one person could assume things without using the products that they're personally bashing.
Yea, I agree 100%. I was just ordered by a mod to stop name calling which I can understand may have been a little out of conduct in a normal conversation.

BUT

I find it funny how they would so quickly try to ban me when the whole point behind my posts was to show how much of a obvious lie everything he was saying about the product was. He gets by slandering other products to suit his needs and is not told to stop. I can understand if it was debatable but his posts on it were simply not true and all not based on actual proof.

I give up.

bryan
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

lol ttp it will probally fit with no problem
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bryans2k
Yea, I agree 100%. I was just ordered by a mod to stop name calling which I can understand may have been a little out of conduct in a normal conversation.

BUT

I find it funny how they would so quickly try to ban me when the whole point behind my posts was to show how much of a obvious lie everything he was saying about the product was. He gets by slandering other products to suit his needs and is not told to stop. I can understand if it was debatable but his posts on it were simply not true and all not based on actual proof.

I give up.

bryan
Its my opinion that I prefer made in USA exhuasts like the BR over made in china ones

I am not lying - its my opinion - if you disagree buy a china exhuast and have fun
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Its my opinion that I prefer made in USA exhuasts like the BR over made in china ones

I am not lying - its my opinion - if you disagree buy a china exhuast and have fun

That's fine but you made it a point to post information that was not true on a product. There is a difference between posting a preference and posting a lie.

bryan
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by forbidden color
well, i'm back.

There was a confusion.

no, i didn't say buschur made cheap exhaust (bad, poorly made), I said it was made cheaply (with less parts, less welding, etc) That doesn't mean cheap or poorly made.

I have your exhaust and it's slip joint with sheet metal clamp that holds and keeps the exhaust leak.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy megan or any other exhaust on the market, because I don't like sectional connectors hitting my driveshaft or scratching it. And that's a niche market. I'm still saying that it's a simple way to make exhaust, but that's not a bad thing. Obviously you don't use platinum to make exhaust, most of the exhaust is about the same. It's a cylinder that gets the exhaust gas out. Not very complicated.

I have a friend who's got megan tbe, sounds good, looks good, didn't have any problems with it. And in his opinion, the little scratch on the driveshaft doens't bother him and he could buy his gf something nice with the money he saved.

and when you start blaming different country for making things cheaply without a legit proof or fact, that's very generalized and narrow perspective on how they form their opinion.

There is a time when you should support your country and when you shouldn't. That's patriotism. Just because you buy American parts, that doesn't make you a hero or any greater man then people who questions how the government is ran or question the way USA does international business.

There are a lot of crap everywhere from every different places. But that doesn't mean, just because it's from china it's automatically bad.

It's like saying, everything from german is made for **** party in mind or everything made in America's 10 times larger than all the other similar products, or everything from china or taiwan is crap, which isn't true.

I think these opinions, especially from a vendor on this site that should have some sort of self respect should provide a fair and un-bias testing to provide good information and facts to the owners, not narrow minded, bubble world, plastic opinion.

Just the fact that he said that may have clouded other people's judgement on the product that they've never even seen or tried it out for themselves.

If someone came in and said, Megan is horrible because this that and this, which there are few posts on this forum on it (rotted welding-environmental cause, manufacturer defect) then we could all obviously use that information to make judgement.

But when someone comes in and says "this sucks. It's just my opinon. I have no proof" then it just causes controversy and hate between the owners.

do you get my drift?

I appreciate it when someone like AMS or Buschur or TTP actually puts up hard fact data and tell us what they did to compare products (like BR's long post about how he tried different ways to make more power out of his exhaust), then I could really appreciate that and understand it clearly of what his intentions were without having to question myself on validity or the posters intentions.

ok, i said my peace, I'm not bashing anyone but trying to make sense of why people say the things they say.

The wonderful thing about the USA is that everyone is entitled to his / her own view point and an opportunity to express it freely

In China they censor thoughts by elminating web sites they don't like and by arresting and tortuing people who diasgree with the governments view points

Actually on the front page of the Wall Street Journal was an article today about how China and others are trying to make a ALTERNATIVE internet so they can have more control over how ideas are expressed

If you and others think I am a dunb *** b/c I dont like China made exhuasts at least you are able to express that thought in the USA just as I am able to say that I like to buy US

Remember - BR is the ones who are always supporting the evo community with dyno testing and informative posting on this forum and by paying advetising fees here and answering tech questions

I dont see many Chinese companieson here providing customer support and tech info on their produicts

I could go on and on and on about why I don't like to see the proliferation of cheaper goods made overseas and our trade deficit growing and growing while the Chinese buy more and more of our future by owning our debt. For every 1 container of goods the US sends to China there are 20 headed back our way.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Foster's is still too small, if you cant fit a 1/4 keg in there, it sucks!!

Dynoflash's latest and greatest......... Air to Beer intercoolers anyone?

Latest studies show that beer has twice the cooling capacity of water!!!!! I read it on EVOm.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

I could go on and on and on about why I don't like to see the proliferation of cheaper goods made overseas and our trade deficit growing and growing while the Chinese buy more and more of our future by owning our debt. For every 1 container of goods the US sends to China there are 20 headed back our way.
I think it's a bit evened out considering there are thousands of US based companies exploiting small lesser developed countries to create goods for the US market and other overseas markets.

Clothing, food, household products, etc.

bryan
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:47 PM
Account Disabled

The wonderful thing about the USA is that everyone is entitled to his / her own view point and an opportunity to express it freely

In China they censor thoughts by elminating web sites they don't like and by arresting and tortuing people who diasgree with the governments view points

Actually on the front page of the Wall Street Journal was an article today about how China and others are trying to make a ALTERNATIVE internet so they can have more control over how ideas are expressed

If you and others think I am a dunb *** b/c I dont like China made exhuasts at least you are able to express that thought in the USA just as I am able to say that I like to buy US

Remember - BR is the ones who are always supporting the evo community with dyno testing and informative posting on this forum and by paying advetising fees here and answering tech questions

I dont see many Chinese companieson here providing customer support and tech info on their produicts

wonderful thing about US is that there are such Gag orders to have people sensored legally. Which is a good news for most of us.

Buschur does great work, i agree. Unlike some other vendors on this site that is all talk and no proof and I hope those vendors who trys to negotiate through puff of smoke should learn from good vendors like BR.

And yes, similar to some chinese companies, some vendors on this site doesn't answer members direct questions on this forums.

If I'm not mistaking, every 1 container of US goods that goes to China is the same or higher price than every 20 containers that comes back to US.

But then again, maybe I just have a boost leak on my head that's cluttering my thought tonight.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Everyone needs to move on before the entire thread goes under. Points made on both sides. You guys know the drill no name calling, profanity..deleting comes next!