Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me explain that I drive my car at college in upstate NY where its constantly snowing and always throughing salt down. So far the greddy evo2 has held up one winter perfectly, and on my suby after the megan I rocked a turbo xs and that also held up great after two winters upstate. I guess I should say that megan could be great but pending on weather conditions of the area.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by adx
Not necessarily selling out. It has been known that the Buschur exhausts tend to make a little more power. Whether it be the way things are precisely made, or just different materials.

Dont forget it is quite light! And besides, if a company was to sponsor you (whether its a discount, or free) why wouldnt you take advantage of it?
+1 to that, i would do the exact same thing
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

I guess that Measuring tape picture made "DynoFlash" realize a couple things
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
posting so-called "facts" without any tests or research is a no no....
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Sorry. I forgot to unlock this after the thread was split.
Where is the second half of the thread, I'm missing something
Old Jan 18, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adx
Not necessarily selling out. It has been known that the Buschur exhausts tend to make a little more power. Whether it be the way things are precisely made, or just different materials.

Dont forget it is quite light! And besides, if a company was to sponsor you (whether its a discount, or free) why wouldnt you take advantage of it?
Some other "well known" facts.

EvoM fact #1 Ebay 02 housings make no power.......Proven False
EvoM fact #2 Megan exhaust tapers to <3" in the muffler can.....Proven False
EvoM fact #3 Ebay headers make no power. If Buschur ported makes +10 hp over stock and ebay makes -4 hp than Buschur ported, you can do the math. Ebay headers make power. Proven False

Just to name a few.

As they are both 3" the only real way to flow more air would be if one had less bends in the piping, which in my opinion would be very small hp differences if any. I do not have the Megan exhaust but I have seen and heard it and sometimes wish I had it because it is much more mellow than mine. I have heard two Buschur exhausts and both sounded horrible, loud and tinny. My 2 cents. Not trying to bash anyone, I think Buschur products are outstanding and the support he gives his customers and EVOm is second to none.
Just my 2 cents, I don't understand how spoken word of a few becomes FACT until proven otherwise. Some of these claims have been going on for years and just now being proven otherwise because one man, Mr Bushur, was tired of the controversy and took it upon himself to actually perform a test.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

I think the biggest lesson that new people to the EVO community need to learn is that SOME vendors on here twist the truth or just flat out LIE to promote their products. Which very is unfortunate because the EVO community is filled with a bunch of young, impressionable kids who usually have a lot of money and don't know a whole lot about cars. For a lot of them the EVO is their first "sport" car and when the modding bug hits them its hard to resist the temptation.

When a vendor has or sponsors a new product they market it to the evom community in such a way that its the greatest thing since sliced bread and every EVO owner MUST have it because it will make 400whp on pump gas. Dyno sheets are thrown around and the marketing BS begins. But what people fail to realize is that in two or three weeks that same vendor is going to be promoting "the next big thing" and the cycle starts all over again.

A few people have been around long enough to read between the lines and see what is real and what is just some back door sales pitch that certian vendors flood in every one of their posts.

SOrry this has gotten off-topic...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Patiently waiting for Al to eat his own words...

Old Jan 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed

Two more facts thrown around before anyone even tried, and I still see thrown around to some extent.

1. 280's wont idle without standalone
2. 280's wont make power on stock turbo.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Misael
I guess that Measuring tape picture made "DynoFlash" realize a couple things
haha, no kidding. he has shut his mouth since that post. LMAO.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Dang! Al made me look into my Helix muffler tip today just to find out big huge hollow cave inside.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
haha, no kidding. he has shut his mouth since that post. LMAO.
Guys - sometimes I have to spend a couple of hours tuning a car so give me a break if I can't respond immediately

Its funny how things get blown out of proportion

I had no intention to start a sepearte thread on Megan Exhuasts - it was a side comment that I had made to one member's suggestion that Warrtalon could have made more power with a BR exhuast and I agree

Somehow - that comment was moved into this seperate thread

As for the inner measurement - when you look at the back of one of these Megan ones it looks down right ridiculous this giant tip with a tiny hole inside.

Personally - I just don't like that design and its nearly impossible to get a good a/f reading with a wideband in that tip due to the huge variation in diamater

They must have changed the design on this b/c this one pictured is larger slightly inside than others I have seen before

Afer seeing this picture - I am thinking that the Buschur unit must be over 3" inside - I am going to take some measurements now

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jan 18, 2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

There was a problem with Megan cat delete a while back, where it did taper to about 2.5", but they replaced mine (manufacturing error).
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Personally - I just don't like that design and its nearly impossible to get a good a/f reading with a wideband in that tip due to the huge variation in diamater
so now that you know its a true 3" design you are changing your story to "personal opinion".

Afer seeing this picture - I am thinking that the Buschur unit must be over 3" inside - I am going to take some measurements now
After your last "judgment call" on size I would be very hard pressed to believe what you say on the subject. Besides David himself already stated many times that he uses all 3" w/no neck downs.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

100% agreed and excelent observation which shows me that some people pay attention to details

Although Clay likes the Megan - on this we disagree as I find it to be a very poorly designed cheap taiwan pos unit

The main issue with the Megan and many units you can see when you actually look inside those gian 5" exhuast tips and see that your 3" exhuast pipe actually necks down to 2" and change inside the mufller

IMHO - if you buy any 3" system - make sure its a real 3" unit INSIDE the muffler - otherwise you are just wasting your money and time

IMHO - Clasy's car would pick up at least 10 whp with just an exhuast swap to Buschur cat back - in fact - it might me worth a test ??? Hint Dave!

In conclusion - look inside the muffler tip before you buy !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - I saw a nice el cheapo china exhuast tonight which was Sumo or some such name - the cat back was really good and well designed as far as power goes - but the DP did not fit on a evo IX - not a bad unit if you dig made in China on your whip

BUY BUSCHUR - MADE IN USA

Why don't you provide more proof before opening your big mouth? People like you make me sick... seriously... Yea, you try to make it look like you meant nothing after you've been proven wrong but you knew exactly what you were trying to do when you posted. **IMHO** you suck as a person...

bryan

Last edited by bryans2k; Jan 18, 2006 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Megan Exhaust