Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the inner measurement - when you look at the back of one of these Megan ones it looks down right ridiculous this giant tip with a tiny hole inside.
I didn't know 3" was now considered a "tiny" hole.
Many EVO exhuast are designed like this. I guess they all suck.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by bryans2k
Why don't you provide more proof before opening your big mouth? People like you make me sick... seriously... Yea, you try to make it look like you meant nothing after you've been proven wrong but you knew exactly what you were trying to do when you posted. **IMHO** you suck as a person...

bryan
Blood pressure is creeping up dawg!

Calm down.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
I didn't know 3" was now considered a "tiny" hole.
Many EVO exhuast are designed like this. I guess they all suck.
To each his / her own - everyone is free to chose what they like

I dont sell either of these exhuasts - or any exhuast for that matter
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bryans2k
Why don't you provide more proof before opening your big mouth? People like you make me sick... seriously... Yea, you try to make it look like you meant nothing after you've been proven wrong but you knew exactly what you were trying to do when you posted. **IMHO** you suck as a person...

bryan
Alright you guys are motivating me to go down to the garage and take a photo of what a good exhuast tip looks like - lets see if I can find my camera
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I think the biggest lesson that new people to the EVO community need to learn is that SOME vendors on here twist the truth or just flat out LIE to promote their products. Which very is unfortunate because the EVO community is filled with a bunch of young, impressionable kids who usually have a lot of money and don't know a whole lot about cars. For a lot of them the EVO is their first "sport" car and when the modding bug hits them its hard to resist the temptation.

When a vendor has or sponsors a new product they market it to the evom community in such a way that its the greatest thing since sliced bread and every EVO owner MUST have it because it will make 400whp on pump gas. Dyno sheets are thrown around and the marketing BS begins. But what people fail to realize is that in two or three weeks that same vendor is going to be promoting "the next big thing" and the cycle starts all over again.

A few people have been around long enough to read between the lines and see what is real and what is just some back door sales pitch that certian vendors flood in every one of their posts.

SOrry this has gotten off-topic...
Well said...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Isnt the Greddy TI and the HKS Hi Power and Carbon TI the same sizes as the Megan Almost?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

Al was probably looking at the older version of the Megan exaust...(the 2.5 inch..)

And I agree with him that we should try to buy domestic EVO parts...(yes I know the evo is 100% Jap..)...It's funny...Here in America we cant compete as far as overall auto manufacturing, performance/quality but we can make very good parts for imported cars and make them better.

It seems that the only products we export are Boeing planes and lots of $$....

Cheers
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Alright you guys are motivating me to go down to the garage and take a photo of what a good exhuast tip looks like - lets see if I can find my camera

Why? I have a Buschur exhaust which is one of the earlier versions. The hangers have broken on the downpipe after 45k on it and I had to buy another CAT (different design) from him after the first version he sold also fell apart on me because it was a little too large in some area's. I also bought his entire intercooler pipe+intercooler kit which had pin holes around the BOV flange area and warped flanges on the BOV and turbo outlet. The intercooler (deluxe) also caused the turbo outlet coupler to constantly tear. Do I go around constantly trying to call his exhaust system and intercooler kit ****ty? Nope, I asked him about it afterwards and he offered ways to get them fixed but all involved me returning the parts and waiting for a return which at the time I could not do. Try and provide some proof next time retard...

bryan
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

you just said to each his / her own.

what works for you, may not work for others. This is all so subjective, so what a good tip "looks like" to you may not look good to others. no need to post a picture, you will just be giving your OPINION again, to which others will flame away, so why go through the trouble?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

The Greddy titanium is actually a little larger than 3" piping, not by much, I dont know exactly. I just fisted the muffler, measures 3.5 inches inside, dirty *****. She must be cheating on me.

On a side note, how can the buschur be lighter than the Megan if both are stainless? Does it use thinner tubing?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gkania
The Greddy titanium is actually a little larger than 3" piping, not by much, I dont know exactly. I just fisted the muffler, measures 3.5 inches inside, dirty *****. She must be cheating on me.

On a side note, how can the buschur be lighter than the Megan if both are stainless? Does it use thinner tubing?
It doesn't use flanges which leaky like a dirty ***** at the downpipe and cat but he has since put flanges on the downpipe and front of the cat. It is still flangeless from the rear of the cat onward...

It's actually a good exhaust in my opinion except for the fact that it doesn't use all flanges which can cause problems sometimes and uses thin hangers which can break easier under fatigue over a extended period of time (normal driving/every now and then racing).

bryan
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:56 PM
Account Disabled

Frankly and honestly - ione of the main reasons why this forum is so valued to me is that the free exhange of ideas and information promotes a greater understanding - both for the members and for the vendors

Honestly - the last time I looked at a Megan exhuast it was a much smaller hole than the one in this pictures

If they have changed the product to improve it - good for them

I still like the BR better and that is why I run it on my own car

To each his / her own - this is why we have freedom of choice
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:57 PM
Account Disabled

I wouldn't trust what a lawyer says.

BR exhaust is made very clean and they do by pass a lot of the welding that may cause problems later on down the road. Most of the Evo's in GA and FL has BR exhaust. They sound great and it's quiet on idle. Which is more than what Megan exhaust could say.

Megan exhaust is a good exhaust with a good price. It does what it's intended to do and it's half of the price of BR exhaust (almost)

People, exhaust is just pieces of pipe.

It's not something to look down on because it's made in china. If chinese could make better pipes at cheaper price, i'll buy them.

If this takes away from your job, your pride, your life, maybe you should of went to college and maybe you shouldn't smoked so much weed in highschool. Or maybe you should understand that this country isn't great because all the white people.

I'm not gonna get into this whole thing.

You could have a piece of 3" aluminum pipe straight from the 02 housing and it'll still work.

I think personal opinion is good, but considering Al doesn't use what he sells, it's hard for me to listen to what he says.

If Al had dynoflash on his Evo, instead of AEM EMS, I would listen to him with some attention.

I like BR exhaust without the half witted patriotism.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
you just said to each his / her own.

what works for you, may not work for others. This is all so subjective, so what a good tip "looks like" to you may not look good to others. no need to post a picture, you will just be giving your OPINION again, to which others will flame away, so why go through the trouble?
Well - I just want to show what I talking about

Camera almost charged
Old Jan 18, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Bryans2k, thanks that makes sense.

Al, if you can just tell me why the Buschur will add 10 hp over the Megan I will be satisfied

Quick Reply: Megan Exhaust